Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Largest GCI to China (Mountain Flyer)

Largest GCI to China (Mountain Flyer)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 7th, 2011, 7:54 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Still looks like it doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile. I mean really yes it's going fast but for how drawn out the ride is it still looks really weak to me. The "greats" you all describe look significantly more rapid fire than this thing is.

**prepares for barrage of hate spam**
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 7th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Looks awesome to me. It definitely gets pretty slow near the end but keep in mind the train is empty and the ride really hasn't had time to break in yet. Renegade is the only GCI I have any experience with, but within 2 or 3 years of it's opening it was going a good 5-10 mph faster through the finale section than it was when it opened.

Post February 8th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

now that is a show piece if i ever seen one. GCI should be very proud of it
Making screams come true

Post February 8th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Originally posted by fear the four

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm
Again the Apple Computers of coasters.

Yeah, My Mac runs smoothly with little to no maintenance.

Must agree with the Mac comment. Mine hasn't frozen. Ever.

2 years and still in perfect health. :)

To everyone who says that GCI's are a waste of already depleting forests- Have you ridden Thunderhead at Dollywood? I was more impressed by that ride than I have been almost any other, it was up there with Maverick.

Post May 15th, 2011, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
One of these for England please. Darting through the gardens at Alton Towers.......Never going to happen.

Post May 15th, 2011, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
^^Please help me haha. Mine is two years old, freezes constantly (sometimes with black-roll), and it has no third-party programs other than Chrome and Minecraft.

As of right now, it's worse than this Windows computer. And it's running Vista. This thing hardly crashes at all, but my Mac is so temperamental. Until the more expensive, yet more crashy MacBook with no true demanding programs like Vegas outperforms this cheaper desktop computer that somehow blows its performance out the water, then I will be sold on Apple.

Besides, as you can tell by my avatar, I'd like to NOT lost Newton. [:)]

Post May 15th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Windows has never given me any problems and it works great.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 15th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I haven't had any major problems with either OS, but I've experienced more than my share of minor issues on Windows and I can't remember a single time I saw my Mac love up in any way, shape, or form. Also, there are so many nice things I've come across on Mac OSX that I've tried to do with windows that just don't work. They're subtle things, and they only matter once in a while, but when they do, they're really handy. Big one: Expos?????????. The ability to see all of my open windows at the tap of a button (or the swipe of a few fingers on my macbook) and drag and drop between them is really really nice. I've also become addicted to Spaces and using my windows VM without spaces is a bit of a pain occasionally. Things like that are why I prefer macs over PCs. This is not to say that I don't love having Windows open on my other monitor whenever the hell I want it. That's come in handy more times than you can imagine.

Post May 15th, 2011, 9:07 pm

^I agree, Windows needs Spaces and a better Expose (Windows Flip sucks). Nonetheless, I prefer Windows. It's more open and has more programs, and so far, works better than my Mac. And it has Newton. <3

So...about that China coaster...

Post May 15th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Yeah, I can see Newton as being a decision maker for a lot of people, if they don't want to worry about setting up a virtual machine.

Anyway, Mountain Flyer. it's a pretty cool ride, dontcha think?

Post May 15th, 2011, 11:24 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
I thought that looked awesome. I would definitely be having a blast when riding it. Lots of continuous pops of air...me likey. [approve]

Post May 16th, 2011, 2:37 am

Points on hand: 636.00 Points

Post May 16th, 2011, 11:45 am

Post May 16th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
I use VMware and I can't save on RCT2. It skips and glitches often. It will also randomly exit out of it and I cant name rides. Half of the games I had on my old windows don't work with the updated stuff on the virtual machines.

Post May 16th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally posted by boneplaya

Yeah, I can see Newton as being a decision maker for a lot of people, if they don't want to worry about setting up a virtual machine.

How about just plain preferring Windows? [:P]

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!