Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Tips Wanted: Unwanted Shocks While Test-Riding.

Tips Wanted: Unwanted Shocks While Test-Riding.

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
While I was tweaking tracks that I have created so far, I noticed that some of my rides tend to get a few unwanted shocks specially when the ride goes into a straight part from a curved section. Adjusting "Control Point" length does not work well in this case. Are there any good ways to remove them without thinking of any Newton use. I'm proud of being a handbuilder.

Comments and suggestions are welcome! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Can you explain any more what's happening? Are you getting a jolt, a G-force spike, both, something else? I just want to be perfectly clear. And is this an issue showing up in track view in the editor, in the simulator, or both?

Also, unless I'm misunderstanding, "control point length" sounds like NL1 building, you're definitely asking about NL2? Are you talking about control point weight there?

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Try adjusting the positioning of the roll points, or having a more intermediate vertex between straight and curved. You can usually see the shock in-editor in the form of a quick change in lateral G's (have G-Force comb enabled.) Playing around a bit with the vertices and roll points will show you how the forces change. If all else fails you can just learn to want the shocks.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

^^ Ah yes NL1 story. Could anyone possibly move this thread to "No Limits Coaster" section, so more skilled users can show me better examples?

Thanks for reading, you guys. :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^ Thanks and... I sort of wish for more replies. :D + ;)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
are the shocks at strict nodes? if so, usually putting a node a few feet before it as a lead in that softens that roll will help and all but eliminate it most cases.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Make sure your electrical connections are grounded properly.

^^ Thanks for the suggestion. Think that I'll do that later. :)

Return to No Limits Coaster