Board index Public Relations Contests 2006 NL Tournament (FINALS) - Results pg9

2006 NL Tournament (FINALS) - Results pg9

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post September 6th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Honestly... I agree with Matt. It is taking an insanely long ammount of time for NOT that much work.

Post September 6th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Is this still going? I sorta thought it just died...

Post September 6th, 2006, 10:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i think Matt is a bit of exaggerating, it's not allways in your power, things can come up, but i do believe that if you need that much time to rate a coaster (even a thoroughly rating doesn't take that much time) perhaps you should consider making someone else do the official contests

Post September 14th, 2006, 1:35 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
"and the latest is August 20" -posted 7/29/2006

"If not this week, next week for 100% sure" -posted 8/07/2006

"and the ratings will thus be completed within the next few days as I finally have some 'me' time..." -posted 8/19/2006

"Give me until next Wednesday, and you'll see 'em." -posted 9/06/2006

Really don't mean to be a bother, but I feel as if myself, Wing-Over, and unfortunate_smiley have been continuously mislead and abandoned. Am I wrong?

Post September 14th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
In CJDs defense, working at an amusement park isn't as fun or as easy as it sounds, having worked Open to Close shifts for a few days in a row and getting up to a 71 hours of work in a week, I know there is little to no time to do anything but sleep and go back to work the next day. CJD should just take the 3D Realms philosophy and just say, "Its done when its done"

Post September 14th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Yeah, that's probably what annoyed people. The fact that he said he would have them done 100 percent and then not come up with the goods.

Why should working at a theme park not be fun if your really into the whole theme park/coaster industry?

Post September 14th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
The part that you work 70 hours a week open to close just about every day, trust me, you would get burnt out on it.

Post September 14th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

At the end of the day if you make a promise you have to do your best to keep it. cjd has promised several times (4, i think) showing dates he was going to post the results and he hasn't. I know that there is the thread about him not having an interest in coasters but he promised yesterday but he still hasn't. To be honest its just irresponsible, it would take him 3 hours max to do those tracks not however many weeks it has been. I feel sorry for the people who put hours and hours into this competition.

Post September 14th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

It's not that big of a deal, how do you know he's not banging chicks all day? That's way more important then coasters..

Post September 14th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I know because his not that type of guy. His a gentlemen [:)] lol

Well, you make a mistake and you learn from it. That's life.

Post September 14th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by alton_

At the end of the day if you make a promise you have to do your best to keep it. cjd has promised several times (4, i think) showing dates he was going to post the results and he hasn't. I know that there is the thread about him not having an interest in coasters but he promised yesterday but he still hasn't. To be honest its just irresponsible, it would take him 3 hours max to do those tracks not however many weeks it has been. I feel sorry for the people who put hours and hours into this competition.

Why? Most of them probably got better or learned something from it. Ive been in a few comps that failed but in most of those I ended up learning quite a bit.

While I agree, after that many reasons to be off he should have still come through, I work 65 hours a week and I get about an hour a day on the computer. If Im lucky.

Post September 15th, 2006, 10:00 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm very sorry about the ratings. I've had the time, like I posted, but I just haven't been able to find the drive to do them, and I always end up doing other things instead. This is a personal thing, and I am sorry that I have lost any/all motivation to rate them.

I have the weekend completely off, so I will make one final promise... Sunday evening. I'll make the same 'blunt object' claim that I made last year, so get your maces ready... ;)

Post September 15th, 2006, 10:21 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by cjd

I'm very sorry about the ratings. I've had the time, like I posted, but I just haven't been able to find the drive to do them, and I always end up doing other things instead. This is a personal thing

Stop jacking off so much then.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 15th, 2006, 1:09 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Originally posted by cjd

I'm very sorry about the ratings. I've had the time, like I posted, but I just haven't been able to find the drive to do them, and I always end up doing other things instead. This is a personal thing

Stop jacking off so much then.

banned
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 15th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
^ouch.....[approve][bslap] thats the first 1 post KO i've seen, lol

I can understand both sides of the arguement here, and I dont really want to state an opinion just because there's probably someone I'll make mad, but my solution is that the 3 finalists make a synchronized upload of their entries and let the community rate them. That way, everyone whos all "ZOMG I WaNt TeH EnTrIez!!11!!!" can download and enjoy them, and wing_over, Dcs and smiley can see their results. No it probably wont be as proffesional as if Cjd rated them, but it'll be a close comparison.

I'm not totally saying Cjd is just slacking off and that we should just do it ourselves, but I honestly think that if its taken him almost 3 maybe 4 months to do 3 rates, then we should just take matters into our own hands...as i try to sound as plausible as possible [:)]

oh, and [pdie]coasterkidmvm

Post September 15th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,012.00 Points

Post September 16th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I know my birthday is not until next Sat ....

... but ...

Thank you WWS, thank you very, very much.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post September 16th, 2006, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

oh but there are so many funny moments with him! i know hes annoying but hes not as bad as monkeys or go or bowser...let him stay, ppplease? :D

Post September 16th, 2006, 12:40 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

when it gets boring around here he can come back in, it's time out for now [:)]
Paradox wrote:

Post September 16th, 2006, 1:54 pm

I'm bored...you bored? Anyone? lol

Ugh, WWS has it's positives and negatives, but one thing it's not is boring. Just to throw my 2 pennies in, coasterkidmwm is a good guy and a very good coaster designer, who's continually improving, but sometimes he goes overboard with his humor. I still tolerate him more than a lot of people here, because he does contribute through his posts (most of the time) and usually he knows what he's talking about.

Post September 16th, 2006, 2:10 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

he knows better thoug, not like it's a permanent ban or a long one. I mean, think about it, if you were a mod here and had real life situations like cjd and had deadlines to meet but can't or unable to due to loss of interest, you think someone saying you jack off too much would help to come and finally finish this? I don't think so, we are relaxed and all but come on, none of the staff deserves to be disrespected like that. We deserve better than that even though we cannot keep up to date. Oh well, I am trying to find a solution, maybe get one of the other staffers to get this finished but we'll see. Since each has their own unique rating style it'd be ideal for him to finish it off.
Originally posted by dcs221

I'm bored...you bored? Anyone? lol

Ugh, WWS has it's positives and negatives, but one thing it's not is boring. Just to throw my 2 pennies in, coasterkidmwm is a good guy and a very good coaster designer, who's continually improving, but sometimes he goes overboard with his humor. I still tolerate him more than a lot of people here, because he does contribute through his posts (most of the time) and usually he knows what he's talking about.
Paradox wrote:

Post September 16th, 2006, 2:20 pm

I know, didn't say he was right for saying that, or you were wrong for banning him for whatever period of time you saw fit. I'm more frustrated than him considering I'm still in the competition, but I knew not to say something like that. I was just saying, despite his occasionally inappropriate conduct, he adds more than he takes away.

Post September 16th, 2006, 2:22 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

yeah I know, hence it's not permanent nor long
Paradox wrote:

Post September 16th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Just randomly curious, how are you the third member on your own site? Just noticed that lol.

Post September 16th, 2006, 2:53 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

wws is the first account I made, then masterofpuppets ( co founder of the site ) is second to register, I didn't know I could change my sn in the db so I made a secnod account name weeweeslap and voila [lol] I can change account #1 to mine but meh, it isn't worth the trouble [:)]
Paradox wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Contests