Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ferrari World *Grand Opening enclosed*

Ferrari World *Grand Opening enclosed*

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
^^exactly. For example, just because phoenix has really light floater doesnt mean that it is bad. You lift like 5 inches off your seat on every hill.

Post November 1st, 2010, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Did nobody notice how I said the seatbelts retract which take a bit away from it, and I really like "light floater air" as seen on the B&M hypers I've been on?

Just like there's more to a ride than a couple broad categories, there's a lot more to airtime than simply the magnitude, Kyle.

Jake, Steel Eel is newer, and I haven't ridden it. When I said what I said, I was mostly thinking of Steel Force, Mamba, Wild Thing, Steel Dragon 2000, and Superman Mexico. Even if Steel Eel is better (and it does look better to me), I'm thinking Steel Force is more average for Morgan given at least the first four of those rides I just mentioned seem to have similar pacing and shaping.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

Steel Eel has much stronger air than all of the Morgans and just as strong as Phantom. Ive ridden everyone except Superman mexico...

I've been on Superman Mexico! [dorkhat]
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 2:25 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

The Morgans are all so different though...Mamba gave GREAT rides while I thought Wild Thing was terrible....with Steel Force right in the middle. They are weird rides.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 9:48 am

Originally posted by dcs221

Did nobody notice how I said the seatbelts retract which take a bit away from it, and I really like "light floater air" as seen on the B&M hypers I've been on?

Just like there's more to a ride than a couple broad categories, there's a lot more to airtime than simply the magnitude, Kyle.

1. Yes i did. But i still remember coming out of my seat on all the hills. Especially the drop. And yes i did see that you like the air on B&M hypers.

2. YES. finally. i hate people that think just because a coaster doesnt have airtime, or doesnt have more than just floater, that it isnt a very good ride!

BTW- does anyone else here miss some of the old b&m hyper stuff, like the old trains, and the pre-dip thing before the drop that MADE the drop on apollos chariot? And the uniqueness of their hypers from one to another. Nitro with its dive turns, and strange banked hills at the end. Apollos chariot with its helixy dive thing, and that amazing hill that tips to the left and then dives, and the bunny hill diving into the ravine and coming up into a high banked swoop to the right into a weird but amazing double down thing before the brakes. And raging bull with all its extremely unique layot, and high banked turns. Every new hyper is just the same drop, no variation on the hills, a hammerhead thing, and some occasional turns. Diamond back is the only really unique-ish one. Just since we brought up b&ms and i thought this.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 10:16 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Yeah they suck pretty hard now. The striaght section before the drop was a fantastic idea I think.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 2nd, 2010, 10:29 am

Post November 2nd, 2010, 1:40 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by SauronHimself

Originally posted by gouldy

It doesn't really matter what they build, buildings, parks, roller coasters or otherwise, who is actually going to go there? The majority of their laws are still based entirely within religious belief. What an utterly ridiculous place.

They also are beginning to run out of their oil money and realising that the tourist trade isn't as big as they'd hoped when they started spending all this money in and around the UAE.

Pointless coaster is pointless. 5 people a year will ride it.

Any point on religion and the Middle East will only lead to a frivolous debate that gets this topic closed. Any point on oil money will only lead to a political debate that gets this topic closed. Try leaving relevant comments such as, "The trim brakes really slow the ride", or, "It looks like there isn't much airtime".

My comment was entirely relevant. My point was that this coaster will fail to draw massive crowds, despite it's world record. Just because I chose to back this up qith reasoning as to why I felt this way, makes my post irrelevant? Go away.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 3:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
People will not go there not because of the religion. The only reason people don't visit is because it's a place in the friggin desert. The only time people go there is if there is a Grand Prix on the circuit next-door.

Only if the UAE can develop in a holiday destination that will attract hordes of people, only then will people come to the park. Muslim laws or not.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 962.00 Points
The company that did most of the design work for that park is right here in Cincinnati. Got to hear one of the guys lecture about it. Really cool stuff.

Post November 2nd, 2010, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
lol weird. Just read something like that on a different site.
This is not my signature.

Post November 4th, 2010, 11:10 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MqLVNmp ... _embedded#!

And the verdict from the reverse POV is that it's still an abysmal pile of poop.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 4th, 2010, 11:27 am

No airtime. No forces. Looks like a b&m with an insane launch and nice lap bars.

Post November 4th, 2010, 11:48 am
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
You can tell by the black girl's boobs that there is zero airtime. I wish it could've been like the reverse POV of Kawasemi filmed by TPR. The woman in the yellow shirt indicated a lot of ejector air.

Post November 4th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2010, 1:23 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
The Kawasemi video from TPR no longer exists, but alternatively you can watch Elyssa on the reverse POV of a clone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-FD00NaxZA

Post November 7th, 2010, 10:01 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Im sad. THought it would be a good ride. :(
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post November 14th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points

Post November 14th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

I smell ban/topic lockhammer.

Please mods. Lock this. This is just making us look horrible.

Post November 14th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points

Post November 15th, 2010, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Originally posted by Tanks4me

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

I smell ban/topic lockhammer.

Please mods. Lock this. This is just making us look horrible.
What? I hope that was sarcasm, because that was being said to a religious debate that never was able to get it's feet off of the ground. We nipped it in the bud...the rest of the article is fine?
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!