Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Oz'Iris - B&M Invert - Parc Ast??????rix

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 6th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Onride video filmed and provided by KingRCT 3

For 2012 at Parc Asterix. I knew it was only a matter of time before they pulled an invert without a pre-drop.

http://www.rcdb.com/9675.htm
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on January 6th, 2012, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 6th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks awesome. I like pre-drops though.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 6th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Looks a little different than your typical B&M Invert. Too bad I probably won't ever go to Parc Asterix :(

Post February 7th, 2011, 12:00 am

Post February 7th, 2011, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post February 7th, 2011, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Thats love' awesome! I've been to Parc Asterix before, and although the park was pretty damn cool, it was never in my top 3 because it really felt like it was lacking something important. That is going to be an AMAZING addition to the park, I can guarantee you that. Disney is going to have some competition!

And if you don't get my reference to that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_Ast?????????rix

--EDIT--

P.S. I agree with Gerty. It was only a matter of time before that pre-drop disappeared on at least 1 B&M invert. Sexy lookin' though!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 7th, 2011, 9:14 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Looks interesting. Few things I'm uncertain about from that picture, though:

I know this is just a photo of a print screen of a computer model, but something hits me as slightly weird about the size of the vertical loop in comparison with the size of the immelman that follows it.

I think the reason the immelman looks much bigger is because it's coming up from out of the floor, whereas the loop is entirely above ground. But that leaves me wondering what's going on there between the loop and immelman. It looks like it might just be a straight section of track, which would be slightly disappointing... although it does dive into the ground.

Post February 7th, 2011, 11:00 am

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
No one said a computer model had to be perfect to show the layout of a ride, just look what Ron Toomer does/did to show Arrow a layout idea, a very basic model with a single red wire to represent the track and white sticks to show supports.

Is Toomer dead? He was pretty old back in the day when Arrow was showcased on TV for their Pipeline experiment.

Anyhoo...ride looks fun, their pre-drops were pretty small anyways for the inverts, that drop and turn look intense.

Post February 7th, 2011, 1:36 pm

The pre-drops may have been small on the invert, but made alllllll the difference for a back-seat ride. Raptor, Montu, and Batman in the back were all amazing into the drop because you collected enough speed by the point of the drop's beginning for a great whip followed by the graceful fall of the inverted drop...*sigh, this does look badass though.

-On second thought, that drop looks cool. If it's not too much different from this model, I think some inverted airtime into a declining turn will be awesome, especially since it swerves up into that dive loop.

Post February 7th, 2011, 7:14 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Originally posted by Onjin

Is Toomer dead? He was pretty old back in the day when Arrow was showcased on TV for their Pipeline experiment.

Nope... he's 80 years old now. (born in 1930)
He's just one of those guys who looks a lot older than he actually is. In those TV specials where he was talking about the pipeline coaster, he was only about 64.

Unrelated note: Karl Bacon, the co-founder of Arrow Dynamics, lived to be 98.

Post July 28th, 2011, 6:52 am

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
C'mon, let's speak about this new B&M Invert coming along at the Parc Ast?????????rix! [:D]

Pictures will say it all: construction has already started (!)

All tracks are on their supports in the station area, so is the transfert-track and the garage. The station is nearly finished as concerns the technical things (4 walls + 1 roof = a station, right?) now they are going to go further with theming.

BUT

LOOK

FRESH PIX FROM YESTERDAY

I am SO excited, look at that first drop! Twistyyy and NO pre-drop, that will be amazing in last row for sure!!

I will ride it next year, that will be my first B&M ever and I'll start with an Invert with an amazing layout... WOW !!

Edit: photos fixed

Post July 28th, 2011, 7:02 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
You never rode a B&M before LeFLO? Phantasialand isn't too far away from Belgium and it has a pretty good B&M Invert. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 28th, 2011, 7:10 am

I know. But I live on the border between France and Belgium, so Phantasialand is 350km away, but I don't figure out why my parents don't want to go there... They do know that it's an amazing park, I've told them too much about Phantasialand so that wouldn't think about going there lol.

Anyway. Parc Ast?????????rix is more easily accessible (250km of highways, and to go to Phanta it's 250km of highways and 100km of routes, much longer drive).

Post July 28th, 2011, 7:22 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2011, 9:23 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by LeFLO

I know. But I live on the border between France and Belgium, so Phantasialand is 350km away, but I don't figure out why my parents don't want to go there... They do know that it's an amazing park, I've told them too much about Phantasialand so that wouldn't think about going there lol.

Anyway. Parc Ast?????????rix is more easily accessible (250km of highways, and to go to Phanta it's 250km of highways and 100km of routes, much longer drive).

Ahh... That explains it a bit more. But what about Walygator Parc? On layout it's the same as Raptor, only a tad lower in height. But then again, it's a tad longer in length... [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 28th, 2011, 9:31 am

Lol, Walygator is near Metz, so it's also 350km from here and I don't want to go to Walygator and drive for 350 km to ride a B&M in a shitty park.... I'll wait for this one. :P

Post July 28th, 2011, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Originally posted by alton_

The lack of a pre-drop is freaking me out.

I am loving it. Worked for Hydra, why wouldn't it work here?

Given the right ride, a pre-drop can be somewhat dissapointing. I think the fact that it's an invert with no pre-drop could be a bit more exciting. Just my opinion though. Too bad I will probably never make my way across the pond for this park. Ah well, still nice to admire the pictures. :D

Post July 28th, 2011, 10:40 am

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
I guess those ride operator's are going to have to be on their toes, and be able to program that chain lift to stop at just the right time, EVERY TIME, as to not put excess stress on the chain due to not having a pre-drop. There's a reason Montu and all other old B&M invert's have lasted as long as they have -- pre-drops, which GREATLY reduce stress on the chain. I also think pre-drops help ride ops not have to focus so much on stopping the chain lift at the exact right time, because the pre-drop almost completely takes away that responsibility. It doesn't have to carry the rest of the train through the lift hill, the pre-drop already uses that momentum to speed up the process. That is unless chains are programmed to stop automatically which in that case, shoot me for having my facts wrong.

Also, having a pre-drop actually gives the ride a little more speed going down the drop and, at least I think, adds to the feeling of airtime, because you're dropping at a faster speed right off the bat.

That's just me though... >__>
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post July 28th, 2011, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

B&M has fixed the problem that required them to have pre drops though...notice they have been gone for a while now (all the new hypers, hyrda, etc)

Post July 28th, 2011, 11:04 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
YEAH MAN THINGS FROM THE 90'S ARE F***ING OLD MAN. THEY BUILDS THEM RELIABLE.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 28th, 2011, 11:18 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I am liking the new style that B&M have been using, firstly I find it a lot more aesthetically pleasing and secondly I like the thought of getting straight into the drop.

The layout looks like it will be a hell of a lot of fun and the first drop is very visually appealing.

Post July 28th, 2011, 1:51 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

B&M has fixed the problem that required them to have pre drops though...notice they have been gone for a while now (all the new hypers, hyrda, etc)

what problem?

Post July 28th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Stress on the chain that magically was never a problem for any other company ever.

I swear you people will believe anything. THINK.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 28th, 2011, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
...But I liked pre-drops...
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post July 28th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
The only predrop i REALLY appreciate is apollos chariots. All the other ones ruin the drop in the back too much because they actually whip you forward and back going through them. It was just annoying. I like how in the back you will just dive down like that. Should get some good airtime too.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!