Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Discovery Kingdom 2016- The Joker

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom 2016- The Joker

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
Took a few rides on The Joker for media day this morning. The ride is awesome! Great airtime, great pacing, great inversions. SFDK has a winner. I liked it slightly more than Wicked Cyclone, which it will be compared to. First drop is better, and the airtime is stronger.

How would you rank the RMC's you've ridden? How would you rank Joker overall?
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel Coaster|Fury 325
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Goliath|Coaster (Playland)

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:
I liked it slightly more than Wicked Cyclone.

Blasphemy!

lol Slightly, not by much. Mainly the first drop (which is so great in the back row), and the final airtime hill, which is my favorite airtime hill on any RMC I've been on so far (I'm sure Lightning Rod will top it).

Other than that, Joker really is Wicked Cyclone West, more opened up than WC's inner structure.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

chickenbowl wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:
Took a few rides on The Joker for media day this morning. The ride is awesome! Great airtime, great pacing, great inversions. SFDK has a winner. I liked it slightly more than Wicked Cyclone, which it will be compared to. First drop is better, and the airtime is stronger.

How would you rank the RMC's you've ridden? How would you rank Joker overall?

My current list:

1) Outlaw Run
2) Medusa
3) Joker
4) Wicked Cyclone ( just barely below Joker)
5) Iron Rattler
6) Twisted Colossus
7) New Texas Giant
8) Goliath

If it's racing, Twisted Colossus moves up to a tie with Rattler. If not, below it. I need more rides on WC and Texas Giant as both of those are foggy except for their excellent opening sequences. All of these rides are excellent, but RMC's wooden coasters are head and shoulders about their steel imo. Which makes make salivate over riding Lightning Run later this summer. Storm Chaser is next up in 2 weeks.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Sounds like Joker delivers. The general consensus seems to be that Twisted Colossus has more airtime and the unique racing element, but Joker has a better drop and better layout. Every review I've read names it as one of the top two coasters in California, so I'm looking forward to trying it at some point this summer.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It definitely looks epic. I want to ride it badly, but Lightning Rod will probably take priority. I like how The Joker's layout has a lot of meandering and random movement, which is a quality I usually don't like about roller coasters lol.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
If I was to fly all the way to California, I'd want to stay at SFMM the whole time, but now this will give me a solid reason to want to get up to the northern part of the state. This park is pretty decent as it is, but now they've got a winner.

Manic Montie, your RMC favorites list intrigues me; I haven't ridden any of your top 4, and your #5 is my current favorite RMC. It excites me to think that there are RMCs better than Iron Rattler, which is a feat I find hard to imagine being possible. I predict that Storm Chaser won't make your top 5 RMCs but Lightning Rod probably will.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
My current list:

1) Outlaw Run
2) Medusa
3) Joker
4) Wicked Cyclone ( just barely below Joker)
5) Iron Rattler
6) Twisted Colossus
7) New Texas Giant
8) Goliath

That's super intriguing! You and I share very similar opinions!

1. Outlaw Run
2. Steel Medusa
3. Iron Rattler
4. New Texas Giant
5. Twisted Colossus
6. Goliath

Firstly, nothing (outside of I305, Maverick, and Skyrush) touches the intensity and pacing OR and MSC, except possibly Lightning Rod or Wildfire.
Secondly, I'm very excited for Joker in 2 weeks!
Third, I am also very excited to ride Storm Chaser (and Lightning Run), Lightning Rod, and Wicked Cyclone in late June!

Do you mind posting your top 10 wood and top 10 steel? I'd love to see where the RMCs rank overall for you!
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel Coaster|Fury 325
Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Goliath|Coaster (Playland)

Currently,

Steel :

Fury 325
Skyrush
Medusa Steel coaster
Maverick
X2/Joker (tie)
Iron Rattler
Wicked Cyclone
Twisted Colossus
Cannibal

Wood:

Outlaw Run
Balder
The Voyage
El Toro
Goliath
Boulder Dash
Gold Striker
The Legend
Revine Flyer II
Apocalypse (yes it's rough, and I love it anyway)

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I like you
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!