Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Avatar Theme Park - Coming To Disney

Avatar Theme Park - Coming To Disney

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 22nd, 2011, 11:42 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,557.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

A bit more information was released today when Cameron confirmed to the L.A. Times that he wants to do a flight attraction of some kind. Cameron said, "One of the things people liked the most at test screenings was going up into the floating mountains in the flying sequences."

Another thing is that creatures not yet seen in Avatar will be incorporated. These creatures will be part of Avatar 2 and 3. Construction is slated to begin 2013 and finish 2016.

The Avatar Theme Park will be an expensive one costing approximately $400 million in both construction and licensing costs.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 22nd, 2011, 11:58 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by gazag

very good move here disney and will atract the crowds. im not a fan of the film at all. i wont say i hate it because it is watchable and the cinmatography is beautiful but i didnt really enjoy the plot of the story. im very much a fan of the small budget movies and very few of the large budget.

but to bring pandora to life will be a very very cool thing and will serve disney very well. pandora VS hogwarts will be intresting to say the least

Harry potter has 7 books and 8 movies. This is only one popular movie right now. I think Hogwarts has many more die hard fans that dress up to go to the park.
I don't see as many people going crazy about this, and I think Hogwarts will still be more popular in 2016. Also, Disney does too many rides that kids ride, I'd rather Universal make one Avatar ride than Disney make a whole land.

It will be beautiful, but I definitely see an unexciting Soarin' type ride vs. a harry potter multi-dimensional ride.

Hopefully this will make animal kingdom open later!

Post September 22nd, 2011, 12:08 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

/me invests in blue face paint stock

and loin cloths[:D]

We'd rock the loincloth
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 23rd, 2011, 6:21 am

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points
Originally posted by Oscar

A bit more information was released today when Cameron confirmed to the L.A. Times that he wants to do a flight attraction of some kind. Cameron said, "One of the things people liked the most at test screenings was going up into the floating mountains in the flying sequences."

Another thing is that creatures not yet seen in Avatar will be incorporated. These creatures will be part of Avatar 2 and 3. Construction is slated to begin 2013 and finish 2016.

The Avatar Theme Park will be an expensive one costing approximately $400 million in both construction and licensing costs.

Build my Dive machine Pleasehttp://www.coastercrazy.com/track ... tail/17160[:I][:I]

Post September 23rd, 2011, 11:09 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
My feelings on Avatar: James, I am dissapoint. The man who made the Terminator and Aliens and True Lies makes a movie with an awful plot and it only popular because of the pretty colors...
The park is even more of a fail
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post September 23rd, 2011, 1:57 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

The Pocahontas plot with blue people was fine lolz.

Post September 23rd, 2011, 7:32 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
LEAVE JAMES AND WALT ALONE!
Just kidding,I wonder how(or if) they pull out the mature themes in avatar such as genocide,war and sex...

Post September 26th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,557.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Has any other info been revealed about the avatar theme park?
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 28th, 2011, 12:39 am

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points
Actually I loved the movie and the special effects, plot, and acting was phenomenal!

Post October 28th, 2011, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Live on earths ass

LEAVE JAMES AND WALT ALONE!
Just kidding,I wonder how(or if) they pull out the mature themes in avatar such as genocide,war and sex...

Like how the body part used for sex is the same body part used for riding a horse?
American Eagle Lover

Post November 13th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
seriously, for the last time, it's not for sex, it's for bonding of the spirits. yes, it is used sexually, but it's for way more than- gah. I'm not gonna rage for the sake of ignorance.
I'm excited. Yay avatar, all that. a sucker punch themed area would be way cooler...
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post November 15th, 2011, 4:39 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

Has any other info been revealed about the avatar theme park?

No, they're still in preliminary design stages. Cameron was taken on a special tour into Carsland to help draw some inspiration from that. Details probably wont come out for at least a year.

Post November 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Originally posted by Adrenaguy

seriously, for the last time, it's not for sex, it's for bonding of the spirits. yes, it is used sexually, but it's for way more than- gah. I'm not gonna rage for the sake of ignorance.
I'm excited. Yay avatar, all that. a sucker punch themed area would be way cooler...

Sorry for that misinterpretation. Duh, but what about the other two themes?

Post November 15th, 2011, 5:08 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Cameron was taken on a special tour into Carsland to help draw some inspiration from that. Details probably wont come out for at least a year.

Like how all of the plants in the movie are just real life corals?

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!