Board index Public Relations Contests 2006 NL Tournament (Round 1) - RESULTS pg 58

2006 NL Tournament (Round 1) - RESULTS pg 58

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 3:30 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
um, I have a late first class tomorrow so I'm not *too* worried about it, but...within "which" hour? lol. Not rushing, just wondering so I can plot my next move... :)

Post March 22nd, 2006, 3:55 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2006, 4:06 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Okay, my time estimation was a little off again. Settling the ties took a lot longer than I thought it would. I had to break a 3-way tie between Real, Thorazine, and Myriad, and 2-way ties between Matt and MF2001, and Jakizle and Iron Man.

Now, I'm making the pairings list, and then I have to convert all of the Word files into a post. Shouldn't take too much longer...

Post March 22nd, 2006, 4:07 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Greeaaattt...Im always the center of controversy in an adverse manner. :P

Post March 22nd, 2006, 4:15 am

Post March 22nd, 2006, 4:50 am
cjd

Okay... Everything's done. I'm uploading the ratings now. Should be all up in about 5-10 minutes.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 4:55 am

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:04 am
cjd

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:05 am

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:06 am
cjd

lol, it's too big. I'll have to split it up into 2 posts.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:07 am

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:08 am

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:08 am
cjd

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Ratings are ordered alphebetically, by member name. All ties not mentioned in the ratings were broken by adrenaline and originality. Here we go...

?????????Babylon????????? ????????? (bigbadben1000)

This track wasn't bad????????? It had decent adrenaline and acceptable technical scores. Overall, a slightly above average effort. Keep working on learning the ropes of NL, and I believe that you could produce some great coasters in the future.

Technical:
For a hand-shaped track, this was pretty good. There was some noticeable pumping throughout the course, as well as a several vertex bumps, but they were not a huge discomfort because the track was relatively fluid in motion through them. So, about a 7/10 in the shaping????????? slightly above average. Then, there was the major problem????????? undercarriage support hits. In the first turn after the big drop, there were 3 separate times where the coaster?????????s supports smacked right into the train?????????s upstop wheels. In real life, this would severely damage the coaster, and cause it to suddenly stop or even derail. Be more careful with your flat supports next time. Also, one last minor gripe was that there were 5.4 g?????????s in the back seat coming out of your inclined loop-type element. E-stop passed, ride capacity was incredible, and I was amazed how well you handled 4-train operation. It did cause some slightly unrealistic loading and unloading precision (the train had about a 5 second window to leave and keep the train timing perfect), but no deduction for that. So, overall your score represents about a 7/10 on the shaping side, and 1.5 off for the undercarriage collisions and the g spike.

Adrenaline:
It wasn't bad, but there wasn't a lot to be too thrilled about. The drop and the latticed overpasses were well done, but the track?????????s pacing was way out of whack. It was tall and fast, but it never really felt that way. The speed never seemed to be there. This is probably because most of your elements had a stop-start pace to them. The elevated turns had drawn out lead-ins, which made them feel very slow, and the g force graph looked more like a heart monitor because you had sudden g spikes around 5, but virtually no sustained high g?????????s. Most of the time, the g forces through the elements were around 1-2, which again took away from the feeling of being fast and wild and out of control. The speed really felt dead on the last bit before the MCBR????????? the loop thing was very cool but it was only taken at 19mph. The turns leading up to it had drawn out lead-ins, and the turns themselves were too high up in the air to feel like they were going fast. I would recommend using more ground-hugging turns next time. A good ground turn taken at 3-4 g?????????s is a great sensation of speed. One other gripe that I have is that there was very little floater airtime. Most of your airtime was short bursts of ejector. Try to mix it up just a bit more. My last complaint is that over 80% of the ride is over before the MCBR. To truly give a sensation of insanity to your guests, you need to save the best stuff for last. The whole of the track after the brake run was lagging and too short. Therefore, I got off the coaster with a negative impression. Overall, just do some research and try to give a better sensation of speed. Use more ground turns rather than elevated turns, and use some more airtime hills. Oh, and one more thing????????? did you really need all of those tunnels? It just seemed a bit excessive to me. The latticed headchoppers can stay, though [;)]????????? those were really cool.

Originality:
This is the one area where your coaster was wonderful! You navigated the template like no other, and the track was very unpredictable. I loved the loop thing, and it came as a nice surprise, and I'll mention it again that I loved the latticed headchoppers. The supports were nice, and you also get a bonus for the lift mechanisms. So, why not a higher score? Pacing. The key to a good B&M is fast pacing, because they are usually not the most original. This one made up for it in the element and layout departments, but the speed and intensity were just not there.

Technical: 5.5 Adrenaline: 6.0 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 6.67 Result: 20th

?????????Highway Flyer????????? ????????? (Blader3595)

This track was very lackluster. The pacing was absolutely crawling, and the technical aspects were slightly lacking as well. Also, the track was very straightforward in layout. It was just an overall below average ride. It needed a lot more planning and tweaking. Try to study some more, and I hope you will try again in the future.

Technical:
From the banking transition style, I'm guessing that you are somewhat new to NL, so I'll try to be as informative as possible. The banking transition style seemed more like an arrow coaster than a B&M. There was no heartlining, and there were several places where straight pieces of track were banked. The way you did it was by banking the track before the coaster entered the turn, and letting it level out after the turn was already over. If you look at on-ride videos of coasters, this is not how they bank. Real coasters increase their banking as the radius of the turn tightens, and the banking does not begin until the track begins to turn. The problem with the way you did it is that there were hanging lateral g?????????s on straight pieces of track at the end of turns, and the g?????????s shifted very rapidly from one side to the other coming in to the turns. Ideally, your lateral g?????????s should be as close to zero as possible throughout the course. In addition to the shaping problem, there were quite a few pumps and bumps all throughout the ride. Also, There was an undercarriage support hit at the ride?????????s beginning, but it was with the contest template (which is not a real support), so I'm ignoring it. A real issue????????? you need to check your g forces not just in front, but also in the back. There was a g spike of -1.7 on the second hill, and -2.0 near the midcourse brake run. Those would hurt. E-stop passed, tunnel test was fine, stacking was minimal, and the ride capacity was good. So, overall, not horrible but still needs a lot of work. Technical is not really what hurt you.

Adrenaline:
This is where you really lost a lot of points. The end of the coaster just felt dead. The first drop was very good, and the big air hill was fine also. The speed through the first turn was a little slow, about 20, and the double helix was just a touch slow. The next few elements, however, were great. There was good airtime, a nice sensation of speed, and I liked the turn after the MCBR very much. But then, there was the return trip to the station????????? it stunk. The last 3 hills had no airtime, positive g?????????s of only 1.5, and it felt like the coaster was crawling. The speed was awful. Next time, try to either conserve more speed for the end, or make the hills tighter for better sensation of speed. An excellent coaster saves some of the best stuff for last, and leaves the guests pumped full of adrenaline. This coaster started thrilling, but I wanted off when it came into the last run of hills. More speed!

Originality:
There were no original elements, and the layout was very straightforward B&M style, so the key here is the ride?????????s pacing. Unfortunately, your pacing was really flat. So with no original elements, a standard layout, and flat pacing, you can imagine that this score is very low. Your saving grace is that you made a custom station. That, combined with the modest custom support work, gave you a bit extra.

Technical: 4.0 Adrenaline: 3.5 Originality: 3.5 Overall: 3.67 Result: 27th

?????????Tidal Wave????????? ????????? (coasterguy77)

Well, this coaster wasn't bad????????? but it wasn't good either. Everything felt very average about it. The speed didn't quite get going, there were some technical problems, and the originality was average.

Technical:
This coaster had the same shaping problems as Blader?????????s track, but to a lesser degree. The banking was dragged out into the straight portions of the track, where it really needs to be over as close to the end of the turn as possible. You had a few moments where the train was hanging the guests over on their sides, most noticeably in the overbanked turn. There was a whole lot of bumping and pumping through the entire track length, which combined with the shaping to lose you several points. Everything else was fine, though. No collisions, e-stop passed, no g spikes, and no contest violations. All of the points you lost were because of shaping.

Adrenaline:
Above average. The speed sensation was pretty good, in the beginning especially. My biggest gripe is that there were lots of generally flat sections between elements, which negated the sensations of being out-of control. It felt a little too safe????????? some elements with good adrenaline linked by a lot of slow lead-ins. Try to fit the elements closer together, with the ground or some scenery whizzing by to enhance this feeling. The way it is right now, the ride had a dying-off pace to it. It got a slower feel to it at the end, while it really needs to knock your socks off from lift to brakes to make it feel insane. Still, this was a decent coaster. The pacing was just a little off because the beginning was so much better than the end.

Originality:
Not much to speak for here. You had a standard layout, mediocre pacing, and no truly original elements or scenery to back it up. You did at least make an attempt to break up the layout, with the turn combinations and the double-down near the end, but it wasn't quite enough for a good score here. Again, yours was about average. Just try to think more out-of-the-box. Toss in some unique elements, break up the layout with more variations, and kick the speed up a notch. You did, however, get a bonus for the custom supports. I liked them. Well, that's about it. About an average coaster.

Technical: 5.0 Adrenaline: 6.5 Originality: 4.5 Overall: 5.33 Result: 23rd

?????????Oxygen????????? ????????? (coasterteddy)

Awesome track! Very adrenalistic. This was one of my favorite tracks in the whole round. The adrenaline was wonderful, and there was good originality and decent technical to back it up. A solid track. The pacing was awesome! I loved it. Good job on this ride, and good luck in future rounds. Welcome to Round 2!

Technical:
I'll get the bad news out of the way quickly, so that I can move on to the adrenaline. The only bad part of this track is that it was very rough. There were bumps all over the place, and some pumping. Some of the banking transitions were very abrupt, and you definitely needed to spend some more time on smoothing. The good part? That was the only technical problem. E-stop passed, no collisions, great station timing, no g spikes, heartlining was done right, and no rules were broken. So, you get a medium-high score in this department. Luckily, the adrenaline really made up for it.

Adrenaline:
WOW! I loved it! I was amazed at the sensation of speed in the twisted section. You were thrown from one element to another at blazing speed, and complete unpredictability. The airtime was always there, which I love. The first drop was great, and the spiral drop off the MCBR was amazing, especially in the back. Airtime, speed, nonstop out-of-control feeling, what more could you ask for? The only spot that I saw any hint of lag in was the finale. The last 3 air hills were just a tick on the slow side. Aside from that, I have no gripes whatsoever. Superior! I'm amazed that you had such great pacing with 9-car trains.

Originality:
The originality of this track was not in the actual elements, but in the sequencing and pacing. I was amazed at how much airtime you were able to throw in to the track, while still maintaining the constant unpredictability of the fast turns. Plus, I LOVED the burst of lateral air in the second hill????????? my favorite ride experience. I mentioned above that I also loved the tight, intense dive off of the midcourse brakes, as well as the other spiral drops. This thing never lost its kick from start to finish, and everything seemed highly unpredictable which made it seem very original. Again, the only lag was in the finale. To have all those fast turns and air mixed up, and then suddenly have 3 straight hills in a row seemed like a strange break in the pacing. Still, this was an absolutely wonderful job. Bravo!

Technical: 7.5 Adrenaline: 9.5 Originality: 9.0 Overall: 8.67 Result: 5th

?????????High Heat????????? ????????? (dcs221)

This track was smooth and technically wonderful, but it was rather slow. Good track work, but somewhat lacking in the thrill department. Still, it has easily made it on finesse alone. This ended up being in the top ten despite the slightly low adrenaline score.

Technical:
This was nearly flawless. There were one or two tiny, tiny bumps (and I mean tiny?????????), which cost you the smallest possible portion of a point. E-stop passed, tunnel test passed, train timing and ride capacity were great, no support hits, and everything checked out contest-wise. Great job.

Adrenaline:
This is where the coaster just falls slightly short. The speed was prodding at several parts of the coaster, most noticeably in the first half. There were some good elements, but the lead-ins and overall build made it feel slow. The primary reason for this is that the g forces were controlled a little too well????????? everything was mostly under 3 g?????????s. Also, most of the hills were floater airtime of around -.2. This is good, but not always the greatest for generating a sensation of speed, intensity and out-of-controlled ness. This track felt kind of predictable and programmed because the g?????????s weren't high. It never felt like it was going fast, aside from the short bit after the MCBR, and always felt somewhat controlled and safe. For true thrills, you needed to use some higher g forces and less predictable hills????????? mix in some quick, intense bursts of ejector air, some 4 g or so ground turns, and unexpected direction changes and drops. This is what truly adds sensation of speed. The actual speed dropped down under 30 mph twice, in the helix and the entrance to the turnaround, and they had only 2 g?????????s to add to it. It felt slow. The pacing, however, was not bad. The speed was better in the end, and I think that the best part was the first hill and tight banked low hill-turn after the MCBR, which was really fun. So, overall, you get an above average score here.

Originality:
There was one nice original element????????? the 90 degree camelback. I liked that. The pacing, as I already mentioned, was decent but not great. Since you only had one original element, sequencing and pacing were the primary factors. The hill sequence was nice near the end, because it wasn't repetitive. You had a bigger hill, a ?????????pop????????? type of hill, and a double-up. Nice variety there. The sequencing of the whole ride was almost never repetitive, although the g force sensations often were. It seemed that every hill had -.2 airtime, and 3-3.5 positive. I would have liked a better variety of g force sensations. The custom supports were VERY nice, so a bonus there. Overall, the originality wasn't bad. There wasn't anything too exceptionally original, but it was still well done for what you had.

Technical: 9.5 Adrenaline: 7.0 Originality: 8.0 Overall: 8.17 Result: 11th

?????????Maverick????????? ????????? (delousedcoma)

This track was pretty good. The technical was very clean. The adrenaline was somewhat lacking, but it was still decent. Overall, not a bad effort.

Technical:
For a non-AGH?????????ed track with sparse vertex placement, the smoothness and shaping was exceptional. The bumps and pumps were very minimal, and did not take away from the ride at all. There were no g problems. E-stop, train timing, and stacking were naturally fine because you were only running 2 trains. However, the ride capacity was very close to the lower limit, at only about 1350 per hour. Still, a very high score here.

Adrenaline:
The adrenaline wasn't bad, but it didn't really ?????????wow????????? me. The pace felt kind of slow. In the first half, the problem was that the lead-ins to all the elements were a bit too big. The track spent a bit too long going into the elements. In the end, the problem was that it was a little too controlled. The g forces in the last run of hills were no higher than 3-3.5, and there was pretty much no ejector air, and no fast turns either. The speed wasn't bad by any means, but the track?????????s shaping made it feel like it was going a lot slower than it really was. Try to make the coaster feel a bit more out-of-control rather than fast but very controlled. As I have mentioned several times above, try to break up the layout with some fast ground-hugging turns, and mix in some ejector air as well. This will greatly help to make you feel like you?????????re going more out-of-control. The pacing wasn't too bad, though. The speed was maintained through the entire track. I would have liked a bit more acceleration and wildness through the end, but what you had was okay. The score is slightly above average.

Originality:
The sequencing in the first half was good. I liked what you did with the drop, the first hill/turn thing, and the following pop of air and big air hill. That was a good variety. The rising helix leading into the MCBR was where the ride lost its kick and its unpredictability. The track was really dragging, and was horribly predictable coming back on the run of hills into the station. The sensation of speed and randomness was gone. In the original element department, you had the twisting thing in the first drop. I liked the way you did it????????? it let the drop do something different, while still giving a nice sensation of plunging from big heights. Aside from that, the turn and hill sequence was nothing much different. Your custom station, however basic it was, did give you some points. Also, you did a very good job making the coaster look like it was in the middle of a forest, with the rocks scattered throughout the ride and the dense layer of pines. Custom supports added. Also, even though I don't know why they were there, the cows added a bit more. Overall in this area, the scenery and decent pacing plus the nice sequence in the first half (but not the second) gave you a decent score here.

Technical: 9.0 Adrenaline: 7.0 Originality: 7.0 Overall: 7.67 Result: 14th

?????????Superman????????? ????????? (Dragon Fly)

After further analysis of your road clearance intrusion, the final verdict is disqualification. There were several supports that were only 12 feet above the road, which would destroy passing trucks. The coaster itself wasn't too bad, but there were some quite prevalent problems.

Technical:
First off, there was pumping everywhere. This seemed to be just a result of lack of time????????? it seemed like a few semi-smoothed vertexes were run through the AHG and you called it done. There was pumping everywhere except the helixes, and there were also a lot of slamming bumps when the banking changed direction and also coming in and out of the hills. G forces changed very abruptly, most noticeably in the final hills and the air pop just after the drop. Just a bunch of bumps and pumps all over the place, which cost you 3 points. Then, there was a much more important problem????????? E-Stop failed in 2 different ways. The first way that the e-stop failed is that the first set of brakes does not have a high enough g force setting to stop the train before it passes the segment completely. This causes the train that is on the circuit to fly straight through the brake run and hit the train that is waiting to get in the station. The second way that e-stop failed is that the dummy block on the top of the lift allows 2 trains to be on the circuit at the same time. When e-stop is activated then, the second train on the circuit crashes into the first one when they both stop. Currently, this coaster is only safe for 2 trains, not 4. Another thing is that there are only 3 brake runs at the end of the ride, even though you have 4 trains. When the ride starts, and therefore where the trains would end at the end of the day, there is a train on top of the lift. This is not safe. Next time, make sure that there is at least one block at the end of the ride to hold each train. Another issue was the first drop. The top was too pointy, and it created yellow negative g?????????s of -1.8 in the back seat. The limit is 1.5. Also, there was a verytical g of about 5.5 in one of the overbanked turns. Finally, the supports on the first 2 hills in the camelback sequence were very questionable????????? there were no lateral supports for almost 300 feet of track, with two parts 80 feet in the air. It is very close, so no deduction, but you might want to look into it in the future. Well, that's about it in this category. There were lots of problems here, so you got a low score.

Adrenaline:
Not bad, but far from exceptional. Did you have to do the twisting thing in the first drop? IMO, the best part of a hyper-coaster is the incredible anticipation and giant plunge off the lift. The twisting took a lot of this away. This is just a personal preference, but I'm sure that the majority of the coaster-riding population shares this sentiment. Other than that, this coaster was 3-sided. The pre-lift was a nice surprise, and I enjoyed having some airtime before the lift. That was fun. Then, things changed drastically. The beginning of the post-lift ride seemed to have turn after turn after turn, while the end was hill after hill after hill. I was definitely not a fan of having FIVE overbanked turns in a row. They got repetitive very quickly, and the ones near the end only had g?????????s around 2, which is not intense enough. Plus, you used up most of the coaster?????????s speed in these turns. I would much rather have seen the signature gigantic floater air hill. All the airtime you had was the fast and ejector style. Probably the single greatest experiences on hyper-coasters are the drops and the massive floater air. Your coaster had neither, and it lead to an overall feel of mediocrity to me. The helixes, especially the one at the end, were taken way too slow. If your double helixes don't have at least 3 g?????????s through them, they are too slow IMO. Both of yours had entrances closer to 1.5 g?????????s, and they felt VERY slow. Negatives out of the way, I really enjoyed the run of hills going under the lift supports as well as the first overbanked turn. (It was the fourth, and fifth as a whole that I didn't like.) There was good speed through the first few turns, but everything after that just felt a little too slow. Throw some more normal hills in the beginning, and more twists in the end.

Originality:
First, even though there is no deduction for it, I really wish you would call it something besides ?????????Superman?????????, as that name has been used about a million times. Second off, I did not really like the supports on the lift. They didn't look very good, and would cost a fortune to build. Their only plus is that they really made the final run of hills unique. Still, you could have done the same thing with much fewer and nicer looking supports. The track itself was somewhat original. The kinks in the first drop were original, even though I personally didn't like its effect, and I liked the ?????????mini zero g roll????????? near the end. Aside from that, there was not much positive. All the hills felt exactly the same, and the sequencing was very repetitive. The fist set of overbanked turns got repetitive, and the pacing was lackluster. You got some bonus points for the fog in the tunnel, the custom station, and the decent custom support work, but those bonuses just didn't cover up the flaws in the track.

Technical: 4.0 Adrenaline: 6.5 Originality: 7.0 Overall: 5.83 Result: DQ

?????????Zen????????? ????????? (drummerkid)

It kills me to have to disqualify this track, because it was AWESOME! (possibly the best track in the whole round) But, unfortunately, there were 3 rules violations. The station building went out of the template, a piece of track on the return trip also went out of the template, and the supports in the spiral were only 10 feet above the road. The track is disqualified. The technical, adrenaline, and originality were wonderful, though.

Technical:
There were a few problems here. First, and most importantly, there were yellow negative g?????????s, close to red, of -1.9 in the back seat coming off of the MCBR. This is a serious safety hazard. It would really hurt. Second, the track had several places with pumping????????? most noticeably in the dropping double helix out over the road. There were also some bumps, and the shaping in the turn after the dropping double helix was banked too much (guests were hanging out the side, with .9 lats to the inside of the turn). Aside from that, not bad. The shaping was generally very good aside from the areas I mentioned above. E-stop and tunnel test were good. One other problem????????? too many trains. You could have achieved the exact same ride capacity with only 4 trains. Having 3 trains waiting to get into the loading station was unnecessary. The only reason that stacking wasn't technically a problem is because all the stacking occurs after the riders have already exited the ride. Still, the 5th train was a bit too much. It was just money that the park didn't need to spend.

Adrenaline:
WOW! AMAZING! The only place on the entire ride that lagged for even a second was the apex of the diving double helix out over the road. Everything else was fast, intense, unpredictable, and simply amazing. The pacing was maintained pretty much through the entire track. I would have liked just a touch more of a finale, but I can't really complain. Wonderful work.

Originality:
Of all the tracks submitted, this one had the best originality by far. Everything was there with this coaster????????? the first drop was simply incredible. I usually don't like non-straight drops, but this one worked incredibly well. I loved it! Then, there were the nice banking transitions in the hills. They added a twist to them without sacrificing any of the airtime. That?????????s another thing here????????? the airtime was wicked! There was so much, so intense, and mixed in so well. I really don't have any complaints here. The sequencing was amazingly unpredictable, and there were just enough original element variations to keep it that way. Bonus for custom supports, even though a few of them were a bit too wide IMO, such as in the first big airtime hill and in the final run of hills under the lift.

Technical: 8.0 Adrenaline: 9.0 Originality: 9.5 Overall: 8.83 Result: DQ

?????????????????? - (EElover2)

This un-named track is disqualified for 3 reasons. 1, the track went out of the template in the northwest corner. 2, there was a support that was only 5 feet above the road. 3, there was a piece of track that was only 7 feet above the road. The track wasn't that good anyway, so even if you weren't DQ?????????ed, you still wouldn't have made it.

Technical:
The shape of the banking transitions wasn't bad????????? you've got the basic idea. There were plenty of bumps and pumps, but that isn't where you lost most of your points. There were several severe technical problems. 1, E-stop failed. The way you have the final brakes set, the decelerating LIMs don't stop the train in time, and it crashes right through the final brake run and into the train waiting in the station. I recommend just using a normal brake run next time. Plus, even if the LIM did its job under e-stop, it would still fail because your blocksegment before the station was too small to stop the train. 2, your track was severely under-supported. A large portion of track on the lift was supported only by the actual chain mechanism. It is designed to guide the train, not hold up the weight of a 2-ton coaster train. Around the road is where it was at its worst, though. The loop had over 230 feet of track with no supports at all. There were no supports for 135 feet, and then for 155 feet, coming into the double helix, on track pieces with almost 4 g?????????s on them. That?????????s very bad. After the double helix, there was another 140 ft with no supports. The L-shaped supports coming out of the loop were too thin for their shape and the g?????????s in that segment????????? they would not hold so much weight. Then, there was the diving loop????????? a whopping 285 feet was completely unsupported. That section would fall for sure, even without the 2+ ton train coming through it. Then, there was another 155 feet of unsupported track after the dive loop. Again, that is very bad. 3, there were 6 major support collisions. 3 separate supports ran straight through the upstop wheels, which would cause the coaster to derail, severely damage itself, or come to an instant stop and whiplash the riders. Plus, there were 3 supports that intruded into the guests????????? hand space. Someone would eventually lose an arm on this ride. 4, the turn after the decelerating LIMs was too sharp. The B&M hyper train is not designed for such sharp turns, as the train?????????s rows would run into each other, and stop suddenly. 5, there was stalling. The second train stopped on top of the lift for a good 30 seconds waiting for the first one to return to the station. Work on your station timing next time. Also, since you only had 2 trains with 7 cars, your capacity was only 1280 per hour. That is very close to the minimum, and it might create some wait time problems. 6, there were not enough brake segments to house the trains. Since the final LIM section only slows the train down, and the final brake segment is too small to stop the train at all, it is impossible for this coaster to come to a stop. Once it's in motion, it's stuck that way because there is no stopping place for the train at the end of the ride. Well, that's the list. Needless to say, your score is very low.

Adrenaline:
Not too bad. The speed was mostly good through the course, and there was a good combination of forces. Even though inversions aren?????????t usually for hypers, I think they worked okay here. They were mixed in fairly well, so I don't think they took anything away from the ride. My only gripe is that they were taken rather slowly, as was the elevated turn after the dive loop. The coaster didn't really feel out-of-control, but it was okay. The finale had some good adrenaline. Just try to tighten some of the bigger stuff up, and change the banking in the turns a bit faster to amp up the craziness. Also, try to alter your hill structure so that you have less of a lead-in and more of the airtime.

Originality:
The inversions were original for a hyper, even though they didn't really add much. Aside from that, there was really not much to talk about. The other parts were standard, and the track had only moderate pacing. Sequence wise, it was well done. Everything was mixed in pretty well. Well, not much else to say. This would have been a decent track if it weren't for all of the horrible technical problems. Just try to be more careful next time. And could you please give it a name?

Technical: 2.0 Adrenaline: 6.0 Originality: 7.0 Overall: 5.0 Result: DQ

?????????Shooting Star????????? ????????? (gazag)

This was a very good track. The adrenaline and originality were very good, and it was mostly technically sound as well. Unfortunately, it has been disqualified because the track height was over 250 feet. Another tragic disqualification????????? this track was definitely good enough to make it.

Technical:
There were 3 moments of g-forces out of limits????????? 1.6 lats coming down the big drop in the back seat, 5.4 vertical coming into the first air hill, and -1.8 coming down the first air hill. Also, there were several elements with a touch too much banking, which caused guests to be pushed to the inside of the turn. There were a lot of bumps and pumps, but it wasn't too bad. There was one major problem????????? the turn between the last brake run and the station was too tight for the B&M hyper train. The edges of the cars ran into each-other going through it, and the train would get stuck in real life. Still, it was a good job overall.

Adrenaline:
The adrenaline was very good. The sensation of speed was always there, and the pacing kept up from start to finish. My biggest gripe is that due to the launch and the curved drop, there was very little anticipation. I never really felt the coaster?????????s height. It wasn't insane like a couple of the other tracks, but it was indeed very good. You get a very high score here. All I ask for next time is either a lift or a straight drop, and just a touch more speed in the final run????????? as the speed in the very end tapered off a bit.

Originality:
You were the only one who went for a launch, so props for that. I would have liked a better sensation of height and danger, but that's just me. The sequencing on this track was very good. Everything was spaced well, and the pacing was sustained all the way until the last couple of turns. My only gripe is that there was just a bit too much spinning around for my liking around the MCBR. Still, the ride then kicked right back into the more random pattern, so not a big deal. I liked the banked camelback near the end, and I LOVED your supports... they looked awesome!

Technical: 6.5 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 7.83 Result: DQ

?????????Sekhmet????????? ????????? (hyyyper)

I liked the theming on this coaster????????? it really helped to enhance it. The adrenaline was really lacking in the middle of the ride, though; technical was slightly below average; originality was very good. Nothing was fantastic, but nothing was really bad either. Just slightly above average overall.

Technical:
This ride was plagued by nasty pumping. The parts between elements were way too flat, and it made from some very distracting up-and-down pump motion throughout the ride. Mixed in with the pumps were some nasty bumps as well. Take a look at the entrance to the hill after the drop, and it's a perfect example. I think I know your problem????????? you were switching constantly from AHG to hand-shaped. This causes individual elements to be good, but the transitions between them to be very nasty with bumps and pumps. I recommend completely building your elements before you AHG anything. This lets you get rid of pumping while you still can. Removing pumps once the track has been heartlined is almost impossible. So, just plan ahead in the future. The big problem, however, was undercarriage support hits. There were ten of them. The problem was not with the supports themselves, but the phalanges. 6 of the phalanges on the lateral support tubes in the straight section before the lift collided with the upstop wheels. Then, in the loop, the fill-in supports had 2 phalanges on each side that ran through the underside of the track and into the brake fins. Collisions are bad????????? the train would stop dead or tear apart when hitting those. Aside from that, everything else was good. E-stop passed, train timing and ride capacity were exceptional, and you didn't break any contest rules. (thank goodness????????? I'm tired of issuing DQs.)

Adrenaline:
This coaster started great, with the wicked first drop, some nice air, and the absolutely incredible loop around the pyramid. Then, at the MCBR, the ride absolutely died for like 30 seconds. There were almost no g?????????s. There was a gigantic section with only 1 to 1.5 g?????????s. That?????????s horrible! The track was almost flat. The speed kicked up again near the end, with the last 3 hills, but that middle was just awful. It killed the ride. Your saving grace was that the beginning was really good, and the end was at least decent. A pause in the middle is fine as long as 1, it is brief, and 2, the coaster really kicks it up a notch afterward. Then, it is like a short breather that sets you up for the best part, and actually adds to the ride. Here, however, it was more like a runner giving up just before the finish line, stopping to breathe for 2 minutes, and then walking across. The point? More g?????????s. I would like to see some 4 g turns and intense hills saved for the end of the ride. You need to keep the speed up throughout the ride in order to achieve the correct feeling of insanity. Still, it wasn't bad. Aside from that flat spot in the middle, the speed was good.

Originality:
Good work on the theming. Also, this is a perfect example of an inversion properly placed in a hyper coaster. The loop around the pyramid was brilliant????????? my favorite part of the ride. Also, I loved the first drop????????? which is saying a lot since I'm usually a straight-drop purist. You and drummerkid have convinced me that the vertical spiral is also in incredible way to drop. Unfortunately, after the theme and the first 3 elements, the fun ends. The rest of the ride was kind of bleah. The pacing was way off, the sequencing lost its unpredictability, and the ride just kind of limped back into the station. However, I loved the theming and I really loved the drop and the loop. You still get a nice high score because of those. Plus, you got bonus points for the very cool custom station, generally nice supports, and very nice looking road with the palm trees, signs, and detailed surface.

Technical: 4.0 Adrenaline: 6.0 Originality: 8.0 Overall: 6.0 Result: 22nd

?????????Bodom Beach Terror????????? ????????? (Iron Man)

Nice track you've got here. Technical was wonderful, adrenaline was pretty good, and originality was very nice as well. Very good work. This one is on to Round 2 for sure.

Technical:
Bravo! Shaping was generally good, aside from a lot of very tiny pumps that were too small to be called pumps????????? they were more like minute tugs. The track was remarkably smooth, and the transitions were executed well. However, there was one major technical problem????????? RED lateral g?????????s. In the first curved hill on the run coming back into the station, the lateral g?????????s got up to 2.3. Ouch! Then, there were 1.6 lats on the next hill. This is a pretty big problem. Aside from that, it was good. No e-stop, collision, timing, or contest problems. 9/10 in shaping, 1 point off for red g?????????s, 0.5 points off for the yellow g.

Adrenaline:
The adrenaline was very good. The pacing was good????????? some of the ride?????????s best speed was in the end, even though the very end was a slight step down. The hill run coming back to the station was very nice. The speed during the middle, at the top of the down spiral and the drop out of the MCBR, was a bit low, but it was fine since you had a nice strong segment after it. My gripe is the drop????????? the top of the chain was too pointy, and it almost completely negated the plummeting feel of the drop. It also negated the airtime. I did really like the third hill, as well as the first 2 hills in the final run????????? they had lateral air! I love lateral air, and it was a welcome surprise. Still, it didn't felt as out-of-control or reckless as it could have been. What you had worked fine, though. It was really fun, and unpredictable. The very end, however, was just a slight low. The speed through the first two hills was really good, but the last hill and the ensuing turns back to the brakes dragged a bit. Still, overall a very nice job.

Originality:
Very good sequencing. Nothing was repetitive at all, and I really liked how you tweaked the airtime hills at the end. That was very cool. The forces had great variety????????? ejector air, floater lateral air, intense vertical, it was always something different. Wonderful variety. Not much else to say????????? that pretty much sums it up. Again, I loved all the lateral air. Your only points off were on the pacing, which wasn't perfect because of the drag at the very end, and the fact that there weren't any new elements, scenery/theming, station, and other stuff to make it really stand out. The supports were very nice, though.

Technical: 7.5 Adrenaline: 8.0 Originality: 9.0 Overall: 8.17 Result: 9th

?????????eXpulse????????? ????????? (Jakizle)

Nice track you've got here. The technical was superior, and the adrenaline was about what you?????????d expect from a B&M hyper. Overall, very solid track that is into Round 2 for sure. There wasn't too much originality, but the rest made up for it. You finished tied with Iron Man?????????s ?????????Bodom Beach????????? coaster, but he got the higher seed because his coaster had better adrenaline and originality.

Technical:
Shaping was amazing. Only two minor bumps, one coming down the first drop and the other coming into the brake run, kept you from a perfect 10 in shaping. The airtime was just a bit intense in a couple of hills, but they were in the restrictions so no deductions there. However, you have one major problem????????? e-stop failed in 2 ways. Number one, the second blocksegment of the final brake runs had no slope, and also no transport wheels, which meant that it got stuck. Then, the first set of brakes at the end was too short to be set as a block. The train shot right through it, and into the other train, which was stuck on the second brakes. Any e-stop or crashing problems on a 2-train build are almost inexcusable. 9.5/10 in shaping, plus 1 point off for the e-stop issue.

Adrenaline:
The adrenaline was awesome in the first half, but then it died a bit on the return to the station. In the first half, you had a brilliant mix of intense positives, fast turns, floater air, ejector air, and it really felt fast and wild. Then, it just fell flat. All the hills and turns heading back to the station were under 2.5 positive g?????????s. They really felt slow, even though there was good airtime through them. I am a big fan of saving the most intense moments until the end, because it leaves you pumped full of adrenaline the whole way through. Here, you started good and then gradually tapered off. That?????????s the opposite of what it takes to be a great ride, even though most real coasters do it like that. So, basically, you just needed to add some more randomness and higher g?????????s into the last run of hills and you would have had an absolutely brilliant ride. Still, despite the speed drop, it was still a very good ride. A very high score here.

Originality:
Same as I mentioned above????????? the first half was really unpredictable and therefore very original. But the end dragged, and was nothing but hill after hill after hill. The turns in the middle were too slow to really break the hill layout up. Again, a high score but not the top, mainly because the ride?????????s first half was so good. The custom supports were good, and you got a bonus for the custom station too.

Technical: 8.5 Adrenaline: 8.0 Originality: 8.0 Overall: 8.17 Result: 10th

?????????Novacaine????????? ????????? (Jimmy Yoshi)

It was smooth, it had air, but the speed just wasn't there. This was mainly due to the hill shape, and it was a big problem. Overall, a well-constructed but otherwise lacking coaster.

Technical:
Shaping, on the comfort side, was just about perfect. One or two minor bumps kept it from being a 10. The shaping was a bit out of whack as far as sensation of speed goes, but that is an adrenaline problem, not a technical one, so no points off for it yet. The big thing is that there were two other, more important technical problems????????? one, the turn after the first final brake run was too tight for the B&M train. The edges of the cars ran into each-other while going through them. This would cause the train to come to a sudden stop IRL. Then, there was stalling. The station timing was too short, which caused the second train to stop on the lift while waiting for the ride block to clear. 9.5/10 in shaping, 1 point off for the collision (which was as close as you can get????????? they only overlapped by about an inch) and the tiny stalling problem.

Adrenaline:
Here is where the hill shaping problem begins to come into play. Your hills were too pointy. This causes them to have a longer lead-in with almost no g?????????s, and then a very sudden burst of intense ejector air before going back down to the controlled lead-out. This creates a general lack of sensation of speed, where a hill with a rounder top keeps the speed throughout its length. So, make your hills less hyperbolic and more parabolic or circular. This was the major issue????????? too much climbing up, and not enough floating. Most of the hills were ejector air of about -1.3, and I really would have liked to see more sustained floater air. A good coaster mixes them up better. It's hard to judge the pacing because the hill structure made it feel a lot slower than it really was, but what I saw was okay????????? what speed feelings were there stayed for most of the ride. The sequencing was kind of bad since everything was ejector air, though. So, above average but not at the top levels.

Originality:
No original elements aside from the pop of air at the bottom of the drop, which actually took away from the sensation of height and falling, so sequencing comes in as the main factor. The sequencing in the beginning was okay, but near the end it was really bad. Too much ejector air, not enough turns and floater air. Next time, try to break up the layout more. Here, the only real break in the entire layout was the ground turn out over the lake. That was decent. Throw in a better combination of g-force experiences. There needed to be more fast changes of direction, more rounded hills to bring out the airtime more, a better sensation of speed in general, and hill sequences with more variety. The way it is now, this coaster is just a bit unimpressive. You got a bonus for the nice skybox and custom supports, though.

Technical: 8.5 Adrenaline: 7.0 Originality: 6.5 Overall: 7.33 Result: 16th

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:09 am
cjd

?????????Sniper????????? ????????? (krazyt)

This coaster wasn't bad technically, and had pretty god sequencing, but it was way too slow. It felt like it was crawling through the second half, as all the speed was lost very quickly. I don't think this one was quite good enough to make it to round 2. Still, all you had to do was be more careful technically and amp up the adrenaline and you could have had a winner. You?????????ve got potential, now you just need to use it. I hope to see you try again in the future.

Technical:
There was a lot of pretty bad pumping, and several bumps, but the shaping wasn't really that bad. The only part that was off was the dropping double helix????????? there was too much banking at the top, and not enough banking at the bottom. Still, the shaping was generally good. A 7/10 there. Then, there was one major problem????????? the supports. It looks like you ran out of time, and submitted the coaster before they were done. In the first big turn, there was a stretch of supports that had no connections to the track, which left about 190 feet of track with no supports. Then, in the entrance to the diving double helix, there were track connections but no supports to go with them. This left 220 feet of unsupported track hanging in the air. More importantly than that, though, the e-stop failed. The dummy block at the trim brakes enabled 2 trains to be on the circuit at the same time. And when an e-stop happened, the second train barreled through the course and smashed right into the first one. Advice for the future: If you?????????re going to use 3 trains, you have to either include a MCBR or 2 stations. Having neither will almost always either create stacking if there is no dummy block, or e-stop problems if there is one. You had 9 cars per train, so 2 trains would have been just fine for this coaster. Either that, or just change one of the end blocks into an unloading station. The worst part of all of this is that you did not trade one for the other. Even though you used a dummy block and had the e-stop problem, it still did not completely eliminate the stacking. It was minor, though, so I'll let it slide. 7/10 in shaping, 1 point off for the crash, 1.5 point off for the lack of supports.

Adrenaline:
The first bit was actually really good, but everything from the turn leading out down the diagonal path all the way back to the station was absolutely horrible. The speed was less than 20 mph several times. Not only is that really boring, but it might also create stalling problems on cold mornings. The real problem is your train length????????? with 3 trains running, there is no way you needed 9 cars per train. In NL, even though it is unrealistic, longer trains lose speed much faster than shorter ones. This track would have had much better pacing if you had dropped the train length to 8 or 7 cars. The sequence was actually pretty good, so you could have gotten a really good score here if the speed through the elements was higher. Still, the fact remains that all the speed was gone for the last 1500 feet of track. I wanted off as soon as the train turned down the diagonal path at 14 mph. That killed it. It was bad enough before it, with the 22mph entrance to the helix, and the 23 mph apex of the ensuing hill. The speed through everything was just too low. The speed was never there, and it just got worse every foot of track. I appreciate the work you did on the 3ds track connectors, station, and such, but next time work on the actual coaster more before you fiddle around with the 3ds. This is a good example of how 3ds can't cover up a track?????????s flaws.

Originality:
Very nice supports, except for the gaps. I loved the 3ds track connectors, as they were so realistic, and you got bonuses for that and the custom station and transfer track. The sequencing was good, as there was decent variety of elements, but the pacing in the elements was too slow to truly feel original. Simple enough fix????????? make sure the adrenaline, which accounts for most of your overall score on a B&M, is better before you go to do all the little details that can earn you maybe 1 or 2 extra points at the most. More coaster, fewer details. Like I said, the sequencing was pretty good, so your score here is above average.

Technical: 4.5 Adrenaline: 4.5 Originality: 7.0 Overall: 5.33 Result: 24th

?????????Supra????????? ????????? (Matt)

Awesome track! However, Terrain modifications were not allowed. The terrain was modified. The lake out at the far end wasn't the problem, but rather the lake that was underneath the pre-lift section. Terrain modifications were only allowed above the road. Therefore, all terrain that was done below the blue lines has been deleted. It cost you a full point in technical, and lost you a position to coasterteddy, because it partially buried the track. You are lucky not to be disqualified because of it. Be more careful, and pay closer attention to the rules next time. This coaster would be rated an 8.83 without the terrain issue.

Technical:
1 tiny pump, one minor bump, and just a touch off heartline in the last couple turns. This was one of the best shaped coasters in the whole contest, and the hills especially had amazing shaping, matched only by Real?????????s coaster. They generated nearly 4 seconds of beautiful sustained floater airtime. Amazing! There was one problem, though????????? your ride capacity was only 950 riders per hour. With a coaster this awesome, you would be looking at 3-4 hour lines because of the low capacity. Not good. Also, since you neglected the terrain rule and forced me to flatten the terrain around the station area, it created undercarriage support collisions, buried a portion of the track, and cost you a full point. Everything else was superior. 9.5/10 in shaping, minus .5 points for the low ride capacity, and minus 1 point for the collisions with the terrain.

Adrenaline:
Now THAT is a B&M hyper. The layout was absolutely brilliant. The airtime was absolutely delicious. SO much air, so much speed, such an amazing layout. There were some good turn variations, but it was the hills that really did it for me. 3 massive air hills with almost 4 sustained seconds each really made the ride. And they weren't repetitive at all????????? the turns mixed in made them feel so natural. Then, you mixed up the ride so beautifully in the end????????? amazing. The speed and intensity stayed all the way through the ride, which I loved. Just amazing work. The only thing that was missing were a few quick bursts of ejector airtime and maybe something like a spiral ground turn. It felt just a little bit controlled, not quite wild and out-of control. Still, you get a 9/10, the second highest score in the whole contest.

Originality:
No original elements, fancy 3ds, tunnels, or other distractions. Just one hell of an adrenaline rush! Your biggest points for this category were those from pacing. The pace was relentless, nonstop, and there was so much airtime! Great stuff. This is true proof that even a basic layout can be fantastic. (I use the same idea in a lot of my coasters, so it works for me.) There was just enough variation in the sequencing to keep it interesting and un-repetitive. The supports were very good, with the headchopper effect on the parallel hills and the great track connectors. Also, the skybox was beautiful. Nice. So, with what you had in the coaster, you basically got as many points as you could. A big contributor to this score, again, was the perfect hill structure. The biggest mistake on most of the other coasters in this round was making hills that were too pointy, and neglected the airtime. Yours were perfect. Like I said above, maybe just a few bursts of ejector air or a tight ground-hugging turn could have helped to get you a better score.

Technical: 8.0 Adrenaline: 9.0 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 8.5 Result: 6th

?????????Xenon????????? ????????? (Medusaboy47)

There were some nice effects on this track, but they didn't quite cover up the numerous technical flaws. Still, it wasn't a bad track. The adrenaline was nice, and the track had very good style. The technical just needed a lot of work. This one is on the border of advancing, but I think it should make it.

Technical:
Here is where almost all of the track?????????s problems were. It's good that you did try to do heartlinging and such, but the bumps and pumps were really bad throughout. Also, a lot of the elements had way too much banking, which caused uncomfortable g forces to the insides of turns. When test riding your coasters, try to take note of the g forces and adjust the banking so that the lateral g?????????s are as close to zero as possible. However, there were no major problems. Just the shaping was bad. My only other gripe is that you seem to have phalanged the track, and then moved the segments around. There were several phalanges that were just hanging in midair. No points off, though. So, overall, 5/10 on shaping with no deductions.

Adrenaline:
Very nice. I liked the shaping of the big hills, because they not only provided a great mix of floater and ejector air, but also created AMAZING drops. The speed and unpredictability was huge in the first half of the track. Then, the speed tapered off quite a bit while coming up into the turns up to the MCBR, and especially in the hill after. The pause around the mid brake was just a bit too long. The speed dropped all the way down to 15 mph coming in, and 8 mph throughout. That killed the pace, as the end of the ride wasn't quite intense enough to make it a dramatic pause like it should be. The last sequence of hills was taken just a bit too slow. To achieve the proper pacing for a great coaster, you need to save some of your best intensity for the very end. This leaves guests with a feeling of true intensity, and they exit pumped full of adrenaline and ready to ride again. The speed in the beginning was wonderful, though, so you still get a good score.

Originality:
The sequencing in the first half was fantastic! It was impossible to know what was coming next. The hills were really cool because they were so steep and had such great g?????????s, and the g?????????s in the turns were wonderfully intense. The direction changed,l the force was varied, and nothing was used twice. Great stuff. The end was a completely different story????????? the hills were taken too slow, and there were 3 almost identical hills right in a row. The tunnel was really cool, though. I liked the little pop of air in the middle, and it was good to see tunnels that added so much to the ride. You also got bonus points for the custom station, and supports. So, basically you just needed to liven up the second half with a turn or two and different sized hills with different g experiences. Overall, I was impressed with this track. Just keep working on your build technique, and I could see you becoming a really good designer.

Technical: 5.0 Adrenaline: 7.0 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 6.83 Result: 18th

?????????Axor????????? ????????? (MF2001)

This was a really good track. The adrenaline was solid, the shaping was very well done, and its sequencing was very good. This one?????????s on to round 2 for sure. With 18 tracks rated, this one is currently tied for 1st with coasterteddy?????????s track since the only 2 higher ones were both DQ?????????ed. However, when the ratings play out, he will be getting the higher seed because his adrenaline and originality were both higher.

Technical:
The shaping was generally good????????? the track was very smooth. There was quite a bit of pumping, especially in the helixes and at the bottom of hills, but those would just be minor discomforts. Bumps cause discomfort much more, and there were basically none here. 8.5/10 on shaping. Aside from that, there were zero problems. No collisions, no e-stop issues, and no contest violations. Just work on lowering the pumping.

Adrenaline:
Pretty good. The speed was sustained well, and there were only one or two points where it felt a touch slow, in those big elevated turns. However, your pacing was incredible! There was an incredibly fast and intense section of ground turns and directions changes which really amped up the adrenaline right at the end. I loved it! That was the best part of the ride????????? the combos of hills, intense ground turns, and fast banking changes. The speed in a most of the elevated turns felt kind of slow, though. However, with the incredible pacing near the end backing them up, they were not as bad as if the pace had tapered off. The first half was just a touch slow, however, so you still get points off for consistency even though you got almost full points for pacing. Also, I must complain about the first drop. The flat section combined with the gentle turning shape completely took away any sensation of height and danger. I hate curved drops enough on multi-loopers, so you can imagine what my thoughts about them are on hypers?????????

Originality:
Nice mix! It could have been a touch better, but not much. Some very nice floater air to start, then a diving double helix, an elevated banking transition, an overbanked turn, another elevated banking transition (those almost never get old????????? they?????????re awesome!), a diving overbanked helix, a fast ground turn into a quick transition, and 3 intense hills into the station. Very good job. It never really felt repetitive; it just got a touch slow in the elevated turns. Very good assortment. Plus, wonderful work on the lift catwalks, the unique approach to the road support problem, and the nice custom supports. Again, you get a very high score in this category as well.

Technical: 8.5 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 8.5 Result: 7th

?????????Serten????????? ????????? (Mikado)

Another really good track that's definitely through to round 2. Technical was very good, adrenaline was good in the first half but a bit slow in the second half, and originality was the same????????? good early, dropped late. This was a very common problem, and I do understand somewhat because the only ways to get back to the station are both long straight lines. But, that's the challenge, isn't it?

Technical:
Great! There were a few pumps, and one banking transition that I thought was a touch too quick, but those were the only shaping problems. 9/10. There is one thing I must mention, however. The first brake run coming into the station is set as a block, but it is not big enough to stop the train. This is not officially an e-stop failure, because the other train was clear of the second segment under every emergency scenario. However, with a freak accident where one train got stuck on the second brake run, the computer would be reading the second half of the ride clear and let the other train go. This is no points off, because it is not official, I'm just pointing it out so that you?????????ll be more careful next time. This was almost an e-stop failure.

Adrenaline:
The adrenaline in the first half was some of the best in the contest, especially around that intense 4+ g helix. Your first drop was amazing! Everything leading up to the MCBR was superior. No gripes. But what happened on the return trip? It died. The speed through the MCBR was a bit slow, and then you went all the way down under 20 mph twice, and close to it 3 times, in the final run of hills. The double-down was absolutely crawling, and it killed the pace. I think the problem is that the hills were too big, which meant that the train barely slipped over the top. You could have achieved a much better sensation of speed with the same g forces with much smaller and faster hills. A good coaster has its best sensation of speed in the end, not the beginning. Next time, try to keep the speed up through the second half of the coaster. 10/10 for the first 2/3 of the track, and 5/10 for the last 1/3, rounded down because the pacing was off.

Originality:
Again, the first half was awesome, but the second half was a bit lesser. The intense 4.5 g turns were absolutely amazing! Anyone who I told to add in tight intense turns, check these out. This is what I was talking about! Plus, everything early on was mixed up so well. It was just great! Again, you get a superior score for the first half (9.5/10), but only about a 6/10 on the second half. The element choice of overbank, double-down, big hill, big hill, small hill wasn't bad, but the speed is what killed them. The lack of speed through the elements took away from their effect. Bonus points for the custom supports, lift mechanism, and transfer track. Also, I must mention that I believed this coaster had the best first drop of all the coasters. It felt like falling over the edge of nothing, and looks ridiculously intimidating from the ground.

Technical: 9.0 Adrenaline: 8.0 Originality: 8.0 Overall: 8.33 Result: 8th

?????????Screaming Queen????????? ????????? (minicoopertx)

Before I go into the actual rating, I must first say that this coaster is MUCH better than your coaster from last year. You have improved quite a bit. You still have a long way to go, but you?????????re getting there. The adrenaline was better this time, and the shaping wasn't that bad.

Technical:
There were still some noticeable problems with shaping, such as having the lead-outs to some turns extending into straight portions of track. On B&M coasters especially, there shouldn?????????t be any banking on straight pieces of track. Also, there were a lot of vertex bumps and pumping, where the shapes of the elements weren't consistent and changed from one radius to the other abruptly. This will come in time. The way I usually reduce pumping and such is by looking at the length of the segment after each vertex, and trying to make the control point lengths as proportional to them as possible. Also, spacing your vertexes such that each one is approximately the same distance apart makes it much easier to reduce pumping because you can just use C2 to get the right lengths. Your shaping actually wasn't that bad????????? it gets a 5.5/10. The points came off on the following three issues: 1, you don't have enough blocks for all of the trains. One of the trains starts on the midcourse brakes. You need at least one block segment at the end of the ride for each train. You had 3 trains, but only 2 blocks at the end of the ride. However, I was amazed that there was no stacking or stalling despite the lack of blocks. Good job on the station timing. The second big problem, much more important that the block problem, is that the first 2 turns leading up to the lift hill are too small. B&M hypers cannot physically turn at such a small radius????????? the edges of the cars crashed into each other, and this would cause the train to stop and be stuck IRL. There was also another equally important problem????????? 2 undercarriage support hits. In the diving third drop, the coaster?????????s upstop wheels ran smack into the supports. Be careful where you place large supports, especially on high-banked track segments. So, overall, a 5.5/10 in shaping and 2 points off for the collisions and block problems.

Adrenaline:
Believe it or not, the pacing on this coaster was brilliant! The constantly tightening banked hills really kicked up the feeling of intensity in the end. The inclined double helix was a touch slow for my tastes, but the end made up for it. All of your spiral drops were really, really thrilling. I especially liked the giant twisting dive off of the MCBR. However, while you had the curves, the speed, and the unpredictability pretty well, the straight elements were really lacking. The first drop had very little sensation of falling, and I would have liked to see just a touch more airtime. The only part of the irde that even felt a little slow, though, was the hill and turn just after the awesome drop off of the MCBR. That?????????s about all that I can whine about. The speed only let up for brief bits here and there, the pacing was wonderful, and you did a great job making spiral drops that were as intense as on a Schwarzkopf coaster. I loved it.

Originality:
The speed and pacing was good, but the element sequence had many repetitions. It's hard to give a rating here, because the things that were repeated were also the best parts of the ride. The 4 curving hills were repeated, but they also worked incredibly well. There were a few too many spiral drops, but I loved the spiral drops so much! I really don't know what to say. I'm stuck on whether to say ?????????everything worked????????? or ?????????everything was repetitive?????????. Well, I guess if stuff was good then there was no need here to change it. I'll complain about the lack of good straight airtime, give it a 7.5 (halfway in-between), and call it even. Good job. Just clean up the technical aspects and this would be one heck of a good coaster!

Technical: 3.5 Adrenaline: 7.5 Originality: 7.5 Overall: 6.17 Result: 21st

?????????Blue Steel????????? ????????? (Myriad)

This was an AWESOME track! The adrenaline was really good, and the technical was great. The originality was fairly good, and pretty much everything was near the top of the contest. You ended tied with Real for the top spot, but you get it because the adrenaline was better. Welcome to Round 2, and congrats on the top seed.

Technical:
There were a few pumps and a bump or two in the turns, but the rest was butter-smooth. 9/10 in shaping. There was only one other issue, which was brief yellow lateral g?????????s of 1.6 in one of the banking transitions and 5.4 vertical g?????????s in the first turn. Both are minor, so only -.5 for them. There was one tunnel test intrusion, but it was in an area which is generally unreachable for guests. I don't think it is a real threat, so no points off for it.

Adrenaline:
Really good. The airtime in the 4 big hills was absolutely fantastic????????? probably the best airtime in the whole contest so far! I loved in the second hill how you turned to the right, while still getting sustained airtime. That was cool. The floater air on the first drop and the 4th hill were awesome! The big drop was a little bit too pointy at the top, but you shaped it almost perfectly coming off, so it turned out great! Good airtime, great sensation of danger and steepness, and really great to look at. The speed kept up through all of the big hills, and also through the hammerhead and ground turn. The drop off of the MCBR was awesome! Ejector air all the way down. The hill run afterward kept a nice pace as well. It wasn't as intense as the first half, but they were still good. My only real gripe is that the second half of the ride was really short????????? just a drop and 3 hills, and it had no turns. This isn't too bad, because the speed was so good, but it just took a fraction of a point off. Awesome job!

Originality:
Not in the elements, but the pacing was where this coaster excelled. The speed was nonstop, and I really felt it. The sequencing was also good????????? everything had some sort of twist to it, and the coaster never felt repetitive. Also, I must say again that the big hills were absolutely AMAZING! So much air????????? so good. Your supports were pretty basic, but they worked just fine. bonus for them, and the lift mechanisms. Awesome job on everything!

Technical: 8.5 Adrenaline: 9.0 Originality: 9.0 Overall: 8.83 Result: 1st

?????????Himalaya????????? ????????? (pdonahue)

Decent track, but didn't really excel in anything. The technical wasn't bad, the adrenaline was quite lacking, and the originality was kind of bleh.

Technical:
Shaping wasn't bad. It was smooth for the most part, and just plagued by a lot of pumping. Also, the last overbanked turn had too much banking. There was one minor support problem????????? the supports on the third hill had no lateral supports. Under the weight of a 2+ ton train, it would likely vibrate very uncomfortably, and possibly fall over. The biggest non-shaping problem, however, was that you did not have enough blocks at the end of the ride to hold all of the trains. One of the trains started on the MCBR, and that is not good. Add another brake run to the end. However, everything else was good. E-stop, collisions, stalling and such were all good. 7/10 in shaping, minus one point for the other issues.

Adrenaline:
The first drop was awesome, but there wasn't much to cheer about afterward. The second hill was too pointy????????? leading to almost no g?????????s going up, then a sudden burst of ejector air, then no g?????????s again on the way down. The third and fourth hills were a little better, but the shaping was still off to achieve good adrenaline. The lead-ins were too long, and the top gave limited air. The elevated turn afterward was a good surprise, as it had some lateral g?????????s and a bit of float at the same time. The 5th hill was the best one on the ride????????? it had very good air. The double helix was WAY too slow. The g?????????s at the entrance were under 1.5, where they should be over three or even four to keep the speed going. There was no airtime coming up into the helix, and on the drop off of the helix, coming into the MCBR either. That middle part was horribly slow and boring. The run after the MCBR was a bit too short, and a bit too slow. The airtime hills all had bottoms with only 2 g?????????s. That?????????s really bad. They should be in the 3-4 range. All of the hills felt pretty slow. The pacing was generally bad. The speed dropped off more and more as the coaster went on, and the only really good part was the first drop. The speed wasn't bad in the first half, though????????? the g?????????s were just a bit out of whack. A slightly above average score here, but there were a LOT of problems that need work.

Originality:
This was really bad. The only original element was the elevated turn with the laterals. Everything else was very standard, incredibly predictable, and didn't have the necessary pacing to make them work alone. Really, nothing felt too original. All the big hills felt the same, all the small hills felt the same, and the turns just didn't thrill. If you?????????re going to do a standard out-and-back layout based on airtime, you need some really intense hills to make it work. Out-and-backs rely on sensation of speed and lots of airtime to make them work. On yours, neither the speed nor the airtime was really there. This just really was horrible in originality. Predictable, slow, and not enough air for a good out-and-back design. Custom supports, however basic they were, were your only saving grace from complete disaster here. Either work on your hill shapes, or throw in more high-speed turns.

Technical: 6.0 Adrenaline: 6.0 Originality: 3.0 Overall: 5.0 Result: 25th

?????????Asthenia????????? ????????? (ragan)

The speed on this coaster was good except for in the big double helix, the technical was good for the most part, but it was very repetitive. Overall, not bad.

Technical:
Lots of bumps on this one, mainly in the transition from climb to air coming over the hills. Pumping was minimal, though. 8.5/10 in shaping. When riding the coaster, I thought that there would be lots of support collisions with all of the headchoppers, but the tunnel test turned out perfect and proved me wrong. As it turned out, your entire score was from shaping because there were no other problems whatsoever. It just needed a little bit of ironing out.

Adrenaline:
I'm just going to go in order here. The first drop wasn't too bad for a curved one, as it retained a good sensation of being high up as it approached the edge of the flat spot, but it still negated the true sensation of falling. Real?????????s coaster is a great example of how to do a curved drop right????????? getting the curve in while still having height and falling sensations. The next 2 hills had AWESOME airtime! Each had 3 seconds of perfect floater air. However, the lead-ins to them were kind of bad. There was a big flat spot with only 1.5 g?????????s coming in and out to both of the airtime sections on the hills. This killed the sensation of speed. Still, the airtime made up for it. Next was the worst part of the ride????????? the slow, boring double helix. There were under 2 g?????????s through most of it, and I was really tired of spinning around by the time it was over. Please use a tighter radius next time. However, luckily for your pacing score, the second half was much better. The hills had great air, and the 2 turns had wonderful speed through them. You?????????re gonna get killed on the sequencing score, though. So, above average score here because the speed and pacing was good, but you?????????re about to get killed in the originality section.

Originality:
Spiral drop, floater air hill, identical floater air hill, very slow double helix, brakes, another spiral drop, overbanked turn, ejector air hill, identical ejector air hill, another identical ejector air hill, identical ejector air hill #4, another overbanked turn, identical ejector air hill #5, brakes. Do I really need to say more? SOOO repetitive, it wasn't funny. The elements were good, but you used the same things way too much. Vary your hills so that there is more variety of heights and air types, break up the hill sequences with a fast turn or two, and try to throw in something original. The hills were taken at good speed, so the overflow of the good pacing saved you a little bit. Also, the supports were really nice. Dragon Fly, take notes. This is the right way to have headchoppers on a hypercoaster without making a giant open building of steel pipes.

Technical: 8.5 Adrenaline: 8.0 Originality: 4.5 Overall: 7.0 Result: 17th

?????????Dragon????????? ????????? (Real)

Excellent track! The hills were my favorites in the contest, and the pacing was relentless up until the finale part. Technical could have been slightly better, especially for you, but it was still really good. Originality is high because the coaster had really good style. Overall, an excellent coaster. It ended tied with myriad for 1st, but he won the seed because his coaster had better adrenaline. Congrats on 2nd place.

Technical:
Very good. There were some minor bumps and pumps throughout the track, but overall it was not a big deal. The left/right banking jaunt after the final hill run was a little bit abrupt, and some of the end turns were a touch off heartline, but it was again minor. 9/10 in shaping. And since you did not have any other issues with e-stop, stalling, collisions, or contest issues, the 9 stays.

Adrenaline:
The first half was awesome! The hills were just about perfect, generating lots of floater air while still delivering a satisfying pop of ejector, and I absolutely loved the first drop, which gave a curve without taking away any of the sensation of height or falling. The turns had great intensity, and the turn with the big pop of ejector air in the middle was VERY cool. No gripes all the way up to the MCBR. Then, the fun died off a bit. The air hills coming back to the station area were a bit slow at the top, dropping to 20 mph or lower. There was air over them, but they felt slow. Everything after the double helix, and between the end of the hills and the helix, was a bit too much????????? the ride needed to end sooner. The double helix was nice, I'm just referring to all of those little turns and air pops around it. The pacing could have been better, as almost all of the ride?????????s speed was gone after the MCBR. So, you get a nice high score but not as high as it could have been with the awesome beginning to the ride.

Originality:
Awesome drop, awesome hills, really liked the turn with the pop of ejector air in the middle, and the overbanked hill thing coming into the MCBR. I also liked that there was an illusion that you were going to drop off the brakes and into the final hill run, and then suddenly spun down to the left instead. That really took me by surprise the first time, and it gave you a style bonus. The sequencing could have been better after the MCBR drop, where you had 3 straight large airtime hills and then a weird meandering turn sequence back to the brakes, but that was the only low point of the ride. Great custom supports, and I really appreciate that you spent so much extra time making it look and feel as realistic as possible. Wonderful job!

Technical: 9.0 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 9.0 Overall: 8.83 Result: 2nd

?????????NQLJT_ROhh117????????? ????????? (screamomatic)

Before I make any comments, WTF is up with the name? It looks like you ran out of ideas, and punched in a bunch of random letters. Anyway, on to the coaster. You are very lucky to still be in the contest, because you clearly violated the original road height rule. There was a support that was the absolute minimum height to not be disqualified????????? 16 feet, the height of most road overpasses. The trucks only had about a foot of clearance, so you are VERY lucky that I did the extra research. About the track????????? the shaping was generally good, the pacing was awesome, but the sequencing was a bit off, especially in the end.

Technical:
Shaping was very good. Some pumping, and a few transitions that were too quick or shaped semi-strange, but not bad. There were a couple sections with too much banking, and some weird segment where a straight piece of track was banked, but still not too bad. 8.5/10. The big problem was e-stop. It failed. I've stressed this before, and I'll stress it again????????? 3-trained coasters cannot work unless they have either a MCBR or a second station. You had a dummy block in the middle of the ride, which allows two trains on the circuit at the same time. When e-stop happens, one train stops at the first brake run and the other one plows right through the dummy block and smashes into the waiting train. With 9 cars per train, you did not need 3 trains on this coaster. 2 would have been plenty to achieve the proper ride capacity. If you?????????re going to use three trains, make sure that there is either a MCBR or a separate unloading station. Minus 1 point for the e-stop failure. Also, there are a couple of g force problems. There were 2 hills with yellow airtime of -1.8. Another half a point off for this. Also next time, be more careful with where you place your trees. The tips of a lot of branches were sticking through on the tunnel test, and even on the tunnel that you had there. I have another question????????? why was that tunnel even there? It was the only part of the whole ride with interactions with scenery, and you covered it up with a tunnel. It seemed very weird, almost as if you had put it there for a tunnel test, and then forgot to take it off before submitting.

Adrenaline:
The pacing, and sensation of speed, was wonderful! My only true gripe about this coaster is that the second hill, the big hill that should have the best airtime on the whole ride, gave virtually no airtime. That was a huge disappointment to look at the g force readings to find .1 to .3 through the entire hill. Also, as I mentioned, the tunnel was really unnecessary. I would much rather have gone whizzing by all of those trees then submerged in darkness and knowing that I was missing out on the interactions with scenery. Not much I can really complain about here. Those were the only issues, aside from the last run of hills having horrible sequencing. More about that in originality?????????

Originality:
Sequencing in the first half was very good. The turns were fast, unpredictable, and had great combinations of g-forces. Then, you fell victim to one of the most common problems in this contest. The pacing broke into a horribly predictable pattern on the return run. All 5 hills had the same shape, the same airtime, and felt exactly the same. It really needed to be broken up with a floater hill, a tight turn, or a smaller hill. Having so many identical hills in a row really makes it boring. So, the pacing was great and I loved the sequencing in the first half, but you lost a lot for the horrible sequence on the return trip. Hint: when you start with an intense sequence of unpredictable turns, and then suddenly have 5 completely straight hills in a row, it's usually a bad thing. Bonus for the custom supports.

Technical: 7.0 Adrenaline: 9.0 Originality: 7.5 Overall: 7.83 Result: 13th

?????????Zoiga: Queen of Fire????????? ????????? (Sio)

This track was very much below average. The shaping was very basic, the adrenaline was pretty bad, and the originality was pretty much negated because of the prodding pace.

Technical:
Really bad. Several g spikes, the track was really bumpy in a lot of places, and the was pumping everywhere. The had turning track unbanked and some straight track banked. You need to take a look at some of the other entries to get a better idea about how to do transitions on a B&M hyper correctly. This will come with time, so keep working on it. Also, there was a section of under-supported track over the road????????? coming back off of the top half, there was 150 feet of track with no supports. Also, next time try to keep there from being trees growing a few feet under the track and straight through the supports. That was very strange. In addition, there were 3 undercarriage support collisions????????? steel pipes that the upstop wheels on the coaster trains ran right into while passing over. I don't have much more advice except practice.

Adrenaline:
Not bad through the first bit of the ride, with some nice airtime and a good sensation of speed. It was in the double helix up to the final brake run where it really dragged. The helix was taken at under 2 g?????????s for the most part, and was even under 1.5 near the end. It needed to be faster. Also there was no airtime in either of the first two hills on the return trip to the station. The speed was just dead there. Since the train?????????s speed got worse and worse all the way through the ride, your score in pacing is very low. The only advice I have for future coasters is to not use 10-car trains. In NL, the trains are based off of friction alone, so longer trains go much slower. This is what caused you to lose so much speed at the end.

Originality:
Very standard elements here. The speed through the beginning was good, so the score for the first half was good as well. The originality died off in the end, though. Hill, hill, hill, hill, taken at very low speeds. Plus, the double helix was poorly executed. The way you had it, it took a lot away from the sequencing and the pacing. Since your coaster layout was fairly standard, the primary factor was in the pacing, which is simply an overflow from the adrenaline rating. Keep building coasters, learning, and I hope you will try again in the future.

Technical: 3.5 Adrenaline: 4.5 Originality: 4.0 Overall: 4.0 Result: 28th

?????????Demon Slayer????????? ????????? (SixFlagsOverTexas)

This coaster was really bad?????????and it was disqualified for 5 reasons????????? 1, there was both a lift hill and a launch. The transport segment before the MCBR sped up the train, and is therefore a launch. Also, you completely neglected the 20 ft rule on the road. At least 50 support segments were under 20 ft, there were tons of footers in the road, the track was under 20 ft as well, and there was only one train. Read the rules more carefully next time. In addition to the DQ?????????s, you had numerous severe technical problems.

Technical:
Shaping was bad, but not a complete disaster. It needs a lot of work because of the numerous vertex bumps and pumps, but it still got 4 points. However, you lost all of those points because your guests are dead. Their necks were snapped in the 7.1 vertical g spike, their spines were broken with the 2.8 lateral g spike, and then they were beaten to death by crashing smack into the side of the brick station building, and then again on another piece of track. This, plus the fact that your wood supports generated at least 100 undercarriage support collisions, and would never hold the track that high with no lateral supports, gave you the lowest possible rating. Be more careful, and don't take the lazy way out by supporting a hypercoaster with woodmagic next time.

Adrenaline:
The speed was pretty bad. It slowed down to less that ten mph twice, which was horrible and would create rollback problems. If anyone survived this coaster to give it a rating, it would be about a 3.5/10. The only speed you really had was generated because of the horrible g spikes and the launch into the mcbr.

Originality:
Wood supports would be possible, although uneconomical in real life if they were done right. There weren't any new elements, the pacing was horrible, and it was rather boring. No custom supports (auto-wood supports are even lazier than pre-fabbed steel ones, and you didn't even do it right.) Enough said. Really bad in every category. Slow, dangerous, and uninteresting.

Technical: 0.5 Adrenaline: 3.5 Originality: 2.0 Overall: 2.0 Result: DQ

?????????Forrest Crawler????????? ????????? (Sobek)

This coaster was good for the feeling that your were crawling through the forest (hmm, I wonder where that cam from?), but the ride as a whole wasn't that great. The technical was very basic, and the adrenaline really dragged in the end.

Technical:
The shaping was very basic. There was a lot of pumping, some bumps, and a lot of transitions where the banking hung the guests out of the side of the train because the shaping was off. All I can say with this is try to do some more studying, and practice. 5/10 in shaping. Then, there was one major problem E-stop failed. This is due to the fact that you used dummy blocks to synchronize the trains, which allowed 2 trains to be on the circuit at the same time. The trains barreled straight through, and crashed. Also, there were a couple of supports in the tunnel section that were about 1 inch away from being collisions. It couldn't have been any closer. Watch out for that when you are using woodmagic to make a section of supports for a B&M coaster.

Adrenaline:
It started out decent, even though I wish there was more airtime in the big hills. The sensation of going through the woods was well done, and added a lot to the ride. However, the speed died very quickly on the return run, and the track was almost completely flat through the duration of the entire ride. I would have liked to see the ride go above ground more. Most of the g forces were between 1.5 and 2, which made it feel really slow even through the faster sections. The best part of the coaster was the tunnel. If you could get the rest of the ride to have as intense of a feel as in the tunnel, you would have a winner. Check out Matt or Myriad?????????s coasters to see what kind of shape a B&M hyper should have.

Originality:
Your entire score here is due to the unique feeling of going through the forest. The sequencing was mostly uninteresting, except the cool part in the tunnel, the pacing was horrible, and the track itself just stayed way to low and controlled to be good. I loved the forest thing, but the coaster would have been much better than it was if you went above the trees a few more times. Just do something really unexpected more often, to break up the layout. Also, add more airtime ad intense ground turns rather than the airless speed hills below the tree line. Those got boring fast.

Technical: 4.0 Adrenaline: 4.0 Originality: 6.5 Overall: 4.83 Result: 26th

?????????Mjolnir????????? ????????? (Tanks4me)

Pretty bad track. The shaping was really weird, the adrenaline wasn't really there, and the sequencing was awful.

Technical:
The shaping was pretty bad. There was banking on flat pieces of track, and no banking on some turns. The shaping on the final hills was especially bad. There was sudden airtime coming up, and then it slammed back down hard on the back side. Plus, the bottoms were almost completely flat. Then, there was a problem that was just as bad. The train never made it back to the station. You had no slope or transport on the final brake runs, so the second train never even moved and the first train stopped behind it and then got stuck as well. Not making it back to the station is an automatic -4 points, since it automatically makes e-stop fail, ride capacity equal zero, and makes it impossible to test train timing. Combined with the 4/10 in shaping, you got the lowest possible score in technical. I also must point out that there were several undercarriage support collisions, which would be very bad IRL. Watch out with larger supports on B&M coasters. Well, I think I've said enough. Work on your shaping, and make sure that the coaster finishes the circuit next time.

Adrenaline:
The speed was very low in the turns where the train was completely sideways????????? only about 20 mph. Also, the pacing over the hills was pretty slow. All of the hills were a bit too circular, where they needed to be parabolic. The circular shape meant that there was airtime in the beginning and end of the hill, but none at all in the middle. This made it seem even slower. The pacing died off through the entire ride, and the repetitiveness made it even worse. Try to make it so that the speed keeps up through the entire ride, and that the sensation of speed either does the same or feels like it is constantly getting faster.

Originality:
The sequencing was awful. 4 big hills that all felt the same, a few turns that did have some variety, and then the worst part????????? 6 hills in a row that were all almost exactly the same. That was way too much. It was ridiculously repetitive. Try to mix it up, having some different sized hills and turns mixed in to your hill runs.

Technical: 0.5 Adrenaline: 4.0 Originality: 3.0 Overall: 2.5 Result: 29th

?????????Space Wrangler????????? ????????? (Thorazine)

Very good track. It was the smoothest coaster in the whole contest, and had awesome adrenaline and good sequencing. This coaster ended tied with Myriad and Real?????????s coasters for first, but they both beat you in originality which gave you 3rd place.

Technical:
Two very tiny tugs, both in the double helix at the end. Otherwise perfect shaping. 10/10. However, there was a slight issue with timing. I am amazed that you managed to do 4 trains with only 1 station so well, but it still wasn't perfect. There was stalling at the MCBR and on top of the lift after 1 circuit, so .5 off.

Adrenaline:
Very nice. The speed kept up all the way through the end of the hill run. The ensuing double helix was a little slow, but that was just a minor issue. The rest of the ride was really good. I didn't really like the spiral thing at the top of the first drop, because it took away from the sensation of height, danger, and falling on the first drop. The rest of the ride was great! The airtime and speed was relentless, there were lots of g?????????s, and the elements had very good variety. I would have liked to see a bit more in the ground turn department, but what you had was still really good. I think, however, that it could have felt much more out-of-control. Your sensation was that of going really fast, but didn't feel too dangerous. Plus, the speed in the double helix was a bit slow and I would have preferred a little more anticipation before flying over the drop.

Originality:
The sequencing was really good. Nothing was repetitive at all, and the run of hills on the way back to the station had great variety with the double-down, the big hill, the small hill, and the air pops coming out to the double helix. Then, there was the drop????????? I didn't like the spiral thing, because it took the anticipation and the falling away, but it was at least original. Other than that, no new elements or anything. You got just about just as many points as possible with standard B&M elements and a straight run of hills.

Technical: 9.5 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 8.5 Overall: 8.83 Result: 3rd

?????????Strider????????? ????????? (topdrag)

This was a generally decent track. The technical was very good for hand-built. The adrenaline lagged a bit, especially in the end, but the originality wasn't bad.

Technical:
Some bumps, some pumps, though nothing too serious, and a couple of transitions that were off in the shaping, producing some heavy lats. Still, for hand-built it was great. There was, however, one undercarriage support collision. You know why it's bad. Also, it kind of bothered me that the track in the middle of the road and the entire final hill run had no lateral supports. It would probably work, but it looked weird. Well, that's it. everything else was good.

Adrenaline:
The speed was decent, but not great, on the first half. On the return trip, it was really bad. The hill run had virtually no airtime, and felt quite slow. Even the first half really wasn't that great. The transitions into the turns and up into the hills were a bit drawn out, and the true sensation of speed wasn't quite there. I would have liked to see some faster transitions, as well as a better combination of air on the return run. Also, breaking up the run of hills with something unexpected would help to amp up the adrenaline. And how about some ejector air? All of the hills coming back were either just speed hills with no air, or a quick bit of floater. Ejector air is one of the keys to a coaster feeling faster and wilder.

Originality:
The return run was a little bit too straight, as it had not even a degree of turning to it, but the hill variety wasn't bad????????? an air pop, 2 speed hills with no air, a double-up, and a smaller hill into the station. It wasn't great, but it was better than the rides that had the same exact hill 4 or 5 times in a row. The first half was somewhat good, but it was just a little too controlled in all of the elements. Still, the turns were mixed in with the hills and air fairly well, so a decent score. I would have liked to see a little more in the way of fast banking transitions and ejector air, but it was still decent.

Technical: 8.0 Adrenaline: 5.5 Originality: 7.0 Overall: 6.83 Result: 19th

?????????Thriller????????? ????????? (tracksix)

This was a good coaster. The speed was really good, it was pretty good technically, and the originality was somewhat decent.

Technical:
There was quite a bit of pumping and bumping, but it was good overall. There was a bit of stacking, as the dispatch time was set too high, but there were no major problems. 8.5/10 in shaping, minus .5 for stacking.

Adrenaline:
The speed through the entire ride was very good. The last 5 hills were a touch repetitive, but I'll get to that in the next category. The first drop was AWESOME! I loved going vertical, and it was really intense and fun. The second hill was a bit pointy, but the spiral drop was good. The slanted helix was just a little slow, having only 1.5 g?????????s at the top, and it was the low point of the ride. Then, the finale was really good. Having four identical hills was repetitive, but the speed and airtime through them was very good. So, a nice high score here. There was just a touch of slowness in the middle, but the beginning and ending were very strong.

Originality:
Vertical drop????????? nice. Elevated helix????????? bad. Having 4 identical hills in a row????????? very bad. That last run of hills repeated too much. The hills were all shaped exactly the same, and there was no real break in the layout all the way from the drop off the brakes to the end. Try throwing in different hill sizes, different airtime, and maybe even a turn or two to break the layout up. The sequencing in the first half was decent, but it really didn't stand out as original. Bonus points for the cool station, and the interesting mix of pre-fab spines and custom lateral supports.

Technical: 8.0 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 6.0 Overall: 7.5 Result: 15th

?????????Firebird????????? ????????? (unfortunate_smiley)

Really good adrenaline, awesome originality, and somewhat decent technical. I?????????d say that it will probably make it to Round 2, but it might be close. I liked your original element a lot, and I think that the good adrenaline should easily cover up the technical flaws.

Technical:
Shaping was off in a lot of places. There were tons of bumps and pumps, some transitions that were too fast, and it was off heartline in several places. 6.5/10. Other than that, zero issues. Timing was good, e-stop passed, no collisions, and no contest violations.

Adrenaline:
Nice! The speed in the first half was absolutely wonderful! The first hills, turns, and the helix had wonderful g?????????s and sensation of speed. That speed was sustained through the MCBR, and the next 3 elements as well. Then, it dropped just a touch in the overbanked turn. The beginning of the final hill sequence, through to the original element, were right back into the insane speed. The last few hills dragged a touch, but that still meant that over 80% of the coaster was fantastic! There was just about every different insane force imaginable, including lateral air (my favorite) and some really good airtime in general. A couple of the elements had entrances that were a touch drawn out, but it didn't really effect the sensation of speed. The only issue I have is that the hills in the end began to get a little slow, finishing the ride with a lag. The pacing could have been just a touch better.

Originality:
Wow! Now that is what I call good sequencing. This coaster had everything????????? the insane first drop, floater air, ejector air, intense verts and spirals, overbanked turns, reverse banked turns, a BREAK in the middle of the hill run (the only one that had it) back to the station, and just a great selection of elements in general. This coaster was simply awesome in this department. I loved it!

Technical: 6.5 Adrenaline: 8.0 Originality: 9.5 Overall: 8.0 Result: 12th

?????????Howitzer????????? ????????? (Wing-Over)

Very nice track. The layout was very basic, but it maintained a nice pace with some really intense airtime throughout. On to Round 2 for sure. It finished tied with Real, Myriad, and Thorazine for 1st place, but they all had better adrenaline and originality. Therefore, you get 4th.

Technical:
Perfect. No other words. 10/10, no complaints. Only coaster in the competition to get a perfect 10 in anything.

Adrenaline:
Really good. The airtime was great throughout, and the pace was fast and relentless. There were a couple of transitions with tiny dead spots that drained a touch of adrenaline, and the hills were just a touch repetitive in the traditional B&M style, but the airtime was much better than a real one. Pacing was sustained through the entire ride, and it was really fun. My only gripe is that the drop was curved in a way that negated the sensation of height and danger, which is very important to a hypercoaster. Take a look at Real?????????s track if you want to see how to do an awesome curved hypercoaster drop. So, anyway, good job. Just a couple minor gripes.

Originality:
Here we have a very traditional B&M style. The pacing was really nice, so that is where you got most of your points. The hills were a tiny bit too similar, however. Even the big hills had the same g force experience, of about -1.2 ejector air. This pattern continued all the way through, and that is where the most points came off. I would have liked to see more floater air mixed in. The middle section was very good. The turns were intense, and they set up the last section of hills well. Still, there needed to be just a touch more variety. You did get a bonus for the incredible attention to detail on the coaster. The station was nice with the tunnel and loading stuff, the supports were very nice with the custom track connectors and custom footers, and transfer track. This detail lifted you from 5th to 4th place.

Technical: 10.0 Adrenaline: 8.5 Originality: 8.0 Overall: 8.83 Result: 4th

FINAL RESULTS:

1. Myriad
2. Real
3. Thorazine
4. Wing-Over
5. coasterteddy
6. Matt
7. MF2001
8. Mikado
9. Iron Man
10. Jakizle
11. dcs221
12. unfortunate_smiley
13. screamomatic
14. delousedcoma
15. tracksix
16. Jimmy Yoshi
17. ragan
18. Medusaboy47
19. topdrag
20. bigbadben1000
21. minicoopertx
22. hyyyper
23. coasterguy77
24. krazyt
25. pdonahue
26. Sobek
27. Blader3595
28. Sio
29. Tanks4me
30.(tie) Dragon Fly
30.(tie) drummerkid
30.(tie) EElover2
30.(tie) gazag
30.(tie) SixFlagsOverTexas

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:13 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:14 am

[B)] i think it was an great score for my second NL coaster lol

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:15 am
cjd

Round 2 pairings:

1. Myriad vs. Jimmy Yoshi
2. Real vs. tracksix
3. Thorazine vs. delousedcoma
4. Wing-Over vs. screamomatic
5. coasterteddy vs. unfortunate_smiley
6. Matt vs. dcs221
7. MF2001 vs. Jakizle
8. Mikado vs. Iron Man

The template will be posted after I've had some sleep. I have to wake up in 3 hours, and my brain isn't functioning right after all those ratings. I need some rest.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 5:20 am

^Yea get some rest man. This is as late as Ive been up in months. So Im due for some as well. Been working on something behind-the-scenes for Talon no ones ever seen before.

Looking forward to trying to keep up the pace - its only going to get more furious from here.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 6:09 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Thank you CJD. Go rest [:P] I'm glad I came 6th. Against Dcs221 :|

Regards.

Post March 22nd, 2006, 6:19 am

Points on hand: 2,012.00 Points

Thanks for the very detailed rate, CJD. But FIRST PLACE? Really? Wow... [:)]

*gets all choked up for a second, then composes self*

I've gotta' say that I'm quite pleasantly suprised. So at this rate... Round 2, here I come!

Post March 22nd, 2006, 7:12 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Wow, I am quite surprised, I thought I would just barely squeeze in there, but 10th! Good luck to everyone!

Post March 22nd, 2006, 8:28 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Congrats to everyone who made it to Round 2!
Iron Man looks a nice guy to be paired with (and don't get me wrong[:)]), good luck!
And offcourse; Thank you cjd to put so much effort in this tournament!

Post March 22nd, 2006, 8:35 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Thorazine vs. delousedcoma
Matt vs. dcs221
MF2001 vs. Jakizle
Wing-Over vs. screamomatic

This is definetly going to be the battle of the hand builders and the toolers!

Post March 22nd, 2006, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 2,221.00 Points
i have got to get better at nl
is it possible to make a good coaster by hand

Post March 22nd, 2006, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Sure thing! Just look at Delousedcoma's track (Maverick).. It's silky smooth [:)]

PreviousNext

Return to Contests