Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL - UP: 31-5] Treasure Planet Project

[NL - UP: 31-5] Treasure Planet Project

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 25th, 2005, 1:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,269.00 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper

station floor sucks!, better choose a better template for it, it looks is consist of to large "planken".

That's what i meant with tweaking.. ;)
still working on this..

Post May 25th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I like it. It looks absolutely stunning. I think you could be on to a winner here. I hope track work is as good as it looks. 3ds are obviously stunning. [:D]

Post May 25th, 2005, 3:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
k, the only things with this one, IMO, are the colors and theming, but hey, it's your coaster, do what fits you best!

Post May 25th, 2005, 5:25 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

why?
what's wrong with the theming?
it looks really urban.just as it exists in real life and I like the coulours look godd and decent.
awesome ride!
can't wait until you upload it.

Post May 25th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

nothing is wrong with imo, but (no offense) hyyyper and coastercrazy and a few others really act their age. just say, something like this, or dont say it at all. "i like the work you did, i can tell you spent awhile doing it, it looks great"

Post May 26th, 2005, 3:47 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

it ain't wrong, it are very good 3d's, i just don't like them

Post May 28th, 2005, 1:37 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ you could try to use better english. the phrase, "it ain't wrong, it are very good 3d's" really pisses me off!
But I don't know why you wouldn't like it, it should add some adrenaline to the ride, is it just the textures that you don't like?

Post May 28th, 2005, 2:01 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

dude, he's trying his best to speak English and I thikn he does very well, you could understand completely what he was saying couldn't you? so there is no need to make a fuss at all. I for one like the fact that he said "aint", because thats how I talk in real life and I'm English through and through, so actually, well done hyyyper I think.

Still though, I think the 3D's for this ride are great, I love all of the detail that Tommy has gone to, really great [:)]

Post May 28th, 2005, 4:34 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i can't help it, i'm just typing what i'm thinking at the moment, and sometimes i forgot words, or stuff like that.....but i could also continue in dutch, maar ik denk dat jullie daar niks van zullen begrijpen (but i don;t think you guys would understand)

Post May 28th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Nope, most of us wouldnt have a clue :P

Im not a huge fan of the word aint, it just doesnt make you sound very smart. However, if its how you talk in real life, more power to you for being congruent in your real world --> internet persona's.

Post May 28th, 2005, 5:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I just got back from cardiff, where we experienced a nerve racking match ending in a horrible defeat!!!!!!! Sorr i know thats off topic, but ive just driven for 4 hours back home, and im distraught at what happened. Most of you wont get what im on about, only Gouldy. Play off final.

I also say aint alot, and dont it, and crap like that. But thats just how most english people speak. Anyway this is like my most off topic post ever so................

As i have said before, Tommy it is looking fantastic. I love the textures and stuff they make it look real, and i cant wait until its released. When is it released?

Post May 31st, 2005, 3:24 pm

Post May 31st, 2005, 4:03 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

Post May 31st, 2005, 4:12 pm

Post June 17th, 2005, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Off topic, but what's wrong with "ain't"? I learned in school that it's perfect english. Example:
"I'm being a smart ass, ain't I?"
Now, how would you say that without "ain't"? BTW: "aren't I" sounds stupid.

Buster.

Post June 17th, 2005, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Actually ain't is the proper contraction for am not so in the case you used it would be improper Buster. However, if you say"I ain't going to do that" that is gramatically correct, it still sounds awkward though.

Post June 17th, 2005, 12:22 pm

??? the second part would read ",am I not?". Why would it be improper to use "ain't" here?

Post June 17th, 2005, 1:20 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I don't know, but when your speaking formally, or writing a paper, all contractions are improper.

Post June 17th, 2005, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points

Post June 17th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Buster, its completely horrible English.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=aint

I just find it to sound highly unintelligent. Substitute the real meaning "Im being a smart ass, am I not?" Doesn't that sound stupid?

However, I would just say the way you have that sentence structured is not good to begin with. It would be more proper to say "Am I not being a smart ass or what?"

Strange they would teach you over there that its perfect English when over here its one of the worst slang words to use. Usually only accepted in catch phrases and such.

Post June 18th, 2005, 1:21 am

Ok, obviously I was tought something wrong in school. I just looked it up and my sentence would indeed have to be "I am being a smart ass, aren't I".
BTW: The sentence above is called a "tag question" and can only be written like that. "Am I not being a smart ass or what?" doesn't sound good.

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb ... ns-tag.htm

Buster.
PS: Now I need to get this "ain't" out of my head.

PPS: Or not... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain't
I guess I'll just keep saying it.

Post June 18th, 2005, 1:28 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Originally posted by Buster

PS: Now I need to get this "ain't" out of my head.

Don't push it too far out of your head. You might need it if you should ever visit the American south. [:D] Personally, I don't see anything wrong with using the word in casual conversations, but then again, i'm from Oklahoma.

Post June 19th, 2005, 1:10 am

I dont scold people who use it. I just personally like to hear people structure their sentences better, thats all. In catch phrases and such like, say it aint so and one I used today and cant remember, its fine.

I just dont like it when every other word is aint this, aint that. Really, its only got a few actual useful places and even then its usually when your sentences are not being formed correctly.

Oh well, this aint no english class ya hear?! ;)

Post June 19th, 2005, 2:09 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

In catch phrases and such like, say it aint so and one I used today and cant remember, its fine.

You mean like in... "Ain't ain't a word.... It's a contraction!?"

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area