Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Vital - Layout Completed

Vital - Layout Completed

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 27th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by tiepilot35

For once, you did a color scheme right! Yay! I love it.

LOL, sad, it wasn't even me. Thanks to the lovely Lewis.

=]

Originally posted by alton_

Line up the last hill that you are building now with the 1st...

Well, thats what i would do. Up to you Jake :P

The MCB is coming up soon, and I want its exit to be a left helix. Like Behemoth's MCB exit, only bigger probably. Then after it will sort of line up / stay within the span of the lift.

Anyway, small update...

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p5066

Which brings us to the MCB-

Post August 28th, 2008, 3:38 am

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Woooo! Grand colors my friend. Sweet layout so far too.

Post August 29th, 2008, 4:51 am

*Edit. Can't delete my post. Will be back with an update tonight.

Post August 30th, 2008, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Looking good man, except that second hill looks a little familiar ;).

My only complaint are the banking changes...it seems like you bank and unbank a lot closer together than B&M really does, like in your last valley before the MCBR. I'm just picky though :P.

We should make our hypers a build-off.

Post August 30th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,346.00 Points

yeooo jake wuts up??? havnt talked to you in a while

i love your rides and this is looking spectacular!
cant wait for it! if you need testers im always up for it

rObmiLLzy

Post August 30th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Originally posted by Jakizle

Looking good man, except that second hill looks a little familiar ;).

Lol, expand? Do you mean similar to Electropop? Your B&M? Idk.

My only complaint are the banking changes...it seems like you bank and unbank a lot closer together than B&M really does, like in your last valley before the MCBR. I'm just picky though :P.

Some of the transitions take place in less time than what B&M would traditionally do, and the only one that I feel really stands out as a moderate concern is the turn at the bottom of the second straight airtime hill. It's quite quick, but I like making transitions a bit quicker.

We should make our hypers a build-off.

If it becomes a Build-Off, I won't finish it until 2010. Ask Vid [lol]

Post August 31st, 2008, 7:51 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
any theme ideas? and also, if you need a tester i am always here.

Post August 31st, 2008, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
Looking good Gerst. I don't really like the turnaround, but then again, it's pretty original. And I guess you know what you are doing :)

Post August 31st, 2008, 1:50 pm

Grr. Yet again I have to go back to edit a few things with the turnaround and the third airtime hill.

Edit

Alright so I took a small break a went back to work today.

Few edits to this pull up landed me here.

Mmm. Majestic =]

MCBR leads into a 106 ft. drop. Very good airtime in the back. Reaches a bit into the semi-ejector.

Straight small hill.

...what!?

Ha. Ya, I'm usually not really into banked airtime hills, but I just did one anyway.

Any comments, suggestions, and offers are encouraged, thanks.

Post September 7th, 2008, 3:30 am

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points

Post September 7th, 2008, 3:35 am

=]

Layout is now finished. Supports and theming will take place most likely until the end of the month, when I plan on releasing.

Post September 7th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Dude...we have issues. From the MCBR to the end of the ride, you do almost the SAME exact thing as me. Drop - air hill - banked hill - helix to water splash - hill to turn to brakes. Not cool man...

Post September 8th, 2008, 12:16 am

Your banked hill isnt anything like my banked hill. And I was just trying to play off Diamondback. If you have a problem thinking I copied you intentionally, well most poeple already know your layout was done first. Also, I have an entire extra straight airhill, while your post-splashdown sequence is longer and more intense. I'm not trying to copy you. I ran out of room in the editor, didn't wanna make anymore left turns and needed a helix somewhere in my ride.

I'm sorry, but in all respect your B&M is very similar to Diamondback's. If you can pick and place certain things to play off a ride, why can't I? There isn't much else to do post-MCBR than hills and helices anyway (on a Mega).

Post September 8th, 2008, 12:47 am

Fosho. And he wasn't copying you either, if that's what you were thinking. He's been discussing his layout with mwa for like 3 weeks now. We were going to have a splashdowns on both of our coasters but mine sorta. um didn't go through. I don't understand why your post MCBR sequences being similar is a problem.

Post September 8th, 2008, 8:24 am

Lewis, my coaster has been done for a couple of months, and I let him test it before this topic was ever created. I agree that my layout is very similar to Diamondback, and that is what I was shooting for. However, I decided to have a banked hill unline Diamindback, and so did you. Instead of making the helix line up with the brakes, I made it at a different angle and added a hill and turn to the brakes, and so did you. That was my way of being different from Diamondback, and I guess you decided to do the same thing. It might not have been intentional, but the truth is it's almost exactly the same. You have an extra hill? Big deal...it's still the same IDEA. I told you I want to see more original yet realistic layouts from you, but I'm not seeing the original part, as that post-mcbr variation has already been done. You could have played off of the real ride in a different way like I did, but instead you just did the same. LAME.

Post September 8th, 2008, 10:36 am

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points
Ok, ladies. Calm down.
No one is going to ride one of Jake's coaster and be all like "Hmm, that looks an awful lot like Jakizle's coaster...." I'm sorry to break it to you, but nobody is going to think that. Plus is not like the entire ride is a clone of you ride anyway. There should be enough in the rest of the ride to set each one of them apart. No need to have a bitch fit over something like that. Just get over it and move on.

-Tony.

Post September 8th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Lewis, my coaster has been done for a couple of months, and I let him test it before this topic was ever created.

Instead of making the helix line up with the brakes, I made it at a different angle and added a hill and turn to the brakes, and so did you.

Everyone knows that, so WHY are you crying so much? No one will really have as much of a problem as THINKING this was stealing layout work as you do, so there is nothing to be worried about. Honestly, don't fret so god damn much over it.

What you refuse to notice is that the helix is the only substantial similarity and also one of the main things we're both playing off Diamonback. Who gives a rip about what angles we decided to use while lining up the watersplash with our brakes?

And FYI I didn't add a hill after my watersplash...what? You want me to keep it flat and go into the brakes? Then maybe a chainlift into the station? The climb I added was needed

I told you I want to see more original yet realistic layouts from you, but I'm not seeing the original part

I'm trying to be original, but impressing people isn't as important as me just having fun and uploading a design that I can live in enjoyment with. I personally, and some others, feel like there's some bit of unique touch with the low ground turnaround/turning effect, I'm sorry if you don't. Can't impress everyone...

Post September 8th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Sorry, I can't live with using ideas from other's work. I'm not going to lie, I was like that when I started designing, but am no longer that way.

And angles do matter to me, and thats a part of the DESIGN. Dude your being idiotic if you cant see how similar the second halves are...grow up and stop seeming like you're all cool by telling me to cry. The elements are virtually the same, as we both have a large mcbr drop followed by an air hill and hill that banks at the top, followed by a helix, straight drop to splash, straight hill with a left turn combo as part of the down slope leading to brakes. Why can't you see that? Seriously dude, pay attention and stop behing so defensive when you have nothing to defend.

And Tiepilot and Lewis, just STFU, it ain't your business.

Post September 8th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Haha, this thread can't get a break.

Looking nice man, inspired me to start building a B&M myself.

Post September 8th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Lol.
Gerst, if its that big of a deal, mirror your design so the angles are opposite, maybe he'll stop his BLOOOing*.

Post September 8th, 2008, 7:46 pm

Sorry, I can't live with using ideas from other's work. I'm not going to lie, I was like that when I started designing, but am no longer that way.

Stop using B&M's ideas then, liar. It's the same situation, but you don't feel like your doing anything wrong, do you?

Dude your being idiotic...

...And Tiepilot and Lewis, just STFU, it ain't your business.

Btw, where is Keegan in this thread? Maybe I'm NOT the only idiot.[lol]

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Hey hey now, I didn't do anything.

And I don't see the big deal. You probably just don't trust Gerst, Jakizle. I know he didn't copy yours, intentionally. That's idiotic.

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Ya if i know Gerty well enough, he wouldn't just "steal" your layout ideas. Oh, and saying its not our business... Well, uhm, all these comments are viewed in a "public" forum, therefore making it everyone, and anyone's business.

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area