Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kid Dies After Falling from Waterslide at Mount Olympus!

Kid Dies After Falling from Waterslide at Mount Olympus!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Florida teen dies after fall from Mt. Olympus water park slide
By Greg Neumann
Dec 22, 2016

LAKE DELTON (WKOW) -- A 16 year-old boy fell to his death late Wednesday night after climbing up a closed outdoor waterslide at a local amusement park.

Lake Delton Police have yet to identify the teen who died, but said he was staying at the Mount Olympus resort with his family, which was visiting from Florida.

"They'd never experienced the cold and the snow and so they were coming up to ski and enjoy the winter time events that we have here in Wisconsin," said Lake Delton Police Chief Daniel Hardman.

But tragedy struck on a night that began with harmless fun for the teen victim, his brother and another friend.

"They'd been sledding at different locations, but they actually approached a seven foot tall fence that was securely locked and entered the area that was closed and restricted," said Chief Hardman.

The victim then decided to climb on to one of the park's outdoor waterslides despite his brother and friend trying to discourage him.

"He got about halfway down and got stuck in snow that had accumulated on the slide. We're not sure if he was just trying to unstuck himself or if he was trying to stand up, but he did fall approximately 35 feet from that structure on to another slide that was below it," said Chief Hardman.

A paramedic happened to be driving by Mount Olympus when the call went out that a male subject had fallen off a slide and responded immediately. But EMS crews were not able to save the boy.

Chief Hardman said he feels like the fences surrounding the closed areas of the park do provide a reasonable level of safety.

"I mean, you could make the fence ten feet tall, these kids are athletic enough that they could have scaled that. I mean, there is - like I said - there's a point of personal responsibility and I believe the resort owners were well within all safety standards," said Chief Hardman.

But the ultimate decision on that will be made by investigators from the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, who will look into the accident.

As for the other two boys involved in the trespassing, they will not be charged with any crime.

"This is tragedy enough," said Chief Hardman. "There would be no point to that."

Source

Looks like the kid trespassed and ended up dead. For once it's not the park's fault.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
Oh, look, you hear that?

From miles away, I hear comments...

Comments from the GP...

The stupidest things us enthusiasts have ever heard...

"SHUT DOWN THIS MOTHERF**CKING THING RIGHT NOW MT OLYMPUS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PARK IN THE WORLD OMG OMG OMG EVERYONE PANIC"
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

rip :( unfortunate the kid died, trespassing or not. Thankfully the park has no fault here as the kid did illegally enter the park when it was closed.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,265.00 Points

Very unfortunate.

On a different note: The ads on the page are listing kids slides and a roller coaster book.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I used to think Florida was a cool place, but then I got older and remembered that it's so bad that the notoriously stubborn "South" treats it like a bastard child while refusing to acknowledge it exists, and this is the region that thinks its better to poison infants with gasoline in the groundwater than to admit the EPA did a good thing. The only other thing Florida is good for is collecting all of the hyper annoying people from Cedar Point that haven't figured out yet that they can make the same money while staying in Ohio working 25 hours a week at Starbucks without incurring the financial hardship of moving 1000 miles. Then again they all voted for Trump while simultaneously being gay (seriously the park attracts a huge gay demographic, but that's mostly because of the homelessness issue that happens when jesus parents kick their gay kids out of the house when they hit 18 that nobody talks about but that's another thread), so the 5th grade reasoning skills aren't a strong point in the bunch.

So upon reading that the satirical definition of a theme park in White Trash Disneyland allowed this to happen, and that it killed a Florida native, a "meh" will be uttered and I'll chuckle at it.

The only solace we have is that Florida will become a humanitarian crisis in the next 30 years when the rising sea levels absolutely wreck their karst (limestone caves like Half Life Episode 2) groundwater system and flood the state as sea level rises at a record pace that aggradation (dying sea shells make sand that piles up at some rate relative to the rate that water is rising/falling) cannot have a chance at keeping pace with. Maybe then that shithole will stop ruining the planet with shitty election outcomes that have global consequences like the catastrophic failure that was the George W Bush presidency.

Over the next decade or two, (probably earlier), the keys will be obliterated and they'll all wonder why.

I'm sure the Southern USA will be very receptive to the flood of Floridian refugees like they've been accepting and tolerant of everything else in the past.

Then again I'm really drunk right now and this is super insensitive but screw that area.
Attachments
Untitled.png
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I tried to think up a good, lengthy post where I would subtly vent my bottled up political frustrations, but all I got was this s**tty meme.

In other news, Mt. Olympus is now deadly in both the operating season and the off season.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!