Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2016- The New Revolution

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2016- The New Revolution

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I'm willing to let the name slide for those news trains. :lol: I was willing to let a lot slide for those news trains.
I'd say it's a fair trade.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Helo9797 wrote:
P.S. Apocalypse is still one of the best in the park(in my opinion), its just rougher. Its not good for a marathon, but its still one of the tops in the park for me.

I'm sure you're not alone...I know people who still think it's the best ride there, and I still think it's a pretty decent coaster. For me, I just think SFMM has so many good rides that small changes can cause me to move a ride significantly in my rankings.

As for the New Revolution, the name doesn't bother me at all because everyone is just going to call it Revolution anyway. I do wish they would have restored it to the Great American Revolution, but it doesn't really matter what they choose to call it. Besides, as long as they've got a ride called the Helpful Honda Express (the new name for Orient Express), nothing else even comes close in terms of a bad name.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I actually like the name. It's a clever play on words, even if they didn't intend it that way. It's a new Revolution as in, what's old is new again. Besides without a new name, guests just aren't going to give a crap, because from the outside(without actually riding it) it's just Revolution open again. It also means corperate shareholders aren't going to get why you're even bothering, since it's easier to just leave the ride as it is.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I do love to see the train testing in the loop! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
I swear the audio of early testing videos of SFMM coasters comes from the microphones of cellphones from 2003
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You haven't lived until you held one cassette player up to a radio while holding the record button lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

^^ That's funny! :lol:

Thanks to Coaster Force. This is really cool!

^ Wow they even have a cinema version! That's an amazing piece of work! :)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

What they did to revolution was very much needed :) I like the blue supports too.

I also think VR possibilities are awesome! Now of course it is a gimmick however it's something that if done right could be really cool. Especially since it's optional.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

^ Well, their VR system indeed is awesome, but I think that they should give guests the multiple "environment" choices for a 100% guaranteed fun!

:)

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Those neons do represent "La Gloria De America"! :D

That's pretty darn cool.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Those lights look really cool. I wonder if they're always timed to chase the train like that or if it was just a coincidence. Probably the latter, but it looks great either way.

Since I did get to ride New Revolution a couple weeks ago and the ride opens to everyone next week (April 21st), I might as well briefly share my thoughts. The new trains are excellent and the ride itself is much, much better. The coaster has jumped from a ride that I'd occasionally do if there wasn't a line and I'd done everything else to a ride that I'll probably try to do on every visit unless the line is excessive. It is not a top tier coaster, but it is a good ride that is thrilling enough for coaster junkies yet tame enough that younger riders won't be scared away.

As for the VR, it was a very cool experience and added a new dimension to the ride. While the graphics quality is not particularly great (probably a limitation of the equipment), the visuals synced perfectly to the coaster and it was a lot of fun. However, with the VR it no longer feels like a roller coaster, yet it doesn't feel like a motion simulator either. It's a bit hard to describe, honestly, but it feels like a cross between those two. I don't think I'd want to ride with VR every time, but it is definitely worth a try and I would highly encourage everyone to try it at least once before dismissing the concept.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!