Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2016- The New Revolution

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2016- The New Revolution

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
Superior to the Gerst trains? Wow, I am curious as to what improvements they have made, because the train on IR are quite nice, smooth, and comfy.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Looks like the supports will be painted blue. Tatsu is just screaming for a new coat of paint as well.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Yuck. I was hoping they'd leave the loop white. Has the track escaped blue paint?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
^The track is staying white. The ride was originally called the Great American Revolution, so to get all the colors in they're going with red trains, white track, and blue supports. I was initially skeptical of the idea, but in person it looks great.

In addition to what is shown here, SFMM is also redoing all of Six Flags Plaza to have an Americana look and chase lights will be added to sections of the coaster. The station and queue of the ride are also getting a complete overhaul. It may not be a big new coaster, but this is the type of thing SFMM needs to do more of.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I actually like the way the loops. Its a tasteful amount of blue.
What are these for?

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ It doesn't look cool to me because of additional white steel beams under the track. Well, I love these colors, though.

;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
That looks pretty awesome. I wonder how it will turn out.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
The supports look great in blue, but I would've preferred if they kept the loop the classic white color.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
I have to say that I agree with lol240, I feel as if the blue supports would have looked better if the i-beams were also painted blue. And since SFMM seems to be on this "home improvement" kick, would it be okay if I just put in my request for new Viper trains/restraints now, or would that be asking for too much? :lol:
-DechLave T.P Ent.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Too much. Rethemes and re-branding are definitely a trend right now in the industry, especially when disguising routine maintenance that includes new trains and some brakes.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Even if six flags is trying to improve a ride, it still ends up uglier than before.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Wow. Seeing shiny track on Revolution again is spectacular.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I like the blue supports. but the whole loop should have stayed white.
Viper's trains are fine, and their restraints are replaced when new ones are needed.
Tatsu and Viper NEED a paintjob!

The blue paint does look kinda cheesy, its not bad, but its not as good as I thought.

Scream got new paint, and now revolution, I like the trend.

True Addicts
True Addicts

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCBJlZYyoZG/

Loop is white again apparently, unless this is a joke.

^Not a joke. Apparently a lot of people didn't care for the blue loop at the construction tour and the park wasn't thrilled with the look so they decided to just paint it white as originally planned. Personally I thought it looked fine in blue, but the white is probably more iconic as that's how the ride has been since 1976.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

I'm so glad they kept it white. The blue on the loop looked atrocious.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200

Went to SFMM today for the first time in a while.
There were alot more changes than I was expecting.
Saw Revolution in person and I gotta say the paint looks great! Much better in person than in pictures :) It looks so clean and the blue matches nice. The loop was painted back to white, but the track's supports(the one that goes thru the loop) are still blue. These should also be white! (in my opinion) Also, major work is being done on the station. They seem to be creating new paths, entrances and exits will be diffrent. My guess is the entrace will be the same with new paths and queues and the exit will let you out around X2's bridge (were panda express used to be). Oh yeah Panda express is gone! But yeah, much work being done on revolution! I'm actually excited for the new trains! BTW the track was repainted, but the rails still looked like a train has been run on them, would this be done on purpose? Like they just didn't paint it on purpose, or have they already been running the new trains?

Some little updates on the park since I've been gone:
My ride on Scream was much rougher than I remember, it was never silkly smooth, but it wasn't this bad! This was my first ride with new paint, but it might of been a older train? It was rough, makes me sad they just painted it. Give it some themeing!
But one good thing, it has new restraints! Which is weird, because they fixed the restraints but the train is not smooth!

TC ran nicely, two trains were running in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Didn't get one dual(got close), i blame the GP, there too slow. I'm sure if they removed the seat belts, fat people could slow down dispatch time all they wanted, and we would still dual.
Got two rides in, one in the front and one in the back. I enjoyed the front better. The first drop has longer airtime. It saddens me that not everyone LOVES this coaster. I personally think its underrated.

Nothing really different about goliath, ran the same as always. GREAT! but new restraints are needed.

Batman ran a bit faster than usual! I actually grayed out on the first and 2nd loop! I honestly think each batman clone is a bit different. Also the park has made the brakes less dramatic. They used to throw you into the restraints, it was awesome in the rain! The water would fly horizontal as you stopped.

Lex Luther did not have a single rider line, not sure if it was just that day, but it was the first time I've seen that.

Viper was running great like always, no more sponsors on the trains, and new restraints! But I would honestly paint viper before Tatsu. Its that BAD! The batwing is white-pink-badge, its so weird!
I also noticed the on ride pictures have water marks. Never seen that.

Full Throtle, man SF pissed me off. They actually had the nerve to run one train. ONE! As if the RPH wasn't low enough.
The other train had water dummies, so I guess I have to let it slide, but they should just do what goiliath does. 3 trains total, 2 always running, no matter the time of year. One being down for maintenance, and the other two on duty. Still a great ride.

The stadium near RR and gold rush, is being torn down, saw a crane and I haven't seen this area be used in a while. Maybe a future project location?

Apocalypse had two trains running.
The train i went on had new restraints(which were unnecessary, but hey! Why complain?) but the ride was rough! Roughest ride I've ever had! Good thing this ride has the most comfortable seats of all time, OF ALL TIME!, i'm basically being hugged the whole time by pillows. But they gotta do something, maybe it was that one train, but it felt the ride wouldn't last another season in this condition.

They actually were running both sides on superman! In February! Hell its been the middle of summer, and nope, one. So that was cool.

So overall, this visit make me just wanna come back!
Attachments
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

True Addicts
True Addicts

Helo9797 wrote:
Went to SFMM today for the first time in a while.

Some little updates on the park since I've been gone:
My ride on Scream was much rougher than I remember, it was never silkly smooth, but it wasn't this bad! This was my first ride with new paint, but it might of been a older train? It was rough, makes me sad they just painted it. Give it some themeing!
But one good thing, it has new restraints! Which is weird, because they fixed the restraints but the train is not smooth!

I have a hypothesis that occasionally the trains made by B&M are duds totally at random due to some kind of error or loss of precision when they're being manufactured (not assembled, before that). Mantis had the same rattley train issue from what I've heard. I assumed it was the track being undersupported and flexing too much since you could audibly hear the train slamming into the track when I worked it. My experience with rides like Raging Bull and others was that the track shaked 1/4 as much relative to Mantis, which wobbled all over the place and that's where that idea came from.

Rougarou is glass smooth and Mantis had "mixed reviews" ever since it opened, which totally blows my initial "the track was bouncing the train around".

So sorry your park got dud trains lol.

The blue and white is growing on me, especially since it makes the plaza retheme they're doing. Goddamn does Tatsu need a repaint but there is only so much they can do.

Great report, and it sounds like you had a pretty good time. Here's a few notes based on what I've read elsewhere as well as my own personal experience.

Helo9797 wrote:
Saw Revolution in person and I gotta say the paint looks great! Much better in person than in pictures :) It looks so clean and the blue matches nice. The loop was painted back to white, but the track's supports(the one that goes thru the loop) are still blue. These should also be white! (in my opinion) Also, major work is being done on the station. They seem to be creating new paths, entrances and exits will be diffrent. My guess is the entrace will be the same with new paths and queues and the exit will let you out around X2's bridge (were panda express used to be). Oh yeah Panda express is gone! But yeah, much work being done on revolution! I'm actually excited for the new trains! BTW the track was repainted, but the rails still looked like a train has been run on them, would this be done on purpose? Like they just didn't paint it on purpose, or have they already been running the new trains?

The main entrance and exit for the attraction will be in the same location, but there is a new path being built from the X2/Chop Six (formerly Panda Express) side. This path will be the ADA and Flash Pass entrance. The ride does look a lot better in person than pictures, and while all white is iconic I do like the shade of blue they chose and it works with the Americana theme. Portions of the rails may be left unpainted as depending on the wheel compound the paint may affect operation of the ride. There hasn't been any testing yet and the trains aren't on site...last I heard, they'll be arriving in early April.

For some reason, Scream has been running a lot rougher since it was refurbished last year. I don't know why this is, especially since the trains were all completely rebuilt and the entire ride was repainted. I do wish they had done more given the work that went into the rest of Screampunk District (at least put down a gravel floor to cover the parking stripes), but it is what it is.

TC ran nicely, two trains were running in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Didn't get one dual(got close), i blame the GP, there too slow. I'm sure if they removed the seat belts, fat people could slow down dispatch time all they wanted, and we would still dual.
Got two rides in, one in the front and one in the back. I enjoyed the front better. The first drop has longer airtime. It saddens me that not everyone LOVES this coaster. I personally think its underrated.

Seatbelts are mandated by RMC so removing them isn't an option. I think the park just needs to make this a mandatory locker ride as it is usually people putting loose articles away that causes the longest delays. The window is pretty small, so I'd say the ride probably has a 20-30% duel rate in my experience. It's definitely the GP though...at an event I went to we had an hour of ERT on the ride with three trains and I think only two duels were missed in that time, so the employees definitely try as hard as they can. And yes, Twisted Colossus is a great ride...best coaster at the park and a top 15 steel in my opinion.

Lex Luther did not have a single rider line, not sure if it was just that day, but it was the first time I've seen that.

If the line is short (<10 minutes or so), they will sometimes close the single rider line at Lex Luthor. If the line is longer, they will usually let you ride as a single rider even if the sign isn't out.

Full Throtle, man SF pissed me off. They actually had the nerve to run one train. ONE! As if the RPH wasn't low enough.
The other train had water dummies, so I guess I have to let it slide, but they should just do what goiliath does. 3 trains total, 2 always running, no matter the time of year. One being down for maintenance, and the other two on duty. Still a great ride.

All the rides at SFMM that have three trains are capable of operating with three trains. Since Full Throttle can only operate with two trains, the park decided to only purchase two as a third train would cost several hundred thousand dollars. This ride has below average capacity even with two trains, so when one is down for maintenance the line is horrible. If there's only one train, you pretty much have to ride first thing in the morning or forget about it.

The stadium near RR and gold rush, is being torn down, saw a crane and I haven't seen this area be used in a while. Maybe a future project location?

There are reasonably strong rumors that this will be the site of a Justice League: Battle for Metropolis dark ride in 2017. I've heard from a reliable source that Six Flags has two more coming next year and SFMM is one of the parks that will likely be receiving one (not sure of the other park, but I'd guess either SFGAdv or SFOG).

Apocalypse had two trains running.
The train i went on had new restraints(which were unnecessary, but hey! Why complain?) but the ride was rough! Roughest ride I've ever had! Good thing this ride has the most comfortable seats of all time, OF ALL TIME!, i'm basically being hugged the whole time by pillows. But they gotta do something, maybe it was that one train, but it felt the ride wouldn't last another season in this condition.

Apocalypse has gotten really rough over the past couple years and it is at the point where a full retrack is needed. From what I've heard, SFMM wants to do something but they don't have the budget for it (same with repainting some of the coasters). It is likely that a Cyclone Bay refurbishment will be coming in the next few years, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a major retrack project at that time. I hate to see the ride in the shape it's in because that coaster was probably in the top three at SFMM when it opened but is now in the bottom half of the park's coasters.

^
Thanks for replying! I haven't been too up to date in a while, so I'm glad some of my questions are answered :)
I didn't consider Justice League, but now thinking about it, makes sense. The last two coasters added have been a success(GP loves both Full Throtle and TC), so maybe they'll mix it up.

P.S. Apocalypse is still one of the best in the park(in my opinion), its just rougher. Its not good for a marathon, but its still one of the tops in the park for me.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Apocalypse used to be a great ride, but right now it's...

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
It would only be 'new' if they were replacing every single track segment, not just repainting and new trains. This isn't an RMC version of Revolution.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

It's just a stupid marketing tactic by Six Flags. Hopefully it'll return to its normal name in a year or two.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!