Board index Public Relations Contests Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Scream City ?????????08 Coaster Contest- No Limits

Designed and Created By: Austin with help from gerstlcrazy
Being Run By: Austin, Gerstlcrazy
Judges: Austin, Gerstlcrazy, Blackhand1001
Banner made by: Mikado
3d rides made and donated by: Andy(ferris wheel) and theguy(woody) from skecthup, and the amazing "space spiral" 3d, was made by Quixote on TPR, so thanks a lot to him.

The Scream City Amusement Park has been hoping for new coaster for a while, they have looked at many designs, but are unsure about what kind. Mark R. Johnstone, the owner of the park, really wants a great ride that can be visable from far away. He wants it built by the beginning of the 2008 season, so the designing of it must be done by September 25th, 2007.

DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE HERE. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... ?tid=12573

RULES:

-One of the following track types must be used on your track. (Corkscrew, Twisted Steel, Hyper (2 or 4 seat), Floorless, Euro-fighter.)
-Station must go in one of the two blue X boxes (it needs to be accsessable to the guests, which is why they are located where they are.)
-A double station IS allowed, but both stations still must be inside the blue box (You CANNOT have an unloading station at one box, and a loading station at the other, you may only use one of the blue boxes, the other you MUST delete.)
-The ride must stay inside the red boxes around the area. This is the land that the park owns, and is allowing you to build on.
-Supports CAN go outside the red box, but, they cannot completely block off pathways for guests to walk on. (i.e. you cannot have a whole support base on any pathway, a fraction of the footer must be off the pathway, see picture below.)
Support Diagram Example

-There are 2 tunnels included, the track MUST go through both of these tunnels. (You are allowed to move the tunnels, but you may NOT resize them. The tunnels can go inside the station area.)
-only 15 (FIFTEEN) trees may be removed, and NONE may be moved. The state has a tree removal policy, and there will be a penalty if there are more removed. (IMPORTANT: only RED trees are aloud for tree removal. ALL others you must leave alone, they are extinct to the area, and NONE are to be removed.)
-Terraforming is allowed
-Minimum height::: 130 feet
-Max. Height::: None
-Minimum Track Length::: 3000 Feet
-Max. Track Length::: None

RATINGS DETERMINED ON:

Technical: How well was the ride technically. how smooth was the ride? How long was the ride? Supports are good? Were preset elements used? E-stop passed? Was the ride realistic? How were small details, such as station length, turns, lift, g's, ect.? (up to 11 points)

Adrenaline: how much adrenaline the ride gave. How long was the ride? Top speed? Drop height? Speed throughout ride? (up to 10 points)

Originality: how original was the ride? (up to 9 points)

How well you pleased Mark (The Owner) Check out the "hints" section below for tips on what Mark likes. (up to 10 points)

The final score out of 40 is determined, and then the number will be divided by 4, to get a score out of 10 (TEN).

DQ's OR POINT DEDUCTIONS

-E-stop test MUST pass, this will result in a major point deduction if it fails. [up to 5 points deducted]
-Tunnel Test MUST pass, but, tunnel intrusions are ok, track/3D intrustions are not. (see picture below)
TUNNEL TEST HELP

(if there is a tunnel intrusion, i will take away one of the tunnels, and see if the track goes through the tunnel.) (bottom picture- if that happens, big point deductions (up to 5 points deducted), but if top pictures happen, no point deductions.)

-Going outside the red boudary, or inside the red X box will be an automatic DQ.
-The station/ stations not being completely in the blue box, will result in a big point deduction, and possibly a DQ depending on how awfully the rule is broken.
-If the template is moved or tempered with in any way, this will result in an automatic DQ.
-Removing too many trees, or not using the tunnels, will result in an automatic DQ.

G's LIMITS

MAX POSITIVE VERTICAL::: +5.5
MAX NEGATIVE VERTICAL::: -1.5
MAX POSITIVE/NEGATIVE LATERAL::: +1.4, -1.4

HINTS: (These will all be used to judge you on "How well you pleased Mark.")

-Mark R. Johnstone, the owner of Scream City Amusement Park, wants the coaster to be veiwable from many areas in the park, as a big attention-getter. Use as much of the land he gives you to gain some originality points.
-How long was the ride? Mark likes long rides that attract people from all over the world, this can help you with Technical points and Originality points.
-Mark HATES long lines. Use more trains and maybe even a double station for faster quene lines, This can help with originality points.
-Mark wants a durable ride that will last a very long time. He doesn't want to work on it much. Try to make durable supports, and make sure that the ride is safe, so that nothing goes wrong in the future where Mark will have to pay for a problem. This can help you on Technical points.
-Remember, there are NO max height limits, but, Mark wants a ride that can be seen from far away, so the taller the better for Mark. This can help you with Originality, and adrenaline even.
-Mark loves launches. Use some launches in your ride, theres no limits with the number of lifts/launches, so use them! This can help you with adrenaline points, and originality points.
-Mark likes rides that are un-common, he wants to attract people from all over the world, make a record-breaker, or pick an uncommon coaster type.
-Mark likes themed rides. Use some 3d's for some great originality points.

**all of these can help you with how well you please mark, if you do all of them, be ready for a great score!**

SUBMITTING YOUR TRACK

-Please E-mail the track to bsktballdude10@yahoo.com, and under subject make sure you put "SCCC", or i wont check it, and delete it, lol
-Only upload ONCE through the exchange, you may enter through email as many times as you want, but, please put SCCC REVISED as the subject, so i realize that you have given me one in the past, if you don't do this, its your fault, once you upload to the exchange, I WILL consider it as your final track.
-You DO NOT have to submit through email, you can upload on the exchange, and PM me when you do, so that I don't miss it.
-*****Make Sure you put [SCCC] as part of the track name when uploading to the exchange.*****

THE CONTESTANTS:
1. coasterguy77
2. riccoaster
3. Coasterkidmwm
4. CoasterStreak[peakhill]
5. gazag
6. Vid_w[peakhill]
7. EElover2
8. tiepilot
9. minicoopertx
10. SFMM Homie
11. Calaway Park
12. brandyn
13. ZOOZ3R
14. pipeline
15. GuitarPlayer673
16. cja816
17. Jer
18. YoshiFreak
19. dj-dj
20. Lewis13
21. tracksix
22. Jordz
23. Real
24. xxatvxx
25. coreyml
26. Matt
27. rollerross
28. coasterfan4444
29. SilentJ1185
30. CCJared101
31. Dirk_Ermen
32. Indi[peakhill]

White: Track Not Recieved.
Yellow: Problem With Trackfile.
Red: Disqualified.
Black: Dropout.
Green: Track Recieved
Green Italicized Bolded with [peakhill]: Final Track Recieved

FAQ's

Q: Can we use our own 3d's?
A: Yes, you may use your own 3d's.

Q: Can we place trees ourselves?
A: Yes, BUT, you CANNOT use the ornamental trees 1 or 2.

Q: May we remove the 3d rides to help our FPS rate?
A: Yes, you may remove the 3d rides, BUT, DO NOT remove the pathways within the red building box, since they are a support obstacle, as explained above under the "Rules" section. And you may also build other scenery objects in there places.

Q: Can the intamin hyper be used for a launch coaster?
A: Yes it may, use it how ever you want.

Q: Track must be 130 feet off the ground? Or just 130 feet high on the grid.
A: Sorry, i should've clarified, the track must be 130 feet high ON THE GRID.

Q: Can we make a dueler?
A: Yes you may, this can help you with originality and how well you please mark too! Mark will like that.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

DOWLOAD TEMPLATE HERE. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... ?tid=12573

CHECK OUT THE ENOURMOUS PRIZES!

1st Place will recieve 100,000 Slappin' Points.
2nd Place will recieve 50,000 Slappin' Points.
3rd Place will recieve 10,000 Slappin' Points.
4th Place will recieve 2,000 Slappin' Points.
5th Place will recieve 500 Slappin' Points.

Last edited by Austin on November 6th, 2007, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 4th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

contest is approved

and im in this one so add me to participents
Making screams come true

Post August 4th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm in; post the template!
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 4th, 2007, 7:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Sure, count me in. It sounds like lots of creativity will be possible within those limits!

My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post August 4th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Points on hand: 121.00 Points
Will it be very bad if no 3ds are added? I am not good with 3ds yet, so I just want to know if it will hurt my score too much.

Post August 4th, 2007, 7:09 pm

sorry about the delay, the template will be up soon, having some technical dificulties [;)] (getting error messages left and right)

edit: problem fixed, template up...
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... ?tid=12573
and no, 3ds wont hurt your score too much.

Post August 4th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2007, 7:34 pm

Track must be 130 feet off the ground? Or just 130 feet high on the grid.

Post August 4th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Gahh. 130 feet high is... well, high. I tend to be fairly bad at building at those heights, but what the hey, I'll try it. Count me in.

Post August 4th, 2007, 8:15 pm

yes, but its more like 100 feet if you keep the ground height where it is at now. (about 10 meters above the ground)

Post August 4th, 2007, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2007, 9:10 pm

How close can the track go to the paths?, and, Can we delete the signs "Under Construction" that are in the red building area?

Post August 4th, 2007, 9:18 pm

^^ I dont think there is an official rule about going to low above the paths, if you are low enough for it to be unsafe then I dont think you can support it realistically. , since supports cant go on the path.

Post August 4th, 2007, 9:19 pm

Post August 4th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It will be fine to Delete the construction signs. People, if the rules don't say anything about something you want to ask, then you should be able to figure it out for yourselves...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 4th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,736.00 Points
ahh finaly austin been waiting for this count me in

Post August 4th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Post August 5th, 2007, 1:30 am

Points on hand: 1,739.00 Points

Post August 5th, 2007, 2:08 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post August 5th, 2007, 6:33 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post August 5th, 2007, 6:49 am

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

Can we modify the terrain?

Read the rules, yes.

Originally posted by Vid_w

Can we slope the tunnels?

Read the rules, yes.

Post August 5th, 2007, 8:58 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Seriously you guys need to cut the 3ds garbage. My FPS go to about 1 and I could barely load the before I deleted them.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Next

Return to Contests