Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa Construction

Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa Construction

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post May 25th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Well, I'm not necessarily impressed, but I do think the ride will be fun. I just wish they upped the G's just a tad on the first half, but I like the pace on this. It has a cool flow about it. I just think that with a little more force it'd be really cool, but I'm sure I'll have a blast riding it anyway.

Not to mention it looks quite sexy.

Post May 25th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Looks like just a solid overall attraction. It's not Maverick or iSpeed, but it's no Big Thunder Mountain Railroad either.

Post May 25th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm not saying it's bad at all (actually looks quite good, especially the hill after the final launch), I'm just saying I feel everyone will make everything they create pace 2-3 times as fast lol.

Unfortunately I don't think the first turn looks as lateral intensive as I was hoping it would be.

And gazag I agree the barrel roll shouldn't be there unless there was another loop or something.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 25th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
I knew it wasn't Maverick caliber, but that's okay. It seems more around CA Screamin' in terms of speed and g's. But I still think it looks fun. I really like the theming.

Post May 25th, 2011, 6:47 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
that still might not be full speed...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post May 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
We got ripped off.

:`(

At least there's an airtime hill to look forward to...

>___>
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post May 26th, 2011, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I like it. I do agree that the barrel roll seems a little out of place unless there is a second one somewhere...but I still like it alot.

Post May 26th, 2011, 10:13 am

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by Metazoanhaddock

that still might not be full speed...

Yea... it barely topped the first launch
You expecting something not being here?

Post May 26th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I think the ending is probably full speed. The train really flies over that last airtime hill. But maybe the front half will be faster which would be crazy...if the theme of Cheetahs is the name of the game, the faster the better right?

Post May 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
This is def one of the most interesting coasters i've seen. Probably really fun at night!

Post May 30th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Points on hand: 781.00 Points
Woot this ride is awesome!

I just got back from Busch Gardens earlier and even though it may look a bit slow,it is actually quite intense and really fun to ride,but not near as intence as a few of the other rides ive been on.
Also I rode it 6 times,all in the front row!

And somebody please tell me why it looks like the whole back part of the ride lacks any of the theming it was supposed to have,even the area around and in the trenches are not themed and filled with dirt.
[:(!]
This is my signiture...Do you like it?

~Cheetah

Post May 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I just got back from BGA myself. After a 1.5 hour wait, I got front row treatment to this ride. Here is my breakdown analysis of it:

1. The initial launch of 30 mph. There are two trains loading at the same time. The first train enters the LSMs going at a constant pace then is launched. However, the second train enters the LSM and stops waiting for train 1 to clear the first block. This creates two different scenarios for the 30 mph launch.

2. The first sweeping turn is uneventful, but it adds a pretty nice touch to the overall area of the park.

3. The 60 mph launch is beautifully paced. You don't realize how fast you are going until right before the hill after the 60 mph launch. The front car gets AWESOME air at the top of the tower.

4. The tower is slow indeed, but you really don't even consider it a buzz-kill. It actually fits in the ride somehow giving a cool view of the park while gaining speed into a fun 130 drop with head-choppers.

5. The straight section after the 130 drop is actually another fun part of the ride, and the banked hills after it pull some nice floater air. The heartline roll was actually a cool aftertouch. The MCBR hardly slowed the train down as well.

6. My favorite part of the ride. The S-curves. This was AMAZING! I was expecting the same lame execution as Skyrocket's S-curves, but I was literally shocked! The scenery and speed created a very fun experience, and it pulled some interesting Gs throughout it.

7. The 40 mph launch once again hardly felt like I was speeding up, so the hill right after it was full of ejector air rather than floater.

8. The last section of the ride was more banked floater air, and it flowed well with the rest of the ride.

9. Believe it or not, the brake run came so soon... The ride is quite long, but it didn't even feel like it lasted long at all! I definitely felt like I wanted more, and I will have to re-ride it a few times to fully appreciate the ride.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post May 30th, 2011, 11:08 pm

But still,Why is the trench theming and the trenches them selves completed?

It still felt like it was missing a lot of theming.

~Cheetah

Post May 30th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Stop complaining, you're lucky you haven't been hunted yourself!

Post June 1st, 2011, 7:17 pm

Wait...What?

Oh.I see.

~Cheetah

Post July 11th, 2011, 6:35 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
i am going to bgt today and going to ride it in the front middle and back
:D

off to bgt i go ....
see all of you later :D

Post July 11th, 2011, 5:28 pm

wow...
i rode it in the back and then the front..
back=more family style ride
front=more thrill n bite..
i dis love the family-thrill-family-thrill aspect of the coaster..
and how each part added to the coaster..
i would say. it is by far the beat intamin launch coaster yet...
:)
wanna ride again :)

Post July 11th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I rode this a few weeks ago, just haven't gotten around to posting a review of any sort. I personally thought the ride felt 10 mph too slow the entire ride, even through the latter parts. The only part that I found exceptionally exciting was the zig-zag part in the canyon. That was a really cool element, and I thought it was pulled off perfectly. The rest of it was just so...meh. The heartline roll had hangtime, which really made it less fun IMO. The hill over the sky ride didn't have any noticeable airtime, and was thus rather boring. The tower at the beginning was a nifty feature, and offered some very nice views of the park before you plunged 100 feet into a trench. Lastly, the opening turn was, in my opinion, the worst-executed part of the entire ride. The lateral G's were towards the inside!! It just felt so slow and pointless.

Overall, I give it a 6/10. Simply put: not as fun as I expected it to be. Like I said most of the ride just felt like it was too slow.

Post July 11th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally posted by boneplaya

I rode this a few weeks ago, just haven't gotten around to posting a review of any sort. I personally thought the ride felt 10 mph too slow the entire ride, even through the latter parts. The only part that I found exceptionally exciting was the zig-zag part in the canyon. That was a really cool element, and I thought it was pulled off perfectly. The rest of it was just so...meh. The heartline roll had hangtime, which really made it less fun IMO. The hill over the sky ride didn't have any noticeable airtime, and was thus rather boring. The tower at the beginning was a nifty feature, and offered some very nice views of the park before you plunged 100 feet into a trench. Lastly, the opening turn was, in my opinion, the worst-executed part of the entire ride. The lateral G's were towards the inside!! It just felt so slow and pointless.

Overall, I give it a 6/10. Simply put: not as fun as I expected it to be. Like I said most of the ride just felt like it was too slow.

where in the train were you riding..
cause i was in the front and had a lot of air
and the back got some pop and goes too

Post July 11th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points

Post July 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by boneplaya

I rode it saturday, i was in tampa after flying into Ft Lauderdale from my vacation in Guatemala with connected family before flying back to Virginia. I will also give it 5-7/10. I just hope they learn from this and can make the similar coaster at Busch better.
You expecting something not being here?

Post July 12th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Honestly guys? You had your standards way too high for this ride! I love this ride for what it offers to everyone. It's no extreme thrill ride, but it has something for everyone!

Post July 12th, 2011, 1:48 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by rcking04

It's no extreme thrill ride, but it has something for everyone!

...except extreme thillseekers...?

Post July 12th, 2011, 2:02 pm

I'm an extreme thrillseeker, and I had a lot of fun on Cheetah Hunt :)

Post July 12th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 638.00 Points
Its a family coaster.. Thats what it is and I respect that. I think everyone over hyped it though to make it seem amazing when it really wasn't. One main issue with it right now is its downtime. It has been having a lot of issues due to the complex computer. I enjoyed the ride and though it was "cute". A lot of the general public love the ride which is great for the park. I think they have a great hit for the public but not us thrill seekers. Now if you speed up all 3 launches by a few miles an hour I think that would make the difference for us that wanted it to be a little more on the thrill side.

On a quick side note I do love how quiet the ride is. When walking under the ride you cannot hear it pass overhead except for those people that are screaming.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!