Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Vital - Layout Completed

Vital - Layout Completed

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 21st, 2008, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This started off as just an experimental thing. I planned on doing enough layout to get practice, but not really caring enough about the ride. But I talked to Lewis for a while last night, and he had some interest in it. He kind of inspired the continuing of this, so now I'm willing enough to execute this as a full project.

It's called Project Carve. It's a 175 ft. B&M Mega and will resemble Goliath at SFOG, and parts of Nitro; as well as a very little bit of the last two B&Ms, Diamondback and Behemoth. The drop is 70 degrees steep.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p5066

Look over here

This current segment is all currently being edited. This shows you the flow I'm going for. I mean, it took me two days to get this close to what I wanted, it'll probably take a few more hours of work to get it right where I want. [lol]
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on September 7th, 2008, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 21st, 2008, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post August 21st, 2008, 8:01 pm

Post August 21st, 2008, 10:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
Looks pretty hot so far. What have you planned for the rest of the layout? As long as there is few to no trims and the new kind of hammerhead turnaround is implemented, I'm sold. P:

Post August 21st, 2008, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Ah, what this nolimits coaster designing world has come down to.

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

it took me two days to get this close to what I wanted, it'll probably take a few more hours of work to get it right where I want.

Nice so far... with yer... little drop and hill over there.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 12:18 am

Keegan, one day you'll know why driven designers try so hard. Until then, I don't appreciate sarcasm about it.

Looks pretty hot so far. What have you planned for the rest of the layout? As long as there is few to no trims and the new kind of hammerhead turnaround is implemented, I'm sold. P:

I probably won't be using trims. Most people tell me that even though B&M applies them to the Megas a lot of the time, they're rarely turned on. And to be honest I probably won't go with the hammerhead turnaround. Most likely it will be a falling helix like Goliaths, only I have a few ways to make it different and hopefully more thrilling.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Keegan, one day you'll know why driven designers try so hard. Until then, I don't appreciate sarcasm about it.

Im sorry, but I cant take that seriously. Please stop acting like you are so serious about No Limits and coasters in general. I usually dont care when people are acting up a little, but ever since you pulled that screenshot manuver on me I have been annoyed. So I am calling you out.... stop acting like some coaster master. Noone on this site is really acts that serious about anything (which is a very good thing).

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:01 am

...You really worked that hard on the screenshot? I don't wanna sound like an a$$ but there was a reason I didn't use it. Again, I'm sorry. I didn't want to piss you off about it?

And Keegan has been odd. He doesn't give anyone a break on NL, and I have to hear the most about it. Not just about me, but other designers too; FVDers in particular.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:09 am

The fact of the matter is that I spent time working on it. It doesnt matter how long. You came to me for help, and I spend my personal time helping you out, and you completely blew me off. Btw, I thought my screenshot was 10 times better than that purple POS one you posted. So, ya man there is just a question on integrity that is in question. You might be too young and unexperienced in life to realize what integrity is, but I can tell you it isnt talking out of your ass and thinking you will get respect.

So I just say it again, you pissed me off, so now I am calling you out for something that other people are just waiting to say.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:15 am

"Actually sorry, someone already got me a screenshot. Thanks for you trouble, they just came on to AIM and threw it on me.

I appreciate all your help with the ride!"

I said sorry, thanks, and that I appreciated your help. I did not blow you off. Jesus...

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:27 am

I spend about 2 hours creating a couple of different screenies for you. I chose which one I though you might like best, and if that did not work out, I had others or I offered to create something more to your specifications. You still dont understand why I am mad. I am not one of your close friends or something. I am someone that you dont know, thus meaning you should show some respect when I do a favor for you. You came to me for help, and I was willing to spend my time to completely help you throughout the whole process until you were happy. Yep, I am just that nice. I wasnt exactly expecting to get a reply right after my work that you had gotten help from others, without really giving me a heads up that "hey man I might just get someone else to make it for me".

Actions speak louder than words is the moral of the story I guess..

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:29 am

Okay, now I understand you with more depth. And I don't want you to be mad at me, but I guess it has to be that way. I'm sorry. There is nothing more I can do but say that; unless of course, you had something in mind.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post August 22nd, 2008, 2:00 am

I really am not mad at you, I dont know you, but im just dissapointed in that lack of respect to me. Just know that its cool to F around with random people in the site who are down with drama and disrepect and such, but dont do it to me. Im not down.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 7:46 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post August 22nd, 2008, 10:42 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Sorry Gerty but I'm gonna have to agree with symbiotic on this one. Don't get me wrong, your coasters are great, but when it comes down to it, you act like you are some sort of coaster deity, and although you are a great friend who always helps me out when I need it, you do get a little bit full of yourself and your rides sometimes. When it all boils down, you aren't quite one of the "gods" of the coaster world just yet. I suppose thats the nicest way I could have said it. As for the other members of the sight, giving someone a heads up before completely blowing them off is almost required. If I were in Symbi's position, I would have been extremly pissed.

Post August 22nd, 2008, 11:46 am

And Keegan has been odd. He doesn't give anyone a break on NL, and I have to hear the most about it. Not just about me, but other designers too; FVDers in particular.

Lol.

I'll stop when I feel like using them.[:)]

Which should be soon. Newton has really helped me on the basics of FVD, now I just need to start plugging in.

Post August 25th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Okay so I'm basically demolishing what I have. It seems to hard to make anything interesting/worth while with that height, so I'm probably going to go up to 230 ft. and see if I can throw together a new idea.

EDIT~ The ride has been completely revised.

I felt that what I used to have limited me. So I increased the size, height-wise, to 230 ft. The extra speed and height let me make the air hills more graceful.

This layout is quite a switch from the common B&M Mega layout. Carve focuses, in particular, the ground.

The 230 ft. (75*) first drop is followed by a 172 ft. floater air hill.

Swoops into the next hill

Diving hill

The turnaround is composed of a diving drop right into a few low ground sweeping turns, then into the second straight-away floater hill.

Retracing the first low-ground sweep.

Post August 27th, 2008, 4:11 am

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points

Post August 27th, 2008, 4:14 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Hmm, I quite like the new layout!
The turnaround kicks a$$! I love, how it's low to the ground for a change.
B&M should think about using that, lol.
The diving hill looks quite good too! Considering how hard it is to make one perfect with FVDs...

Post August 27th, 2008, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
Wow that looks nice man, much better then before, and The layout is just amazing.

Post August 27th, 2008, 10:02 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Line up the last hill that you are building now with the 1st...

Well, thats what i would do. Up to you Jake :P

Post August 27th, 2008, 12:41 pm

^It looks like he's going to expand. If it were lined up with the first hill, it would head straight for the station and end up a 40 second ride.

For once, you did a color scheme right! Yay! I love it. It would be the sweetest thing to see a b&m hyper with this scheme in real life.

Also, I diggin' that turn before the half-finished camelback.

Post August 27th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I don't really like the two turns side by side like that. I don't know why it just seems weird. Maybe it'll be better when i ride it.

Post August 27th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i39836

Aux Contraire, I really like that. How did you keep those lats under control? jealous...
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area