Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Wicked Cyclone
43%
Twisted Colossus
41%
Both
15%

Total votes : 46

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
The second lift completely throws off the thrill of the ride. THEN, you have to possibly sit there waiting for the other train because the ride ops are taking their sweet ass time. WC is constantly going, you don't stop, you don't slow down, you're going strong til the end.

Taller does not mean better.

3 Inversions on WC as opposed to TC's 2 inversions. Do you know how awesome Outward facing airtime hills are? That's got to be my favorite element on any coaster. WC's is amplified too. TC is a 2 trick pony, and WC is a bat out of hell.

In my opinion TC has a pretty boring layout.

Also: The Inversion with a train below it

been there. Done that.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
TC has the outward facing airtime hill too.
Taller doesn't mean better, but a steeper drop, twice, means better.
TC plays with the other train, it's not just flybys. How TC interacts with the other train is unique, they didn't reinvent the wheel, but come give them some credit.
It's an RMC, so at no point does the coaster feel like nascar. Come on, it's RMC.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Wicked Cyclone is the better ride no contest. It has a better drop, much better elements, more airtime and ridiculous pacing. Twisted colossus on the other hand has a couple of airtime hills couple of repetitive inversions and the worst pacing of any thrilling ride in the last 10 years. You're gonna just stop on the lift hill for a while for the other train to show up. And there's no way it will duel in two years, if Universal can't do it, Magic Mountain can't. simple as that. Plus Alan Shilke himself said Wicked Cyclone was better so.... there's that too.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Wicked Cyclone has a great layout. Twisted Colossus has a great layout--because you get to go through it twice. It's an awesome concept. I've always wanted to do that. Thus I, personally, am more excited for Twisted Colossus.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I will be able to ride both this summer!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
The second lift completely throws off the thrill of the ride. THEN, you have to possibly sit there waiting for the other train because the ride ops are taking their sweet ass time. WC is constantly going, you don't stop, you don't slow down, you're going strong til the end.

Taller does not mean better.

3 Inversions on WC as opposed to TC's 2 inversions. Do you know how awesome Outward facing airtime hills are? That's got to be my favorite element on any coaster. WC's is amplified too. TC is a 2 trick pony, and WC is a bat out of hell.

In my opinion TC has a pretty boring layout.

Also: The Inversion with a train below it

been there. Done that.

Sorry, but this is a really dumb comparison.

I've been there, and done all of the B&M elements going into their 2015 coasters. Does that mean I shouldn't be excited by 325 or Thunderbird?

There is nothing really new or innovative on ANY the new coasters opening this year (including Wicked Cyclone), and yet they still look solid, fun coasters.

Wicked Cyclone: New Texas Giant meets Mexico's Medusa. Having ridden both, I can honestly say this ride will be quite awesome. Relentless, intense and my pick for top ride of 2015.

Twisted Colossus: More akin to SFGAm's Goliath, but you get to go around twice, so that you race the people in line in front of you, and behind you. That may sound repetitive to some, but awesome to me as I'm a sucker for racing coasters. Pacing will be an issue, as it is on most coasters with two lifts. But this ride will have some amazing visuals and forces.

So I really don't get all the negativity, these new RMCs look great, and anything but boring.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Manic Monte wrote:

Sorry, but this is a really dumb comparison.

I've been there, and done all of the B&M elements going into their 2015 coasters. Does that mean I shouldn't be excited by 325 or Thunderbird?

There is nothing really new or innovative on ANY the new coasters opening this year (including Wicked Cyclone), and yet they still look fun.

Dude... wat?

Nothing new or Innovative? There's something special about each coaster that's opening this year.

Fury 325 - It is THE tallest Giga Coaster in the world. It's the tallest coaster without a launch. That's pretty crazy to think that B&M has finally started coming out of their comfort zone. 325 feet today, who knows, 425 feet tomorrow! It's a gateway to other things. I think it also has the best color scheme of the 2015 projects.

Thunderbird - Don't get me started. In case you didn't know Holiday World is a relatively small park compared to the other parks, for them to start their steel journey with the First B&M Launch (LSM), is pretty astounding. Also, the worlds tallest Vertical Loop on a Wing Coaster is awesome, and a great record to hold. I personally think that the Loop is the best element on any of the wing coasters, Wild Eagle's is insane and I love every second of it. It's nice to have it at my home park and a larger one, where I can look at the ground when I'm at the top of the loop and just go crazy for a second that there's nothing above or below me. Also, B&M putting a launch on a Wing Coaster? How is that not new or innovative? They had to construct an alternate train assembly for it so that it could launch.

Twisted Colossus - It's a dueling RMC Hybrid. The Zero G stall is insane on this one. But the fact that it interlocks doesn't mean I have to think it's better than WC.

Wicked Cyclone - 200 degree stall looks incredible. It's obviously a variation on the zero g stall, but that extra 20 degrees could give it a little more bite and chaotic feeling than the Zero g.

Batman: The Ride - It may seem like a zacspin, but after listening to Alan Schilke talk about it, you can really tell it's a unique experience. You will get the spin every time. as opposed to Intamins sluggish version.

Also we're talking about Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone, and I just want to say,

Even Alan Schilke (The guy who designed them both.) likes Wicked Cyclone better.

And that's Alan Schilke's opinion. That doesn't affect the outcome of the results. Some of us have opinions that we are more preferential of Twisted Colossus.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Each ride has it flaws in my opinion wicked clyone the paint job and the catwalk but has a great layout for it and TC has a boring layout it doesn't do much as of against WC.TC has a great colors and a great high five but it needs to be longer with more elements.I might be a little Biased since I'm from NE but I think WC will be a better ride even thought I hate the catwalk and colors and I love catwalks.TC could just use more stuff but WC has every thing a RMC coaster needs a great layout in a small area so my vote goes to WC due to that would probably be my first RMC coaster and it's my ex home park

tiepilot35 wrote:
And that's Alan Schilke's opinion. That doesn't affect the outcome of the results. Some of us have opinions that we are more preferential of Twisted Colossus.

Thank you. Besides, even if Cyclone ends up being the better ride overall, that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the fuq out of a Twisted Colossus.

iron Rattler is my personal favorite RMC. My friend prefers Medusa. Big deal. Ultimately we agree all of the RMCs are awesome.

- never met a 80 degree drop I didn't love. Colossus has two.
- never met an RMC inversion that wasn't amazing, Colossus has them.
- never met am RMC airtime hill that didn't deliver forces. Colossus has several.

I don't care what people think, this ride looks awesome. And it goes without saying Cyclone will slay. I will ride both this year!
Last edited by Manic Monte on February 1st, 2015, 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I never said I hated TC, but it's obvious that WC has a better layout.

Paradox User avatar

What have I started...?
Last edited by Paradox on February 1st, 2015, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
- never met am RMC airtime hill that didn't deliver forces. Colossus has several.

-Wicked Cyclone has one, Woo!
-Wicked Cyclone has Several as well.
-Wicked Cyclone has 14 Negative G Air Time Hills
-Wicked Cyclone actually takes a classic wooden layout and updates it in a manly fashion.. Where TC Completely destroys half of its original layout.

Now lets think about something here.
Wicked Cyclone - 3,320 ft
Twisted Colossus - 4,990 ft
Track Difference - 1670 ft. Now lets scrap out all the ft from parts of the ride that don't mean much, such as the lift hills, and Prelift section to some of you (People who care for it). You could say that they are not much longer than one another. Such as Twisted Colossus has a long layout, but its split in thirds, 2/3 of it is actual ride time, 1/3 is the Lift Hills and Prelift. WC Has a turnaround to a lift, the rest is pure thrill. You can easily tell here that Wicked Cyclone has a longer layout than Twisted Colossus, or rather more ride time in one sitting. Sure it may be cool to go through the same track twice, but going through one track for a long amount of time in my opinion is better. I don't know, maybe this whole paragraph is gibberish, but I am still down to believe that WC is better.

mrcrolly wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:

-Wicked Cyclone actually takes a classic wooden layout and updates it in a manly fashion.. Where TC Completely destroys half of its original layout.

Track Difference - 1670 ft. Now lets scrap out all the ft from parts of the ride that don't mean much, such as the lift hills, and Prelift section to some of you (People who care for it). You could say that they are not much longer than one another. Such as Twisted Colossus has a long layout, but its split in thirds, 2/3 of it is actual ride time, 1/3 is the Lift Hills and Prelift. WC Has a turnaround to a lift, the rest is pure thrill. You can easily tell here that Wicked Cyclone has a longer layout than Twisted Colossus, or rather more ride time in one sitting. Sure it may be cool to go through the same track twice, but going through one track for a long amount of time in my opinion is better. I don't know, maybe this whole paragraph is gibberish, but I am still down to believe that WC is better.

I'm not sure I disagree with a lot of what you say here.

My point was simply that declaring Wicked Cyclone the winner overall, does not warrant bashing Twisted Colossus, which is what I've seen a few people do here. It's still going to be a great ride in it's own right. They're both RMCs, and they do not disappoint imo, I've been on all of them so far (I'm obsessed). This is coming off more like a turf war, which is silly.

It's a matter of preference. Personally, I think I'm going to LOVE pulling up next to a new train of riders on the lift hill, and then falling at 80 degrees with people not knowing what they're in for.

There is so much more to riding a roller coaster than just it's hardcore specs.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Manic Monte wrote:
mrcrolly wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:

I'm not sure I disagree with a lot of what you say here.

My point was simply that declaring Wicked Cyclone the winner overall, does not warrant bashing Twisted Colossus, which is what I've seen a few people do here. It's still going to be a great ride in it's own right. They're both RMCs, and they do not disappoint imo, I've been on all of them so far (I'm obsessed). This is coming off more like a turf war, which is silly.

It's a matter of preference. Personally, I think I'm going to LOVE pulling up next to a new train of riders on the lift hill, and then falling at 80 degrees with people not knowing what they're in for.

There is so much more to riding a roller coaster than just it's hardcore specs.

I know I just like to fight for my opinions because this is america.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Wicked Cyclone for sure because it simply looks incredible. There will not be a dull moment on this ride. Every part of the layout is used to its advantage. I probably won't get to ride it anytime soon, but I seriously wish I could.

However, I can't believe some of you think Twisted Colossus looks boring. Even if it wont be as good as the other RMCs, it will still be an amazing ride, and probably the new best coaster at Magic Mountain.

We also need to keep in mind that SFMM ordered TC to be specifically laid out as it is, under a specific budget, achieving specific goals. Alan and the team did what they could with the dueling racing concept. Not that this affects the outcome of which is better, I'm just stating as to add to the conversation.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This is how I imagine Rickrollercoaster

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

GerstlCrazy wrote:
This is how I imagine Rickrollercoaster

Likewise.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I preferred TC at first but now that I've seen what they both look like in real life and not just a rendering, it's obvious that WC is absolutely monstrous for it's size. I don't feel like typing an entire paragraph so I'll leave it at that. Maybe Ill continue this post later.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

TTD03 wrote:
I'm just saying I like TC better cause of the length...

Size doesn't matter.

Stop the impossible standards. All rollercoasters are beautiful.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

"I like longer coasters over better and more faster paced coasters."

tis a joke. don't get yer jimmies rustled.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!