Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Iron Rattler SFFT

Iron Rattler SFFT

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 1st, 2012, 7:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I LOVED New Texas Giant, so I really hope I can ride this.

Why Texas Only? Six Flags Magic Mountain, do not build new coaster. Put this treatment on Colossus and Make an epic dueling racer.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post September 6th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
I don't think it would work well on Colussus at all. The existing structure doesn't leave much margin to do anything interesting, and rebuilding the same track profile with the higher friction track system will just result in a slower ride.

If Psyclone was still there that could have been a good candidate.

Post November 26th, 2012, 12:48 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Construction is going along nicely. A couple pics of my visit on the 24th:

Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 20th, 2013, 10:59 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Post May 21st, 2013, 10:18 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

Post May 22nd, 2013, 8:58 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hey it's a mounted POV without "TWISTY..................." being screamed 48 times. Go Coasterforce!

That drop would fantastic in the back if the 3 complete stops at the top of the chain per cycle thing ever broke.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 22nd, 2013, 4:09 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like an okay ride to me. The biggest problem I'm having is that it looks slow on top of the cliff, and when it finally drops again, the ride is over.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 22nd, 2013, 4:17 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah I really think they could have at least made a helix into the brakes or something without adding much expense since it kind of suffers from the Volcano: TBC problem of "OMFGZ FAST - brakes" problem.

Either way going from a neutered and pissed on carcass of your former self to this is an improvement. I support the initial mods but not to the extent they went at it since quite frankly the unmodified POV of it was just stupid engineering, especially the drop. It really shows how ridiculous the original drop was if the steel reprofile of it is still less intense and it's friggin steel as opposed to wooden track and a PTC train.

Then again I'm sure when Full Throttle opens the speed problem will be even worse on that one.

Post May 22nd, 2013, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^[approve]

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Then again I'm sure when Full Throttle opens the speed problem will be even worse on that one.

What is this supposed to mean, exactly?

Post May 22nd, 2013, 4:44 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

It launches through a giant loop, turn a and a twisty thing, and then down a rather large hill into a brake run in a tunnel. It hit the brakes at like 60mph. You don't need have a simulated E-stop as part of the ride experience.

I'd rather have it cruise through the brakes, fail to make it over the top of the loop (uninverted side), rollback, and then get a "boost" its second time in the tunnel after it fails to make it over the twisty thing, but I'm not the designer so my opinion is irrelevant.

My idea would use less energy than the current set up probably too but whatever....

Post May 22nd, 2013, 10:03 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iron Rattler is a very short ride....

It really feels like it is missing something, another element. It needs to find itself a mid-course break and another 20-30 seconds of ride time to really be equal to the ride it replaced.

When it's not trying to eject you from your seat it's trying to in you in it.

Post May 23rd, 2013, 9:59 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by Mikey

Iron Rattler is a very short ride....

It really feels like it is missing something, another element. It needs to find itself a mid-course break and another 20-30 seconds of ride time to really be equal to the ride it replaced.

When it's not trying to eject you from your seat it's trying to in you in it.

Equal to the ride it replaced??? Rattler was sh*t and Iron Rattler is kickass! I'd rather have a short, super quick and intense ride any day over some crap with a MCBR that drags on with unexciting bits.

Post May 23rd, 2013, 12:37 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Jakizle
Equal to the ride it replaced???

Maybe he means the year it opened.

Then again that is probably the only reprofiling (just the drop) I would ever support as an enthusiast, because that original drop looked like a pile of bad ideas

Post May 23rd, 2013, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I've never ridden the old and probably wont get to ride the new, but the old seemed to have a certain character about it. The new also has a unigue character to it and I am sure its pretty good, but even with the new track the bit on top of the cliff still seems pretty dull and looks like it crawl, cant say for sure because I havent been there, but it llooks like it.
What are these for?

Post May 23rd, 2013, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

There is fantastic airtime and hangtime on the top cliff portion, so I'm not sure what all of the whining about. The POVs were also taken on empty trains and in colder temperatures.

Post May 23rd, 2013, 6:51 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

What I meant was Iron Rattler time wise was not equal to the ride it replaced. It's a very short ride as it is missing about 800-1000 ft worth of layout compared to that of the pile of poop it replaced.

You have heard me say before some of the things that used to happen to the Rattler, pieces falling off, injuries, etc

Post May 23rd, 2013, 8:11 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points

Post May 23rd, 2013, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm not really complaining honestly, like I said I will probably never get to ride it anyway, I'm just pointing out it still loses quite a bit of speed on the cliff, not blaming rmc nor sic flags for that, its just simple physics and logic
What are these for?

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!