Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Silverwood to get D??????j????? Vu

Silverwood to get D??????j????? Vu

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 24th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points
Originally posted by RRollergod

^We are already getting that new Dark Knight coaster.

ya but i dont think it is gonna be good as deja vu

Post January 24th, 2008, 5:55 pm

im soo glad i rode it the last time i went there. Cause i have always wanted to ride it in the front row and that time (my last time ever[V]) i rode it in the front row and it was awesome. Deja Vu you were very like at SFGAm

Post January 25th, 2008, 5:26 pm
WES User avatar

Points on hand: 1,732.00 Points
The Deja Vu at SFOG was not my favorite ride but was a fun ride. Sadly I was in line waiting to ride it the night it broke down for the last time. If only it would have waited for three more cycles I would have gotten to ride it before they closed it. I wonder what park will get the SFOG Deja Vu.

Post February 12th, 2008, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points
Well, It's midway through February, and all that has changed with Deja Vu is the train is gone, and the sign is gone. Everything else is still standing at SFGAm. And Silverwood thinks they can open it in July? Yeah, right

Post February 12th, 2008, 12:26 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

why not.. it's not like it's some sort of special ride like the other two they have.. i'll bet it pretty much just snaps together like an oversized carnival ride..

Post February 15th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,551.00 Points
Ya there not getting it freash there getting it used from SFGAm

Post February 20th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points
Deconstruction of Deja Vu is underway at SFGAm. The crane arrived last Thursday (2/13) and as of today, 3 track pieces have been removed from the top of the loop.

Post February 26th, 2008, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
I did not realize that SFOG was selling there Deja Vu too. Is that true, and what about the one at SFMM.

Post February 26th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

As far as I understand, the Deja Vu at SFOG is already gone. The one at SFMM will be staying put.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,539.00 Points
that sucks that they are the owners of the last D?????????j????????? Vu.
Oh Yeah!

Post April 23rd, 2008, 8:51 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Canadmos

As far as I understand, the Deja Vu at SFOG is already gone. The one at SFMM will be staying put.
oh .. good then 2 hours worth of people will be out of my way while i'm riding the good rides

Post May 28th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
Figured I could add my two cents to this.

Being a ride operator at Silverwood Theme Park, i'm (obviously) at the park a lot. I've been covering the construction of Aftershock since March. Between then and now, Silverwood has greatly surprised me with the construction. At first, I didnt think it would even open this season, but after seeing how fast they have put it up, I'm pretty sure that without problems, it will open this season, in either July or August.

This is the most recent update I have of Aftershock, which was on May 18'th.

Here is a good side-by-side size comparison between Tremors and Aftershock. (Included also is Corkscrew and Timber Terror)

Silverwood really has gotten Aftershock put up fast. It's amazing that since vertical construction began, in basicly only three updates, most of the coaster is complete!

The massive structure is truely a sight to behold, espically when there is no queue or station to obstruct the view.

From the other side

There is still a lot to do before a July opening

Although it needs a new paint scheme to fit in at Silverwood, it will have to do for now. Besides, from a far, the coaster does blend in nicely with the surrounding area.

Meh, blury pic, but oh well.

A look at Aftershock from Timber Terror's queue. Soon this view will change even greater, and change Silverwood's skyline forever.

A soon to be no longer tranquil section of the park

Right now, I see the Aftershock midway/plaza going in one of two directions. This is one of those directions.

And this past Sunday, Silverwood was just starting to put up the supports for the 1st tower.

Post May 28th, 2008, 11:14 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

yay ! i might go there this summer.. just look at all the wood that that thing is gonna draw all the suckers away from!!!!!ALL MINE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Post May 29th, 2008, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Well, it's not like there are going to be many people in that park to begin with . . . even with "Aftershock" . . .

Post May 29th, 2008, 12:26 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post May 29th, 2008, 7:36 am

That looks awesome. I can't wait to goto Silverwood one day.

Post May 29th, 2008, 11:07 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Post May 29th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Post May 31st, 2008, 4:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
As said earlier in this thread, the one at SFMM is staying put (for now) Wouldn't count on it being there in a few years though!
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post May 31st, 2008, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
Originally posted by Canadmos

So, yes the one at SFMM will be staying.
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Post June 1st, 2008, 7:04 am

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
Originally posted by Nosferatu

As said earlier in this thread, the one at SFMM is staying put (for now) Wouldn't count on it being there in a few years though!

Not unless they want to rebrand SFMM's other 2001 bankruptsy coaster...
If Aftershock does well at Silverwood, I wouldnt doubt it if Six Flags decided to call in Vekoma so they can get Deja some much needed TLC.

Post June 9th, 2008, 10:50 pm

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stor ... 77966.html

SILVERWOOD THEME PARK -- Safety experts say Silverwood's new roller coaster, the Aftershock, is safe for anyone in good health to ride.

Some KREM 2 viewers had contacted us, concerned that the 4.6 Gs in force the ride puts on the body, are too much.

Our investigation uncovered that excessive exposure to G-force on the body can cause brain damage, but Aftershock falls well short of unacceptable amounts.

A "G" is equal to the amount of force gravity exerts on the body under normal circumstances.

We also discovered that there were no safety problems with the ride at it's old home, Six Flags-Chicago.

Crews at Silverwood are still working on Aftershock. When it is complete it will be twice the size of Silverwood's signature coaster, Tremors.

After construction and testing, Aftershock is set to officially open by the end of July.

Post June 10th, 2008, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Someone needs to do something about an avatar...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 10th, 2008, 12:07 am

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
i know. i asked oscar to help but i dont know why it did not resize??????????? [confused]
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Post June 10th, 2008, 1:30 am

Points on hand: 332.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!