Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kings Island - 2009 B&M Hyper Construction

Kings Island - 2009 B&M Hyper Construction

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 11th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Looks like they are taking alot of Maverick style ideas...but I guess it does fit into the park area with Beast back there...I still love the logo.

Post April 17th, 2009, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Post April 17th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^Nice, I was just looking for a POV of it.

The helix into the MCBR looks strong, and those first few hills are going to be fun from the back seat.

Post April 17th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Originally posted by guitarplayer673

http://www.wlwt.com/video/19207520/index.html

Wow, here's the first POV of this thing, and I have to say I'm impressed.

It looks good but it just seems to lack the character that Apollos Chariot, Raging Bull, and Nitro have. Nitros final bunny hops are ridiculously good because there so close together so your off you butt more than your on it during them Each one is a little different in the air it gives especially the middle one which doesn't look intense at all but really give a solid strong floater airtime, followed by the last one where it drops like 50 ft. Apollos chariot has its awesome finale with the giant hills after a small one and the flat section followed by that yanking drop. Also why no more pre lift drops any more like Nitros. I know its minor but it gets people pumped while they're in line and it even gives a decent pop of air. I know this will be a very good ride but I just feel that its gonna be the same exact airtime on every hill.

Post April 17th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
I think it's because of the new trains are longer they can't really do a straight section no more....unless the do a really longer section like Apollo.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post April 17th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Originally posted by sapporo93

I think it's because of the new trains are longer they can't really do a straight section no more....unless the do a really longer section like Apollo.

They really should make hills like the twisted crazy ones like this again like their older hypers had.

Big one: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/927/nitroq.jpg

Post April 17th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points

Post April 17th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Couple things, 1. That overbank turnaround is mad intense, AND I LIKE IT!, and 2. That helix right before the water bank has some lats and a very odd lead in, dont ya tank?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post April 17th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

I saw that too...

But... That first drop looks insane!!!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post April 18th, 2009, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I doubt the helix has any lats, but the leadin is definitely different, yet cool.

I think it looks pretty good...the reverse POV actions hints at a lot of airtime.

Post April 18th, 2009, 3:30 am

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
I have heard comments that the air time is great and really smooth. I'm just an observer. Can't ride it.
Trackwalker

Post April 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by blackhand1001
It looks good but it just seems to lack the character that Apollos Chariot, Raging Bull, and Nitro have.

Also why no more pre lift drops any more like Nitros. I know its minor but it gets people pumped while they're in line and it even gives a decent pop of air. I know this will be a very good ride but I just feel that its gonna be the same exact airtime on every hill.

First, RB has character? Its unique...but its character sucks. lol.

And Nitro doesnt have a predrop. For someone with Nitro in their avatar, Id expect you to know that? RB and AC have those, no one else.

Post April 21st, 2009, 5:32 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ I think he means the little drop out of the station into the turnaround back up into the brake pad at the bottom of the lift.

My oh my, that drop just keeps getting steeper, huh?

Post April 21st, 2009, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,687.00 Points

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:00 pm

Originally posted by Real

Originally posted by blackhand1001
It looks good but it just seems to lack the character that Apollos Chariot, Raging Bull, and Nitro have.

Also why no more pre lift drops any more like Nitros. I know its minor but it gets people pumped while they're in line and it even gives a decent pop of air. I know this will be a very good ride but I just feel that its gonna be the same exact airtime on every hill.

First, RB has character? Its unique...but its character sucks. lol.

And Nitro doesnt have a predrop. For someone with Nitro in their avatar, Id expect you to know that? RB and AC have those, no one else.

Prelift not predrop. The little turn with the drop on it before the lift hill.

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I can't imagine that prelift element pulling any air less than .3 Gs.

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:08 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I can't imagine that prelift element pulling any air less than .3 Gs.

Back row the transition out of the station is pretty quick and abrupt.
I also think that Diamandback would be better if its had some twisty parts like these.
http://coasterbuzz.com/CoasterPhoto.ashx?id=2940
http://gallery.lonestarthrills.com/main ... alNumber=4
http://www.coastergrotto.co.uk/pictures ... 174c08.jpg
http://www.bgescape.com/Gallery/albums/ ... 2/3~19.jpg

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
Imo the airtime looks great. In the backwards POV, the girl behind the front guy in the red shirt, to the right, always put her hands down as the trains went over the hills... then her hands would go back up. haha[lol]

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yes, there is no airtime on that transition in the back. The change in lats is probably greater than that of positive g's at the top of that turnaround.

I don't think Nitro's 2nd hill is that good...the turn kills all back row airtime. Shaping it more like Apollo's 3rd hill would be amazing, as it still has a sweet turn starting up high, but the airtime is there all the way until the pullout. Much better...Nitro's 2nd hill, while fun, is almost a waste of 190 feet.

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:44 pm

^It does have some air on in the back right before the turn and on the turn it gets this weird lateral kinda air. In the front it gets a ton of air.

Post April 21st, 2009, 6:58 pm

The air on the way down is almost non-existant, especially relative to that of Apollo's Chariot on the similar hill that I noted. The shaping just isn't optimal for airtime in a curving hill section...it's more for a quick transition into a steeply banked drop, which I don't think is nearly as exciting.

The front does get air on the first half of the hill, because it's a completely normal hill section. The only significant difference starts at the apex with the banking. You get a little stronger air in the transition if you're in the front left, but then (like on most larger B&M hills anyways) you're in your seat the whole way down.

My point is, ascents are more important in the front of the train, and drops are more important in the back, and the back on that drop is much less exciting than it might be if it were shaped differently, even with the 90*ish turn still being a feature.

Post April 21st, 2009, 7:16 pm

Theres more than just airtime you know and Nitro has plenty of airtime anyway. Its far from boring and I bet the GP are too thrilled or scared to care about when it feels like their falling off the side from the lats in the back. Also I like Apollos chariot about as much as Nitro so I am not against you.

Post April 21st, 2009, 7:48 pm

If you have a 190' tall hill, why minimize forces like they have...in all directions...without having airtime? They did the same thing with the 4th camelback on Nitro...fun ride but not nearly as good as it could be.

I guess GP also doesn't notice that El Toro is more thrilling than Rolling Thunder...I bet the GP are too thrilled and scared to care that ET is much taller, with stronger forces, more airtime, steeper drops, smoother transitions, and faster pacing. Good call.

Post April 21st, 2009, 8:40 pm

Neither hill is forceless. Both have tons of positive Geforces and lats. And the 4th hill gets air in the entire train.

Post April 21st, 2009, 9:30 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I got no air on Nitro. Personally, that ride was a big bore after all the hype about how great its supposed to be.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!