Board index Public Relations Contests B&M Hyper Contest, *Results Pg 7*

B&M Hyper Contest, *Results Pg 7*

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post August 3rd, 2010, 8:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
So then there isn't time for me to enter at the last second and pull an Ianko?
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 3rd, 2010, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2010, 1:25 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

A113 You can post your track and Ill rate it accordingly, you can see where you would have placed, if you do it by tomorrow.. and then ill just DQ you.
Im going away for 2 days and all i got is my ipod, Ill finish rating right as i get back

Post August 4th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Damn... Hahaha Alright, Austin. Take your time. As long as you can get the ratings out before Sunday. I am leaving to go to Vegas for a few weeks. Enjoy your trip!

Post August 5th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
So that means I can't pull an Ianko and win.
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 8th, 2010, 11:42 am

Post August 8th, 2010, 12:49 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Damn, I got excited there for a second.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post August 8th, 2010, 4:21 pm

RATINGS:

---Building Techniques (T)--- (Supports, Track, G-Forces, Layout tidiness, No train stacking, realism, etc.)?????????(XX/40)
---Adrenaline (A)--- (Speed, Height, Length, Pacing, Head-choppers, Elements etc.)(XX/25)
---Human/Ride Interaction (I)--- (Guest fly-by's, The look of the ride, Colors, Highway interaction, etc.)?????????(XX/20)
---Track Originality (O)--- (New elements, Layout, Terraforming, etc.)?????????(XX/15)
-----TOTAL (XX/100)-----

I put quite a bit of my time into the ratings so I hope you appreciate them. I tried giving good advice to improving everyone's skills depending on your skill level and I hope you enjoyed being a part of this contest. Results are at the bottom of this post. Hopefully everyone agrees but I'm sure some won't. Points were given while being compared to all other tracks, and then totaled afterwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In no specific order yet:

Incendiary: Supra Six
T: The ride is smooth as glass and really had no noticeable pumping apart from the first drop. The supports are done well and would hold up the ride just fine. There are also minimal supports on the walkways so viewers could easily get right under the ride to check it out. There's no train stacking and capacity is high just like any other hyper. The ride also keeps very realistic characteristics of a B&M. The shaping was ok, and was B&M-like.
(31/40)

A: The ride has great pacing, and has great bursts of speed at points as well. The long short air hill over the road is very well done, keeping a large amount of speed while giving a great amount of floater airtime. Turnarounds are great and the small helix after the MCBR is a fun element and really adds a lot to the ride compared to just a 90 degree turn. The ride has about ten moments of airtime, which is great and keeps the ride fun the whole time. It's tall, fast, and uses its speed and height well throughout the layout.
(21/25)

I: The ride fly's right over the highway twice and large drops and the turnaround can be seen from the road also. Very nice job. The parks new path is great to get nice views of the ride, and the final helix over the pathway is excellent as well, as viewers can get directly underneath the riders. The ride could go near the park more or run beside it, but overall there is nice human/ride interaction within most of the ride.
(18/20)

O: While the track really isn't anything super special, it does have some new ideas that B&M have not put into place before. The long speeding air hill and also the turnaround are different from what is used to being seen. The layout is great and stretches the limits of the park excellently.
(12/15)

TOTAL:: (82/100)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Slither: Stratzzt
I didn't DQ you because everyone can use some tips, and you only broke a guideline, not a rule, which was my mistake, it should've been a rule.
T: There is pumping and bumps present, the ride seems to have a bow shape in the lift hill. The predrop shouldn't be completely transport segments, along with near the end. The ride was under supported in places and over supported in others... it also doesn't follow exact B&M shaping. Also forces bounced around, keep them more in check.
(15/40)

A: The ride is fast, but pacing is a little off, the ride wasn't supposed to go upside down either which was stated in the rules. Since this would be an unfair advantage this section is part of your penalty and will be rated as zero. ?????????Guidelines: No track banked over 125 degrees... (Failure to abide guidelines will result in a penalty) ?????????
(00/25)

I: The ride goes near the park and runs the length for a short while, it also goes near the road and shows its height and speed next to the road, which was well done, crossing the road could've been something you could've done as well.
(16/20)

O: This section has also been given no score as a penalty because of the inversions, the track can't be rated on originality because of the rule. ?????????No track banked over 125 degrees.????????? A Hyper coaster does not invert. The tunnels were fun though.
(00/15)

TOTAL:: (31/100)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Torpedo: Slosprint
T: The ride in terms of smoothness was flawless. There were barely any, if any, noticeable pumps. The rides shaping was good, and supports are done well, but the supports when the track went over the pathway are overdone. ?????????Fenced areas with trees are also good areas for supports. Both are there to help you.????????? This wasn't the case with the mess of supports over the walkway, and not a single support were where the trees where, and bystanders probably couldn't get under the ride because it may require roping off. There were a lot of supports. Maybe less of a larger size, inside the treed in area would've been better. The layout is in a small area, and is tidy enough, but very very tight to be a B&M coaster, stretching it out more would've been good. It may seem a little far fetched for a B&M, and feels like something else when riding, I'm not sure about how fast the transitions are either.. Watch out for the final brake run too, it's on a curved section.. Something that cannot be done with that brake type, because the brake pad needs to go into it straight...
(31/40)

A: definitely the best section and best adrenaline out of every ride. The ride doesn't let up. The double down and double up are exciting and the first element is fantastic. Easily the most thrilling ride out of the bunch here. Many fast paced turns, but definitely not as air time oriented as the other rides, more airtime and sustained longer in places would've been fun.
(23/25)

I: Interaction is good and very bad here. Inside the park the ride is noticeable and towering over everything. But out on the road it is harder to see. You really just see it from the road if you know it's there. And not everyone does. The park really wanted to have guests see the ride and get attracted to the park, and this is the furthest possible the ride could be from the road. The ride does have some nice turns over the park though, but there are a ton of supports on the walkways creating an eyesore as well.
(10/20)

O: The ride is very original, has low to ground turns and everything about it is something B&M hasn't tried yet. But it was something about it that seemed like the ride didn't fit into the layout right. The space wasn't used efficiently and the layout could have been spread across the area much more. It leaves a feeling that it was a pre-built layout that just fit into the building space, instead of something that was built for the park especially. but with a stretched ending that goes out towards the walkway.
(14/15)

TOTAL:: (78/100)

------------------------------------------------------

TNT: Coasterman44
T: There were quite a few problems here, so I'll go in order of how the ride went. The first part is right out of the station. A pre drop would've been more fun rather than the long straight away. The transport section is weird too, with the speed increasing to 10mph, then decreasing to around 6mph for the lift. The drop had one large pump at the top, and the banking was too heavy at the bottom. There are lats that could easily be avoided by banking the track less. The transition from positive g's to negative g's is very quick and jerky on every air hill. You need more of a smooth transition to get rid of that bump and quick +3g to -.6 g forces; they wouldn't be very comfortable to ride either, and B&M's are all about comfort and feeling the great forces they offer. The roadway section is under-supported and requires some kind of bridge or supports connected to the track over the road. Look at some of the other entries and you'll see what I mean. Yours is definitely not strong enough, a large section with high positive forces is present right over the road with no supports. Watch the banking again with the turnaround, you kept the G's in check here, but it's and easy fix to get the laterals closer to 0g's. After the MidCourseBrakeRun you have another banking issue as they reach above 1 lateral force. It could be easily fixed with less banking as well. Over all bank the ride better to create less forces, and watch the supports, and pumps in the track. Also, the MCBR isn't straight, check the ?????????con roll????????? button, it's probably the problem. This ride also doesn't pass E-stop, if you stop the train on the MCBR, it won't make it over the next hill, which is quite a problem.
(22/40)

A: The adrenaline is the best section for you. The ride is generic, but still thrilling, the drop is large and you dive right at the highway in one area. The final turn around the water is exciting, and the ride had nice air, and good forces. It may be a little uncomfortable with the weird laterals, but without them it was a fun, generic, B&M coaster. Also a predrop would've been fun, instead of the long straight section; to get people into the mood.
(20/25)

I: The ride interacted with the road much better than the park. There wasn't anything over the pathways, and the ride was just seen to the side of the park. There weren't any good picture opportunities, and this is something that the park really wanted, because it attracts guests when more pictures are seen of the ride. This could've been done better.
(12/20)

O: This section also could've been done a lot better. The ride really didn't pertain to the park and area perfectly. Kind of like it was a predesigned coaster that just fit in the area. The first half is just like behemoth minus one air hill before the MCBR, and there is really nothing at all original about this ride, other than the final turn over the small pond, and that still isn't incredibly original.
(10/15)

TOTAL:: (64/100)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anaconda: Omnigeek6
T: While the shaping didn't exactly resemble that of B&M's, the ride was smooth. The supports were well done, probably one of the best. Over the walkways, if anything, you could have used the treed areas more as bases. There are pumps in places that can definitely be seen in the back of the car, but they aren't terrible. The layout was nice and tidy, and used the area great. There was no train stacking and the rides forces were fine. The MCBR's speed was a little speedy, it should just be aimed down and not have transport sections, especially ones that bring it up to 15 MPH after the stop. Good track, not the best technically, but not the worst.
(29/40)

A: The ride is fun and has some elements that I haven't seen before that made it more fun. The ride was tall and fast, and the drop was different and fun. Pacing was good, and the ride was fine. The only problem I had was the last turn, it could have been tighter and maybe had an air hill instead of the long turn you have. It didn't offer many forces and was a boring-ish ending. The main turnaround was fast paced and fun though.
(18/25)

I: This ride had the best interaction, and I could just see my self looking straight up during the sideways hill over the road and waving at the cars below. Also it goes over the park nicely, and it really was just great. Nothing short of perfect here, I couldn't see any way of improving it.
(20/20)

O: While it was well done, I'm not sure if the sideways hill is something B&M would do. The ride didn't resemble them that much, and it really didn't feel like I was riding a B&M design for some of it. The addition of the new ride was nice, and the coaster going directly through it was great. The station was nicely designed as well.
(10/15)

TOTAL:: (77/100)

---------------------------------------------------

The Red Dragon: HkatzCoasters
T: This is one smooth ride, there are maybe one or two pumps, and its smooth as glass. But what's up with all the trims? And none of theme were being used. The one after the MCBR was especially pointless. Also your water seemed to slow down the train too much, it doesn't effect the speed that much at all. The ride also has extremely fast transports on the MCBR, something that would never be done in real life, just aim the MCBR down instead of using transports, and don't have the transports set at 17 mph either! Supports were fine and the ride was well supported. The ride had perfect forces and was exactly like a B&M, absolutely great pacing and forces. The layout is effective and uses the space very nicely. This gets the best T score because of how well the ride actually does follow B&M.
(36/40)

A: While the drop wasn't the steepest or the ride the most fast paced, it followed a B&M perfectly. Pacing was spot-on. It was extremely great and the Splash down was fun too. The low to ground turn was very fun at the end and B&M needs to do more! The helices are also strong and nicely done, very fun.
(18/25)

I: Also incredible here. I can imagine flying right next to the highway and the cars be traveling just as fast, so you could be right next to one racing it in a way. Very cool interaction with the road. Nice job The park also has great interaction, while staying in the corner, it's still the perfect amount, and guests get a chance to get right underneath the ride. There weren't too many supports on the pathway but they possibly could've been placed a little better. The splashdown is also great for interaction, but I'm not sure about it's location, as a path would have to be back there for people to notice it more.
(18/20)

O: While not the most original coaster, this screamed B&M and it still had original elements. The low to ground turn is one example, and the helices are all original and fun to ride. Perfect amount of originality.
(11/15)

TOTAL:: (83/100)

---------------------------------------------------

Gargantuan: Markhudson17

T: The layout was really all over the place here, and the shaping wasn't perfect. You had hidden transports on the MCBR that were ridiculously fast. And still, even if you let the ride just go at the end of the MCBR, it wouldn't complete the course, and valley. Your final turns into the station are way to tight, and if you look, the trains actually go inside each other. So definitely those need to be much wider. Supports are fine throughout, and work fine. Watch the forces especially on all the air hills, they are very strong for a B&M.
(20/40)

A: All the air hills in a row reminded me of Goliath at La Ronde, and that is one of my favorite rides, so this was definitely a fun ride. You could've thrown in a predrop since there was space... The drop is very steep and fast and the ride is tall and fun. Good job here. Maybe a few more creative turns would've been nice.
(18/25)

I: Interaction is great, supports could've been a little better placed over the walkways, so they weren't in the way as much. Very nice job with interaction though, can't get much better.
(19/20)

O: The ride wasn;t super orginal, there was low to ground turn but nothing popped out. Just airhills and airhills. A fun ride, but very unoriginal and plain and simple. The first air hill is fast and short, which makes it original, but B&M likes height in all their hills, and they are could've been taller too!
(09/20)

TOTAL:: (66/100)

-------------------------------------------------------

Final Verdict: It was between The Red Dragon and Incendiary, and after I rode them both for the first time they both stood out as the top two IMO. First time I added up all the scores it was a tie at 82 each, and after going back and forth, the amazing flow of The Red Dragon and perfect B&M feel gave it the win over Incendiary. Slosprint was also in the running and very close to the winners score, but the Interaction score hurt since he was so far away from the road the entire time. Good job to everyone though, thanks for submitting, hope you had fun.

First: HKatzCoasters
Second: Supra Six
Third: Slosprint
Fourth: Ominigeek6
Fifth: Markhudson17
Sixth: Coasterman44
Seventh: Stratzzt

Post August 8th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 8th, 2010, 5:20 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post August 8th, 2010, 5:34 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

Post August 8th, 2010, 6:49 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I still didn't see in the original rules where it said that the ride should interact with the road...

EDIT: my brakes weren't curved. If you are referring to the transport, I made that a brake because it allows it to pass estop.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post August 8th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points

Post August 8th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
I think it would also be good to mention that:

HkatzCoasters is the closest to technically perfect.
I have the best interaction with the park.
Slosprint has the most thrilling and original ride.
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post August 8th, 2010, 10:41 pm

^ All very true, as the scores show as well.

Originally posted by devilsrule911

I still can't find page 12 [;)]

woooops

Post August 8th, 2010, 10:48 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I still don't see how my brakes were curved at all

Post August 8th, 2010, 11:33 pm

the final brake cant be on a turn, because the fins wouldn't fit through, it can only be a transport

Post August 8th, 2010, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Thanks, Austin. The ratings really helped. (And you too SauronHimself! Hahaha)
Congratulations to everyone for great entries!

I had a lot of fun with this contest, and I can't wait for more!

Post August 9th, 2010, 11:18 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Congrats HKatzCoasters, your account has been upgraded.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 9th, 2010, 11:23 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Austin

the final brake cant be on a turn, because the fins wouldn't fit through, it can only be a transport

But they weren't on a turn! The brakes are completely straight! if you are mentioning the small segment after the final brakes then they act as only tire transports, no fins are involved.

Post August 9th, 2010, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points

Post August 9th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
^^Slos, I watched ur youtube POV of Torpedo and you are right in saying there are no brakes on a curve. So as far as him saying it's on a curve I don't see what he means unless he means the transports in which case would be okay because as you said fins are not involved.

Post August 9th, 2010, 4:30 pm

This is what I am referring to, it would not work in real life... It has to be a straight section.

The fin would collide with the fin on the train because of the turn.

Post August 9th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
^Correct...that would not work. In the youtube video I watched of his coaster there was not a brake in that position there was a transport. So depending on if slos changed anything you both could be right lol.

Post August 9th, 2010, 6:46 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

That's weird, On my version the brakes were hidden, as seen in the POV. I have no idea what happened.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests