Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 4th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
^ I'll say only one. Goudurix is a very very painful Vekoma looper, and Tonnerre de Zeus was too rough to be enjoyable the last time I rode it..

Post April 4th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
See, but I probably wouldn't mind TDZ's roughness at all. In my eyes, it is the only coaster that has the capability of being better than Boulder Dash.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post April 4th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Really? Based on the POVs I've seen, unlike Boulder Dash Tonnerre de Zeus doesn't really even stand out too much amongst CCI coasters. To me, if you're not considering roughness, rides like Rampage, Tremors, Ghostrider, and Legend seem to be right up there with Tonnerre de Zeus. Then what about other standout wooden coasters like the GCI 'Wood Coaster' in China, Fireball, Voyage, Hades, Thunderhead, El Toro, and T Express? Then even that's not considering all the amazing steel coasters out there. No way Tonnerre de Zeus is as exciting as Bizarro, Expedition GeForce, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, or Maverick, for example. I dunno, I just don't see it. To each his own though, I guess.

Post April 4th, 2012, 4:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I agree with Devilsrule
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I think there's finally a B&M invert that bests Montu in my opinion...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post April 4th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

^I personally thought Alpengeist was more fun than Montu...but yes this does look slightly more thrilling. I really like the placement of the inversions and the first drop seemed amazing.
Live, Laugh, Love!
--David K. Jr.

Post April 4th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

Really? Based on the POVs I've seen, unlike Boulder Dash Tonnerre de Zeus doesn't really even stand out too much amongst CCI coasters. To me, if you're not considering roughness, rides like Rampage, Tremors, Ghostrider, and Legend seem to be right up there with Tonnerre de Zeus. Then what about other standout wooden coasters like the GCI 'Wood Coaster' in China, Fireball, Voyage, Hades, Thunderhead, El Toro, and T Express? Then even that's not considering all the amazing steel coasters out there. No way Tonnerre de Zeus is as exciting as Bizarro, Expedition GeForce, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, or Maverick, for example. I dunno, I just don't see it. To each his own though, I guess.
What makes Tonnerre de Zeus stand out to me is that there doesn't seem to be a moment of rest in terms of pacing. There seems to be a change of force at every moment and unlike a lot of the CCIs you mentioned, there seems to never be a dull moment, with either laterals or airtime. Plus there are some surprise moments in the back seat with a surprise drop, a surprise moment of laterals and some hidden airtime in the middle of the final section with all the turns. What I notice with some CCIs, like Excalibur, Boss, Cheetah, and even Boulder Dash just to name a few, the ending seems kind of lame, but Tonnerre de Zeus's ending is probably the best part of the ride. Front POVs don't do it for me but if you ever see a back seat pov, it looks really intense. In terms of the other coasters most seem to have that aggressive attitude to them; just not as much going on. I could be utterly disappointed when/if I ride it, but it is simply based off of observation of POVs I've seen.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post April 4th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally posted by CoasterPeeps3

^I personally thought Alpengeist was more fun than Montu...but yes this does look slightly more thrilling. I really like the placement of the inversions and the first drop seemed amazing.

Alpengeist does have "bigger" beginning than Montu, but everything after the MCBR on Alpengeist is just god-awful.

Plus, I'd ride a batwing over a cobra roll any day on an invert!

Post April 4th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
WOW it lasts really long! I felt like it was going to end after the cork-zero-g thing but it has a zero-g roll and a helix and turn after that! I like how the zero-g is the last element instead of the typical 2nd or 3rd.

Post April 5th, 2012, 12:50 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Layout looks indeed fun, but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough to beat the old school inverts.

Post April 5th, 2012, 6:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I really love that last little Zero g roll, between the station building and brake run/maintenance. What a really good looking coaster!

Post April 5th, 2012, 9:47 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:25 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Originally posted by devilsrule911

Originally posted by dcs221

What makes Tonnerre de Zeus stand out to me is that there doesn't seem to be a moment of rest in terms of pacing. There seems to be a change of force at every moment and unlike a lot of the CCIs you mentioned, there seems to never be a dull moment, with either laterals or airtime. Plus there are some surprise moments in the back seat with a surprise drop, a surprise moment of laterals and some hidden airtime in the middle of the final section with all the turns. What I notice with some CCIs, like Excalibur, Boss, Cheetah, and even Boulder Dash just to name a few, the ending seems kind of lame, but Tonnerre de Zeus's ending is probably the best part of the ride. Front POVs don't do it for me but if you ever see a back seat pov, it looks really intense. In terms of the other coasters most seem to have that aggressive attitude to them; just not as much going on. I could be utterly disappointed when/if I ride it, but it is simply based off of observation of POVs I've seen.

Well... I've ridden Tonnerre de Zeus, and out of the steelies dcs mentioned I've only ridden EGF, to which I clearly prefer Tonnerre (it's my number 1 coaster still, but I've only ridden 7 woodies I believe). However, these rides were some years ago. It's hard to compare wood and steel anyway, I guess dc is right and it's just a matter of taste. On your POV thoughts, you're certainly right that Tonnerre's layout is unique in offering lots of variety, and indeed every element is quite intense! Although I do not at all think that the ending was the best part of the ride, the airtime there is still very good and the lats on the last turn are killer.

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:28 am

hyyyper, I understand what you mean. Though I don't have too many point of comparison, I remember when I get off Dragon Challenge, I had to take a break before riding the other side, while here you can easily lap after lap.

But that's not a default for me, it still deliver good g's (positive AND negative) and doesn't feel slow or dull.

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:33 am

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
Originally posted by KingRCT 3

I remember when I get off Dragon Challenge, I had to take a break before riding the other side, while here you can easily lap after lap.

Good news, I feared it would have been too intense especially from the bottom of the diveloop to the loop. You see me reassured. [;)]

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points
NIce but...meh Goudurix is still Asterix's go to ride.
YES!

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I felt like Dueling Dragons was at just the right intensity, and I had no problem riding it over and over without waiting when I was there at night. Batman, on the other hand, I wouldn't want to reride more than maybe once. This looks like a sweet ride with some great qualities, but I greatly prefer banking whips to strong positive forces, and this doesn't have a lot of whip to it. I'd take Montu for the speed and rotations, though I've ridden neither.

Post April 5th, 2012, 12:51 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I like my rides powerful. I could do rides on Goliath, Batman or Flight Deck back-to-back for hours and still beg for more [:D]

Post April 5th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Here a second video with some offride shots and a backseat POV. Enjoy the awesome drop!

Post April 5th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

I think there's finally a B&M invert that bests Montu in my opinion...

Yeeeeah Montu's really really fun but I remember it being a lot more fun 6 or 7 years ago when I first rode it. I think Nemesis at least and possibly Katun and Afterburn are probably better than Montu, I just have yet to ride those ones.

You know Raptor might be better than Montu... anyway..

Originally posted by hyyyper

Layout looks indeed fun, but I'm afraid it won't be powerful enough to beat the old school inverts.

Yeah I don't know if it's necessarily power. This seems to be intense, but there's something about the old inverts that will probably never be beatable, considering the layouts. And those first drops with the pre-drops, certain shaping stuffs you get what I mean maybe.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 5th, 2012, 6:48 pm

^Raptor at CP?

I have to admit, Raptor has an incredibly powerful second half compared to Montu, but as I said before, I'd take a batwing over a cobra roll any day on an invert!

Post April 5th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

I bet that's alot of fun by looking at this video you can even get sprinkled in one of the short tunnels. Watch out for that.

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Originally posted by coasterbum

I bet that's alot of fun by looking at this video you can even get sprinkled in one of the short tunnels. Watch out for that.
You really couldn't have worded that any other way? lol

Post April 5th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points
Originally posted by devilsrule911

Originally posted by coasterbum

You really couldn't have worded that any other way? lol

Get your mind out of the gutter you sick pervert!
YES!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!