Board index Public Relations Contests 2006 NL Tournament (Round 2) - RESULTS pg 17

2006 NL Tournament (Round 2) - RESULTS pg 17

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post April 13th, 2006, 3:09 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm not serious... I just forgot about Kumali. Still, it is a bit too much like the Jazzland contest, so I wouldn't have used it anyway, even if I remembered.

Post April 13th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Why, don;t you choose the arrow stlye coaster, haven't seen hose around for quitte some time.

Post April 13th, 2006, 3:24 pm
cjd

Post April 13th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post April 13th, 2006, 4:01 pm
cjd

Uh... no comment on that one. I hate those things. They really hurt.

Post April 13th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
What would be so difficult with a Voyage or KR recreation? One is an out and back with twister sections still around the main lift. The other is a compact twister within a squarish plot.

Neither deviate too much. Only Black Mamba does both what Voyage and KR do: goes all over the place and features trenches and tunnels.

Post April 14th, 2006, 5:38 am

Points on hand: 79.00 Points

Post April 14th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Well, I wasn't surprised to see I didn't advance, I'm glad you liked my track CJD.

I wanna explian the 'Terrain spikes'... it was just something I did... Anyway, I could have made my track better, but my Dad keeps taking away my computer so I didn't have a whole lotta time to make a track, and thats not just an excuse...

Post April 14th, 2006, 2:44 pm
cjd

UPDATE:

Since this is Easter weekend and spring break for a lot of people, I've decided to postpone the start of Round 3 until Monday. Have a good holiday, everyone, and be sure to be in tip top shape when you come back, because this round is going to be very tough. Have a blessed Good Friday, and a happy Easter.

Post April 14th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
Real: The problem with voyage is the friction. According to Holiday world, it's doing 67mph at the base of the first drop, and 50mph right before the climb into the brakes. No way you can do that kind of speed in NL.

Post April 14th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post April 14th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by cjd

UPDATE:

Since this is Easter weekend and spring break for a lot of people, I've decided to postpone the start of Round 3 until Monday. Have a good holiday, everyone, and be sure to be in tip top shape when you come back, because this round is going to be very tough. Have a blessed Good Friday, and a happy Easter.

CJD, what happened to mentioning Passover?

Post April 14th, 2006, 5:12 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

^I'm still mad at them for destroying a true schwarzkopf classic, so them and their Vekoma SLC can go to hell. [:p]

There's no point in just letting a "Swarzkopf Classic" just sit there if they aren't going to use it. The fact is that the parts are unreplaceable and once it starts goind down hill... it starts going down hill.[;)]
Shwarzkopfs are a dieing breed... I'm sad to say.. unless of course they wanted strip the mechanics and have a company like Premier redesign the track pieces and mechanics.

Post April 14th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Originally posted by Tyler

Real: The problem with voyage is the friction. According to Holiday world, it's doing 67mph at the base of the first drop, and 50mph right before the climb into the brakes. No way you can do that kind of speed in NL.

Thats a given. I doubt hed ask us to do something thats physically impossible.

Especially since its said that Voyage is doing 50 into the final brakes....yea - its going to roxxors.

Post April 14th, 2006, 6:32 pm
cjd

Originally posted by Woodie Man

I didn't know that it was this weekend also. Okay, then, anyone celebrating Passover, enjoy the holiday and all of the matzah that goes with it.

Post April 15th, 2006, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
This is going to be even harder for me [:D] I have an exchange pupil from Slovenia in my house from wednesday till wednesday.. I hope I can still finish a track the week after..

Post April 15th, 2006, 3:14 am

Originally posted by cjd

Originally posted by Woodie Man

I didn't know that it was this weekend also. Okay, then, anyone celebrating Passover, enjoy the holiday and all of the matzah that goes with it.

I dont know what hes talking about. When you made your post Passover already happened. The Passover was the dinner/time before Jesus went into Jerusalem on the day he was crucified. Unless someones on another time schedule...you were correct in the first place.

I see, they meant the actual Jewish Passover which is 7 days long. Crazy people, be more specific!

Post April 15th, 2006, 3:41 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post April 15th, 2006, 2:47 pm
cjd

By the way, for everyone's information...

I have built the ceremonial test coaster on the template, and it was really hard IMO. Therefore, this round is going to be 2 weeks long instead of a week and a half. I mentioned it before, but now it's official. So, you will have from Monday the 17th to Monday May 1st to build.

Post April 18th, 2006, 5:56 pm

CJD...lets try to get this 3rd round up and rollin sir. :)

Post April 18th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

By the way, for everyone's information...

I have built the ceremonial test coaster on the template, and it was really hard IMO. Therefore, this round is going to be 2 weeks long instead of a week and a half. I mentioned it before, but now it's official. So, you will have from Monday the 17th to Monday May 1st to build.

Tuesday the 18th is almost over....

Post April 18th, 2006, 9:56 pm
cjd

Sorry again. I have been spending every hour of the last 2 days studying for finlas, preparing for my spring chorus concert on Friday, and rubbing Tecnu all over myself to try and stop my full-body poison ivy infestation which has kept me from sleeping a wink in the last 48 hours. I'll just say that these last two days have been absolute hell, but when it comes down to it, it is my fault for putting the contest stuff off until the last minute. As soon as I can get some sleep and stop spending 3/4 of my waking hours itching, I'll finish the template and get the third round underway.

Post April 18th, 2006, 10:00 pm

lol @ Poisen Ivy...No one ever showed you what to look for eh?

Post April 18th, 2006, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
Bad things seem to keep happening to our judges...
Perhaps the site is cursed (first GFA, now cjd! Who's next? WHO???).

Anyways, get better cjd!

Post April 18th, 2006, 10:04 pm
cjd

^I thought it was too big to be poison ivy. It was almost 6 inches wide at the base of the tree it was wrapped around. So, like the genius I am, I dragged the logs into the fire pit with the giant vine intact around them, and neglected to take a shower afterward because I had homework to do. I'm an idiot...

Anyway, it is still my fault for not having it up. i had almost all day Saturday to do the contest stuff, but I put it off and decided to play in a satellite to the World Series of Poker instead. (I won, by the way...) I should have had the template done a long time ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests