Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Full Throttle @ Magic Mountain off ride and on ride POV with passengers

Full Throttle @ Magic Mountain off ride and on ride POV with passengers

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 29th, 2013, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
I think a lot of you guys are being negative. I live about as far as you can get from Magic Mountain in the United States so I am not biased at all. I think it looks like a pretty interesting ride and a nice change from the cookie cutter wingriders everyone else seems to be getting.

Post June 29th, 2013, 5:30 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Originally posted by Oscar

Wow, that ride sucks in my opinion. SFMM after quantity and not quality once again.
called it!

Post June 29th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

SFMM removed Log Jammer for THAT?????? SMH. they should have left Log Jammer and Metro, much higher thrill and excitement ratings. imo. and where are the lighting effects that are supposed to be in the tunnel? I actually think this is one ride that could have benefited from being built in the parking lot, give it a slight motor cross theme and I think it would have the potential to be a real crowd pleaser. With a name like Full Throttle I expected more from the ride. I know a lot of you are probably thinking "you haven't ridden it yet," and you're right, I haven't, but after seeing the on and off ride footage, all I gotta say is "meh." xcelerator, montezooma's revenge, green lantern, and california Screamin all look like way more exciting launched coasters.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post June 29th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 190.00 Points
In my opinion, Full Throttle way more exciting than Montezooma, Xcelerator, and WAY more than California Screamin. Id much rather ride Full Throttle than any other launch coaster in California. The loop to the airtime just cannot be beat on any other launch coaster. The POVs of this ride do not do this ride justice.

Post June 29th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I love airtime especially extreme air time, but air time on an inversion is not so fun imo. its kind of sad when the animation released actually goes faster than the ride itself.
What are these for?

Post June 30th, 2013, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
The only thing I really don't like about Full Throttle is how slow it seems to go through those direction changes after the vertical loop - that part looks like it was meant for speeds much faster than they are right now. Otherwise it seems like a good ride to me.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!