Board index Public Relations Contests 2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
I have a few things to ask. I noticed I'm not on the contestant list, but I did throw out an "I'm in" before the deadline. Also, this may be a redundant question: If I want to make a modernized version of one of these track styles, would I lose points? For example, the Mine Train coaster: I'd like to do track design similarly flowy and smooth as Lech Coaster, w/out as many inversions. I'm imagining modified seating to handle inverting and more aggressive G force. Would I be jumping to far into the realm of fantasy here/be losing points?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Alright so for your questions ^^

1) It can travel that length if its a shuttled. We will simply just multiply the length by 2.

2) Yes it does! Because it is technically a lie to fly, it counts as 0.5 of an inversion!

3) Its not very strict. Play on top of existing layouts. Be funky and be creative with it though! That is what will win this round!

Moving onto our other question...

strata force wrote:
I have a few things to ask. I noticed I'm not on the contestant list, but I did throw out an "I'm in" before the deadline. Also, this may be a redundant question: If I want to make a modernized version of one of these track styles, would I lose points? For example, the Mine Train coaster: I'd like to do track design similarly flowy and smooth as Lech Coaster, w/out as many inversions. I'm imagining modified seating to handle inverting and more aggressive G force. Would I be jumping to far into the realm of fantasy here/be losing points?

First off my apologies on the contestant list issue, We will add you to the list! I remember seeing your post so just to be clear YOU ARE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE JUDGING.

Not at all! Feel free to modernize the track to your liking! That idea sounds quite incredible and we look forward to seeing it come to life! We love to see creativity! That is what this round is all about!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 1,527.00 Points
Does the train have to interact with another train on the launch? or is just passing the launch section enough to count?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Nope! The track just has to come in a close area within the launch area thats all :) Good Luck!

Would a barreling corkscrew that wrapped over the launch section be considered two interactions or just one? I can provide screenshots if need be.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Go ahead and post a screenshot

Starts underneath, corks over then passes under again:

Points on hand: 312.00 Points
I'm in !
YouTube Channel here : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxNbDAJhLyxxhN1YEGR7pw
I upload NoLimits 2 and Geometry Dash videos occasionnaly.

Blase Rhine User avatar

A little to late... The contest began July 1st and that is when the contest closed to join. We will have a few other contests as well in the next several months. Stay tuned and be sure to watch as the tournament unfolds! :D

Blase Rhine User avatar

strata force wrote:
Starts underneath, corks over then passes under again:

Also, YES! That definitely follows the rules and looks pretty cool! Keep it up!

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well here is a bit of an announcement for you all...

First off, from the judges to you we wish you a happy Fourth of July! (given you celebrate American Independence Day) and because of this holiday, we want to give you a little present...

THE FIRST CURVEBALL!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vekoma Challenge- Curveball #1

Much like in the real world of designing and manufacturing roller coasters you too will face change among your designs. The first curveball for the 2017 Tournament is...
You must modify the terrain around your coaster in that it MUST become a terrain driven coaster. Oh and NO in game tunnels are allowed (custom scenery such as rocks ARE allowed. Seems easy right? However, there is more... You must ALSO include not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 water elements in or around your coaster.

This includes bodies of water that the track passes over, fountains, waterfalls, etc.

Please note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.

-GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have any questions at all!

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Can someone figure out how to do this:

I need a waterfall with physics for my ride and with the space I am working in I will not be able to make 4 water features otherwise.

Edit: Sup.

Last edited by slosprint on July 4th, 2017, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Back to the drawing board. My concept does not work with that curveball. Also is 4 separate things of water or 4 times the coaster interacts with the water?
What are these for?

Blase Rhine User avatar

CKidd wrote:
Back to the drawing board. My concept does not work with that curveball. Also is 4 separate things of water or 4 times the coaster interacts with the water?

For the curveball the coaster must interact with water in someway 4 times... this can include track passing over the water in 4 areas or 4 unique water elements such as a waterfall or fountain.

So, i am allowed to go trough terrain when I use whatever 3D model instead of an ingame tunnel?

Blase Rhine User avatar

^Yes that is correct! :D

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Can the "Virtual" feature be used, or is that considered a "Tunnel"?
Plantoris

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points
Sorry, i don't have enough time to play in the second round and I don't like to build Something like that in the first round.
So i'm going to drop out..

Can someone give me an indication on the max g-forces used on the vekoma motorbike? I want to make sure everything's allright.
Also, Is this enough to count as interacting the launch section?

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Imagine you're an eagle swopping over the lake for fish.
Attachments
screenshot-2017-07-05-17-18-22.png
What are these for?

Blase Rhine User avatar

S-Tigger wrote:
Can someone give me an indication on the max g-forces used on the vekoma motorbike? I want to make sure everything's allright.
Also, Is this enough to count as interacting the launch section?

That is more than fine as counting the interactions for the launch section! :) Good luck!

Great! I'll probably ask a few more questions like this in the upcoming days, if that's okay :p

Blase Rhine User avatar

^ of course! Feel free to PM me or post directly on the thread!

Points on hand: 1,389.00 Points
Would this count as 2 body of water passes or just 1 pass (track does a U-Turn and crosses it again)

Blase Rhine User avatar

rmcSoni wrote:
Would this count as 2 body of water passes or just 1 pass (track does a U-Turn and crosses it again)

That counts as 2 interactions! Good luck!

PreviousNext

Return to Contests