Board index Public Relations Contests 2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 493.00 Points
Bank: 2,138.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points
Do you have any dates for the curveballs during the first round?

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I'm going backpacking July 6-9. That doesn't give me much time to work on this.
Plantoris

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

ATTENTION TO ALL CONTESTANTS:

The tournament starts in only 3 days on July 1st- Midnight EST the first round will be posted so stay tuned!
With that being said, that means there are only 2 days left to enter if you have not already done so! You are competing for HUGE prizes so join now!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Haha finally a reason to get the full version of No Limits 2! :D I'M IN!

Blase Rhine User avatar

Always good to see someone getting back into the swing of things! Good Luck!

Blase Rhine User avatar

The list has been updated as of July 30th. If you do NOT see your name please whisper to me below and I will resolve that right away!

THE FIRST ROUND WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT EST. Signups will close at MIDNIGHT EST as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Blase Rhine User avatar

Surprise! your first curveball is that the tournament starts 4 hours early ;)

without further delay, lets get this tournament on the road!

ROUND 1: THE VEKOMA CHALLENGE

Your first round is simple... when opening NL2 you see the several choices of coasters you have. For the first round you must pick ONLY a Vekoma coaster. This is limited to the following:

-Vekoma Flying Dutchman
-Vekoma Minetrain Coaster
-Vekoma Minetrain Coaster with locomotive
-Vekoma Motorbike Coaster

With Vekomas extreme uprising in the past several months, your job is simple. Choose one of the following coasters and build.

Round 1 Restrictions:

-Your coaster must have a minimum of 1 inversion(s) but must not exceed 4. Remember an inversion is anything past 155 degrees.
-Your coaster must have a minimum length of 1750 feet (533.4 meters) and a max of 5000 feet (1524 metes).
-Your coaster must have a minimum height of 90 feet (27.432 meters). Max height is 199 feet (60.6552 meters).
- Your coaster must have at least 1 launch somewhere in the layout.
-Your coaster must interact at least twice with the launch/lift (go above/below or duel).
-Your coaster must have safe and comfortable g forces.
-Your coaster must stay true to what Vekoma would design (old school or new school).
-Your coaster can NOT mimic any previous vekoma layout and must be something entirely new.

The first curveball will come out Wednesday, July 5th. So be sure to check then for your first curveball!

Please note that you will be judged on the following:

-How realistic your design is for each manufacturer.
-Are your g forces in check?
-Support work
-Track work
-Overall Impression (does your coaster look appropriate for the specified area?, Colors, etc. This is the extra credit points)
-Operations
-It must pass all clearance and block tests.

*You are allowed to use custom skyboxes and 3d scenery if you feel fit.

Your judges are

-Myself, Head judge
-Paradox,originality/rules judge
-Daniel (Metazoanhaddock), Support judge

The submissions must be sent to contests@nolimitscoaster2.com by July 15th at midnight EST. If you do not send in your track by the appropriate time, you will be automatically disqualified and will no longer be in the running for the grand prize. When submitting please follow this submission guideline.

Username- Nl2 Tournament Round _(1)_ Submission

Track name
Track description (Elements used as well as list of manufacturers used)

Track file upload

You should receive a confirmation email saying we have received your track file.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
5000 feet max length? I wanted to build a 89,000 foot long Vekoma
jetcoaster.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points

Is it possible to make a Vekoma MK-1101 coaster? Like Lech Coaster or Rollercoaster Formula 1. :D Also, how do you measure the maximum height?
Last edited by AceDFe19 on July 1st, 2017, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
....first stupid question... is there a file to download or we just start from scratch?? thank you!!!

afro85 wrote:
....first stupid question... is there a file to download or we just start from scratch?? thank you!!!

I think we start from scratch afro85. :)

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Would a flying coaster inversion just be anytime the front of the riders' bodies face the ground (flying mode)?

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I would also like to clarify what counts as a flying inversion.

Also, if we choose a mine train, how will realism be reconciled with at least one inversion and at least one launch? I guess ditto on a Motorbike inversion....

Blase Rhine User avatar

AceDFe19 wrote:
Is it possible to make a Vekoma MK-1101 coaster? Like Lech Coaster or Rollercoaster Formula 1. :D Also, how do you measure the maximum height?

That is completely up to you but the train must be one of the 4 styles posted. And height will be measured by the stats listed in the coaster options.

afro85 wrote:

No template just like last year... Start from scratch and be creative! good luck!

Soko wrote:
Would a flying coaster inversion just be anytime the front of the riders' bodies face the ground (flying mode)?

This is copied from a question in the discord chat and may help with this question. A 540 roll consists of two elements; An In-Line Twist and a Fly to Lie (or the other way around). Due to the nature of the elements it is technically 1.5 inversions. the extra half of an inversion will be added once the rider reorientation is finished. Think of it like this:

in line twist (+1)
Fly To Lie (+.5)

then in order to achieve the rest of your inversion the rider position will need to be corrected. In order to fix this you will need one of the following (or similar):

half of a dive loop:
https://rcdb.com/4124.htm#p=21089

Or a Lie To Fly (or reversed)
https://rcdb.com/8983.htm#p=36135

This should clear things up a bit. If you still dont know feel free to post a picture and I, or another judge, will determine if its okay or not.

zacattack1104 wrote:
I would also like to clarify what counts as a flying inversion.

Also, if we choose a mine train, how will realism be reconciled with at least one inversion and at least one launch? I guess ditto on a Motorbike inversion....

Well there is technically a minetrain with a loop over in Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Sea. As long as shaping and g forces are fine, be creative with it! ;)

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
That makes sense; I wasn't really thinking of temple of peril as a mine train but I suppose it is. Thank you!

Just curious, are the corkscrew and 2-across invert styles not allowed because they are not officially called "Vekoma" in NL2? I have a couple ideas for each type allowed, just interested in the reasoning.
What are these for?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Yep for this challenge you can only use the ones with the name Vekoma before it... makes things a little more interesting ;)

Points on hand: 1,642.00 Points

What is the maximum of vertikal g-forces at the Vekoma Flying Dutchman, if the train is turned 180 degree?

Blase Rhine wrote:
AceDFe19 wrote:

That is completely up to you but the train must be one of the 4 styles posted. And height will be measured by the stats listed in the coaster options.

First question: What if we install the coaster on a 50 ft tall land, even if the ride measure in reality 60 ft tall, will it be correct? I mean 50+60=110 ft so it's more than 90 ft. Did I understood it correctly?

Second question: Are all the vekoma models allowed or do we have to use only the four listed on the Round 1 rules?

Third question: Is LSM Lift Hill counted as a launch?

Blase Rhine User avatar

AceDFe19 wrote:
Blase Rhine wrote:
AceDFe19 wrote:

First question: What if we install the coaster on a 50 ft tall land, even if the ride measure in reality 60 ft tall, will it be correct? I mean 50+60=110 ft so it's more than 90 ft. Did I understood it correctly?

Second question: Are all the vekoma models allowed or do we have to use only the four listed on the Round 1 rules?

Third question: Is LSM Lift Hill counted as a launch?

First- The ride is measured from the statistics bar in the coaster properties menu.
Second- Only the 4 listed.
Third- Yes!

Good luck!

couple questions
1. Does the track length have to be atleast that length, or could it travel that length, like a shuttle coaster going over the same length of track twice.
2. Does a sting-ray like lift count as an inversion for a flying Dutchman?
3. What exactly is considered mimicking a previous layout, how loosely can we play with this?

My initial concept depending on question 1
Attachments
screenshot-2017-07-03-03-07-31.png
What are these for?

PreviousNext

Return to Contests