Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Excalibur at Valleyfair to be removed :'(

Excalibur at Valleyfair to be removed :'(

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
NOOOOOO!!!!!! Excalibur to be removed.... for a water park PARKING LOT............ WHY?!??!??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Attachments
db_2015_0601_ParkingExpansionPlans1.jpg
American Eagle Lover

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Okay yes you're losing an odd Arrow ride and I'm sorry about that. However, you do understand the magnitude of this infrastructure investment?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
"Water Park Guest Parking Lot" better be a cover up.

I'm going to have a really hard time with this... :cry:

If Excalibur has to go for a better future for the park, I'll take my own advice and trust the decision makers on this one... most think Excalibur is unpleasant. Lol If I'm gonna bash people for being upset about Thunder Road, then I can't be a little bitch about Excalibur. I'll let the fact that the park is finally making some substantial moves assure my faith in a big coaster coming. And then hopefully that faith can drown my disappointment.

It probably will be a parking lot. But they probably have something coming elsewhere.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
idk about this. that is HUGE for the future of the park. but a parking lot? the parking lot they have almost never fills up. besides the waterpark is not separate, are they going to separate the waterpark AND admission price? AND how do you get from the lot to the waterpark, there is a road there. just doesn't add up.

AND WE ARE DUE FOR A NEW COASTER.
its a B&M invert.

p.s. where did you get this?
Plantoris

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Is the implication that if the staff parking lot is moving that opens up the top area for a station/plaza area for a ride that stretches round Renegade (?) or perhaps over the top of the access road?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Wow, it sucks that it's going to be removed. Looks like an actual fun ride!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
plantoris wrote:
p.s. where did you get this?

It is from Screamscape. I know Screamscape isn't right about everything, but this looks legitimate. I hope this means that Soak City will see some more substantial additions in the near future because even with the new slide tower, the waterpark is not at the point where it would be worth an extra charge.

It makes sense to remove Excalibur from a business standpoint because when it's always a walk on, it probably isn't worth keeping open. I will miss Excalibur a little bit because even though it is pretty jerky, it certainly is a unique ride. However, I'm more excited about what this means for the future (hopefully good things :)).

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Riders today actually want some "pack-a-punch" roughness while they also seek smoothness! It's sad to see many Arrows go, because they obviously invented a lot of looping elements before other companies such as B&M, Intamin, Vekoma, and so forth, did. Farewell, Excalibur, this time. :(
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

The document I linked to below is the official application for the new parking lots and the new employee access road. In the project description, it says "These new parking lots would allow for some development of the existing parking lots within the levee." I wonder if this means that they might remove some of the main parking lot to make room for new additions.
http://www.mvp.usace.army.mil/Portals/5 ... 04059P.pdf

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Wow, not good, for Valleyfair to have now an even less number of coasters. Sad to see. I'd post on the front page but for the next month the CC Fundrasier will have to stay up there.

I just posted on Facebook and Twitter though.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I understand that the future is important for this park, but the removal of a coaster is the last thing Valleyfair needs. They're quite overdue for one, I think.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Coaster Hero wrote:
I understand that the future is important for this park, but the removal of a coaster is the last thing Valleyfair needs. They're quite overdue for one, I think.

They probably have a bigger picture going on. I think they understand all of this.

Yes I'm double posting and even triple posting in the two Valleyfair threads, but a catastrophe is unfolding at my homepark, I hope I find mercy in my fellow forum-mates (editing posts doesn't bump a thread)

Anyways, this was extremely surprising from the visit today:

The old slide deck was closed, with 5 slides stemming from it (2 steep drop slides, and 3 general water slides). It is probably on the "adios" side of things (maybe it only closes on the weekdays). Thankfully, the park continues to operate the Raging Rapids slide and the group raft slide (the only other two entities from the original water park)

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I saw that one coming as soon as I saw the plan... to be fair, it looks like they're planning a MAJOR expansion of both parks in the next few years
American Eagle Lover

I too think they're gonna do something big. I have become really sensitive, even though all I've ever wanted was to see exactly this from Valleyfair... moves, plans.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

My predictions for the near future are that they'll expand the water park west up to where the new parking lot will be, they'll remove the Panic Falls slide complex for newer slides, and the yellow area I colored in on the left might is where a new roller coaster could go (that space looks large enough to fit in a decent sized B&M inverted coaster).
thumb_image_11830.jpg

Points on hand: 649.00 Points
Good Riddance this ride was terrible. I like many arrow rides but definitely not this one.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Not the best ride ever but it was a very unique coaster in many ways. Not to mention it was the first hybrid coaster.

I think this will be worth it though.
Plantoris

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

^
I believe Gemini at Cedar Point opened before Excalibur.

What excites me the most is that these plans for the back of the park are a sign of some bigger plans for the future because a park wouldn't invest a lot of money into these infrastructure improvements and then leave it as is.

plantoris wrote:
Not to mention it was the first hybrid coaster..

There were at least 10 Arrow hybrids that came out before Excalibur.

ya, idk what I was thinking when I made that comment. must have been my ass talking.
Plantoris

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
It looks like such a unique ride, but at the same time, i've heard its pretty rough. Kinda split on both sides.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I noticed that Gerstlcrazy got an avatar of Excalibur.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

From what I've been hearing, the plans to build the new parking lot and remove Excalibur have not yet been approved. I think it will still end up getting approved, but for those of you that love Excalibur, there is a slight glimmer of hope.

I was thinking maybe we should do a meet up towards the end of the season and ride Excalibur like 10 times.
anyone up to getting some bruises?
Plantoris

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!