Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Magu's - Scenery Madness [...]

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Ok. I am very grateful of what he has done for me.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Happy Birthday NL2!

Time to say thank you for all the awesome moments and projects which wouldn??????t be reality without the hard work and passion of the NL2 Dev Team =) Not only they did released the beast of a simulator one year ago, they were always around to answer questions, listened to the user and made NL2 even better!

I also want to say thank you, to the community which is always creative, friendly, funny and very helpful! It??????s great to be a part of it!

A nice and wonderful weekend @ all! :D

Points on hand: 1,632.00 Points
Happy Birthday NL2!

Magu, are your park train & monorail available for download?

Thanks

Alex

I work hard on the release for tomorrow! I hope this time i get it ready! =)

I have a bunch of new support made ferris wheels that need to be scripted. I do NOT need camera scripts in each car.

^ sorry, but no.

It??????s finally arrived!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9cd4fa2t29ugzf/Monorail%20Park%20-%201.1.nl2pkg?dl=0

It contains the classic monorail, the modern monorail and the parktrain additions for the Vekoma Minetrain with Locomotive.

Version 1.1!
Update 1.1: Added 2 Signs and a Signpost. Also corrected an issue with the parktrain roofs.

Nice greetings!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Loving the choo choo, and the monorail is cool too! Great work, and thank you.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Magu, your monorail should be renamed "Time Leaper". I've just thought like that when I saw a noticeable and stylish signpost. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

I have this little carnival area in Housekeeping World where I plan to use the paratrooper ride.

carnival area.jpg

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

You received a donation of 100 Points with following comment:
Sorry for the delay in this, but thanks for taking the 2014 End of the Year survey and enjoy your points!

WOHOOO! ...thank you! :D

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
I'm going to explain how to use the monorail if you don't mind, since it's difficult if it's the first time using custom trains and rails:

- Create the path for your monorail. Create a new coaster, and draw your track.
- Create the rails. Go to the advanced tab, light pattern creator. Click on open, and load "monorailtrack.altpac". Click on generate, and choose your park directory. Go to the scenery tab, choose the object you just created and place it. Go to object properties and set it's position to 0 in all axes.
- The trains. If you want to have ten cars, set your coaster to eleven cars. Then place the monorail cars (scenery) near to the train (car 1-monorail 1, car 2 - monorail 2 and so on). Keep in mind that the zero car doesn't count.
- Click on hide wireframe and don't freeze the coaster.

And you have a working monorail! But you don't have supports. If you want supports, duplicate your coaster. Set all track to invisible, and in coaster properties check ??????remove from track". Then put your supports, and freeze this coaster.

BTW, I'm still having problems with all the train showing properly. I have to move the missing cars a few times in order to get them aligned with it's relative car.

Thank you dapalm. Yes, i totally forgot to put the readme into the package. My fault! At the weekend i??????ll look into the set to find the issue, why there are problems (which i haven??????t so far). Thank you for the feedback! ;)

haha... that reminds me of a very early work in 2013:
SkyWhirlByMGridesAmusementGMBH2013-4.jpg

My first model with more than one car/gondola XD

It was built for another game, but well... it would be interesting if i get this beast up and running!

Nice greetings!

EDIT:
Oh.. and i??????m working on some other "safety" additions for the parktrain ;)

I sure hope you can get this sky whirl running in NL2. I'm sure you can nowadays with your scripting skills. That should not be too hard for you.

Never say never,.. but if you look close at the gondolas and the arms.. you can barly see ... rotations everywhere! To transform that into a compact script will be... pain :D Maybe.

Onto the todays topic:
Do have anybody some problems with the monorail? I read about some problems with the placing. So the custom cars don??????t follow the dummy cars.

I wrote a READ ME ... but english isn??????t my native language:
Monorail Set

Welcome!

As always: Make sure all your needed stuff is INSIDE the folder you??????re working with. Also it have to be in the actual park folder. If not, the next user which will open the park get an error message!

In this set are two different types of monorails. A classic and a modern one. Both cars using clipping and a LOD for the best performance. The also using the same "dummy-coaster-track-type":

Classic Steel Looping Coaster

Create a new coaster called: Monorail Invisible.
At first, you have to build your monorail track through your wonderful park and make sure that the guests don??????t miss the important things!

Settings of the train are simple: If you want to have 4 Monorail Cars, you need a train with 4 cars. If you want 10,.. you need 10 cars per train.

Now it??????s time for some supports. Build the supports along the track, make the color settings.

If you??????re happy with it: check "hide wireframe" and don??????t freeze the track.
If you??????re done with it: save the park.

Let??????s do some magic:
Import the same track into your park! Rename the track: Monorail Visible
Set the number of trains to: 0 .. not a single train is needed for this.
Select all of your track and make it invisible (Track -> Style Settings -> Invisible Segment).

Select ALL of your built monorail track.
Open the Light Pattern Editor!
Load the ClassicMonorail-Rail.nl2altpac for the classic or ModernMonorailRail.nl2altpac for the modern monorail into the Light pattern Editor (per load).

(To change the monorail textures,.. or colors,.. simply click on on of the three textures and load your own texture into it.)

File Prefix: Here you can give your track SCO a snappy name! YAY!

Click generate and save. If it ask you to overwrite,.. yes you want!

Now you have to add the created scenery object (name.lwo).
Look at the null-point on the NL2 map. There is also the null-point of your generated track! Move it over there and adjust the height, so that the track will fit the supports.

Now, .. freeze the Invisible track... and voila.. you have the supports and a track for your own monorail.

CARS:
- It??????s important to add them ABOVE the "dummy-invisible-track"!
- Make sure, the custom cars are not too far away!

- Done. Congratulation! You??????ve made your first Monorail!

Have fun!

2015 MGrides/freefall.

ClassicMonorail.jpg

=)

I though you could try to animate this 1800s style wheel. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=9b66e2e9e1cd471d379c6a1d59ef7283

It is already a sketchup file. I need to be able to walk into each box car and the windows need to be clear. I do not need any camera scripts. I just need the wheel to simply rotate.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thank you!

Well,.. my apologize for not rating any coasters so far. As a user since NL is available i can??????t count the coasters in all the forums which was coming and gone... honestly .. i??????m very tired of rating at the moment. Sorry for that! =)

I know it??????s not the best solution for all the wondeful and talented projects but at the moment i need more drive for ratings =)

I guess i??????ll get a 100 point penalty soon :D YAY! =/

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Magu I think you contribute more than enough to the community for people to be bothered about you not rating!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Magu78 wrote:
Thank you!

Well,.. my apologize for not rating any coasters so far. As a user since NL is available i can??????t count the coasters in all the forums which was coming and gone... honestly .. i??????m very tired of rating at the moment. Sorry for that! =)

I know it??????s not the best solution for all the wondeful and talented projects but at the moment i need more drive for ratings =)

I guess i??????ll get a 100 point penalty soon :D YAY! =/

It's ok, I am exempting you from it cause of the amazing work you do for this community! Thank you!

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting