Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Operations - 2010

Theme Park Operations - 2010

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 26th, 2010, 9:05 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

I was @ dorney once and they E-stopped SF because some stupid old lady had pulled out a dinosaur of a camera that looked like it was from the 18th century.

Not an E-Stop. We rarely use that E-stop button at Dorney. If that happens, we would press the "Lift Stop" button which you can guess, stops the lift feeder. (IE: The chain stops.)

Post January 26th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by griffonluv

^What do you operate?

I can operate every ride at the park, what ride I operate depends on that day's schedule. However, during the summer, I am usually operating the survival course.

Ah. Cool. Have you ever ran Troy?
Just keep scrolling...

Post January 26th, 2010, 6:06 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^Every once and I while. It's real sweet operating such a great ride, but the flyover is so loud we require ear-protection [:D]

Post January 26th, 2010, 7:17 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

^ Your suppose to wear ear protection if you operate boomerangs, the brake noise is above the OSHA standard. [lol]

Post January 26th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Sorry for the delay Mikey I've been offline for several days -- thanks for asking.

-------

Father, we thank you for the opportunity that we have to gather together and join for one common purpose; which is a fan-base that we all share of the entertainment and thrill industry. May you bless us as we go out and participate, but more importantly bless those who provide such thrills to us that we can each share in together. May you be watchful over not on us, but those operators who work dilligently to be sure we are safe. Whatever our differences are, or however we celebrate our time together, may we continue to remember that we each share a common responsibility to be safe, to be proactive, and to be aware that we are in this together. I ask these blessings on behalf of the One who gave His life for us, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post January 27th, 2010, 12:01 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amen Reverend.

May monorail Teal live on in his honor.

Post January 27th, 2010, 2:35 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Originally posted by Tetsu

Originally posted by slosprint

I was @ dorney once and they E-stopped SF because some stupid old lady had pulled out a dinosaur of a camera that looked like it was from the 18th century.

Not an E-Stop. We rarely use that E-stop button at Dorney. If that happens, we would press the "Lift Stop" button which you can guess, stops the lift feeder. (IE: The chain stops.)

Well, you have E-Stop, A-Stop, Lift Stop, Block Stop, Station Stop, Load Stop, Unload Stop.... Many of many stopping possibilities. However, VERY rare is E-Stop depressed.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post January 27th, 2010, 2:48 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2010, 3:36 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't forget power disconnect, launch abort, transfer stop, pump stop.

When you need to stop motion immediately, your press the power disconnect or E-Stop. When you need to stop motion as a routine function of the ride, you will want to press one of the local/remote stop buttons. If you have a power failure, you will press the E-Stop. Power failures can cause unpredictable behavior of rides control system when power is restored.

If you need to step out onto a catwalk, lift, safety brake, transfer table, or any other place you may come into contact with unit. Do not put your self in contact with the unit or in a position that would jeopardize your safety in the event of an unexpected start. The only safe way to unload a train is by pressing the E-Stop in two locations, and locking out the ride. Federal law requires a lock-out-tag-out procedure be in place and all employees who work the ride be aware and knowledgeable of its expected use.

My worse fear is working an indoor ride that's in the dark and have a fire break out. Then you must choose between your own safety or continuing to cycle the ride in order to unload your guest. I think that would be a hard decision to make for anyone. I know that I would stay as long as I could and attempt to unload, or try to find another way to get the people off as quickly as possible.

Post January 27th, 2010, 3:47 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

^Ive never had an Launch Stop... Only launched ride I have worked was Wicked Twister and I was never visually board trained (I was there for a day and a half).

That would be terrifying, however I would stay as long as I could.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:28 pm

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
Even though ride operations is a huge part of any amusement park, I'm sure there are people on this site that work in other depts. So, I would also like to wish a happy and safe season to all other depts at amusement parks. Without you guys, amusement parks wouldn't make the profit that they would.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions