Board index Public Relations Contests [RCT2] Lakeside Park contest

[RCT2] Lakeside Park contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post January 20th, 2004, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points

coastercrazy.com & CoasterCrazy.com Coaster Network presents:

The Lakeside Park Contest

The Story
The Lakeside park once flourished and was one of the most well known parks in America. Coaster fans of all over the world were familiar with the quality of the theming and the rides. Every detail was in the right place and when you visited the park you were truly in a different world.
The park also had a big stadium in which people could watch great water shows. But on a black day the weather wasn't too pretty and the winds were severe. The giant roof was screeching and moaning in the winds. Then a gust of wind made the roof collapse and it fell down on the spectators. The roof claimed two casualties and over 10 people were injured.
The bank and the park sponsors withdrawed their sponsorships and from that moment on it wasn't to long until the park went bankrupt. The park was closed and over the test of time most of the rides were destroyed because they weren't maintained any longer, also the weather and the local children didn't do much good to the park either.

Amply five years later: the year 2004. A Rich investor going under the name O.O. bought the park?????????s land with all the remains of the Lakeside Park on it.
Now all that was needed was a whole new plan for the redesign of the park. Now this is your task, in this contest you have to re-build the Lakeside park and restore it in all it's glory. Make it just as beautiful and successful as it was before.

There are a few remains of the old Lakeside park, the objective is to restore these remains so the old Lakeside park will live again.

Sub-objectives visualized

First of all you have to complete the rollercoaster, in the spirit of the Lakeside park. So this means well themed and like in the original plans: 11 inversions.

Ugh, yuck it might have looked good a few years ago but this isn't the entrance a modern day parks is looking for. Create an impressive, original and stylish looking entrance.

Before the park was run down it had an old water show unfortunately part of the stadium collapsed due to bad maintenance and extreme weather. The metal seating is very old and therefore is a local monument so you cannot demolish it, you can only repair the broken section. You must rebuild the exterior and roof of the stadium to whatever style you wish, also it's up to you weather or not you keep the pool, you can if you wish turn it into a modern stage.

IMPORTANT Now last but not least, the park has some building restrictions. The Lakeside Park is near a runway therefore it is prohibited to build anything above 110 feet, you may terraform the land but the beach and lake area can not be touched.

Objectives:
  • Repair the stadium

• Rebuild the entrance

• Finish the 11 inversion rollercoaster

• Remove the crane

• Replace paths

• Make the park flourish once again. (this means, you have to fill the park with rides again, with park worthy theming.)

• At least 1000 guests in the park

• No trainers

• WW & TT are NOT allowed

• Deadline = Sunday 7th of March (23:59 GMT)

• Submit your park at gforceaddict@coastercrazy.com

Domestical Intelligence (a.k.a. Tips):
  • Make sure you have the right balance between thrill rides, gentle rides, and family rides.

• Once again theming is an all important factor and it can make you win or lose. So be creative and stuff the park with theming.

• Make theming zones, just like real parks making clear theming zones is good for a lot of points.

• Build custom designs for your rides, don't just throw in some prefabs which come with the game.

• Terraform the land to suit the rides and/or theming zone.

• Try to get a good park reputation, look at what the guests think to spot problems you might have.

• Keep pathing clear, so people won't get lost. Making a mainstreet can be important. Try to look at how it is done in real parks.

• Be creative [:)]

]status updated 18th of March

Contestants:
1: -0- -00/00/00- tarzanman11514
2: -1- -02/23/04- XtremeONE
3: -0- -00/00/00- rocketboy711
4: -1- -00/00/00- DE@NO
5: -1- -00/00/00- Cpfan2008
6: -0- -00/00/00- IntaminFan397
7: -0- -00/00/00- shaggszgn
8: -0- -00/00/00- Sparky
9: -0- -00/00/00- bardy
10: -0- -00/00/00- Intamin AG
11: -0- -00/00/00- pacoasterrider
12: -1- -02/11/04- RCTandy
13: -0- -00/00/00- Evolution
14: -0- -00/00/00- d3c3pt0r
15: -0- -00/00/00- Montu_man_1011
16: -1- -00/00/00- jpecool
17: -0- -00/00/00- cjd
18: -0- -00/00/00- MFkiDD30
19: -0- -00/00/00- Paithetic
20: -0- -00/00/00- Kingpin
21: -0- -00/00/00- Your name here!

Green: Track recieved
Red: The person dropped out
Orange: Problem with file
White: Waiting for track

(there is no limit on the amount of people joining)

(First column is your number, second column is the number of times you sent in a track, thrid column tells if you the date I recieved your track. Your last entry will be your participating ride)

Once your park is uploaded to the exchange you are not allowed to update your park by sending in an updated version of your park. You are allowed to send in an updated version(s) as long as the park is not on the exchange.

You can post any questions you may have in this topic. They will be answered A.S.A.P. If you want to discuss anything about this contest, like progress on other people?????????s ride please use this topic and don't start a new one. Thanks in advance.

Download your template here:
http://www.weeweeslap.com/users/gfa/lakesiderct2con/lakeside_park_contest.zip

The template for this contest was made by Bardy, also the story and objectives was done by him roughly. I just finished the story around it. (I will probably do the judging again for this contest.)
Anyway, very special thanks to Bardy for this great template [pshades]

On behalf of the entire coastercrazy.com & CoasterCrazy.com Coaster Network:

Post January 20th, 2004, 5:55 pm

Any questions you might have will be answered in this post A.S.A.P. (If you have questions just post them in this topic)

Q: What does "no WW & TT" mean?
A: Wacky Worlds and Time Twister (expansion packs for RCT2)

Q: "At least 1000 guests" - Are there bonuses for more guests, like more guests = more bonus??
A: No, it's a requirement, so if you don't meet it you'll get a nasty penalty [:p]

Q: Any bonus objectives?
A: No, just everything I named

Q: Can we re-theme the staduim when we repair it?? Becuase it has the same ugly theming as the entrance....
A: As stated above; you can only repair the broken section. You must rebuild the exterior and roof of the stadium to whatever style you wish, also it's up to you weather or not you keep the pool, you can if you wish turn it into a modern stage.
About the entrance, I don't know if you have actually read the above but you have to rebuild the entrance....

Q: It said no terraforming of the lake and beach area...even so, would an ornamental canal that's part of the entrance/main walkway be allowed to "drain" into there??
A: It's ok if you make a canal or any other body of water in your park and let it end in the lake if that is what you mean. So this allows you to alter the side of the lake a bit.

Q: The coaster with 11 inversions - that's exactly 11, or can it have more?
A: That's exactly 11, no more, no less

Q: While repairing the stadium, can we change the ice to water in the main pit thing, and is there a specific way the stadium's supposed to look when completed??
A: Please.... read the description again if you don't understand something. Like it says in the contest description: also it's up to you weather or not you keep the pool, you can if you wish turn it into a modern stage. And there is no specific way the stadium has to look when it is done.

Q: Can we re-theme the coaster station?
A: yes

Q: And re-paint that coaster?
A: Sure, you can repaint it

Q: Can U rename anything including park?
A: You can rename anything in the park, but not the park itself.

Q: Are we allowed to change the lifthill to a launched hill?
A: No

Q: One question: can we change the colour of the stadium after we have rebuilt it ??
A: Sure

Post January 20th, 2004, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

looks like fun - I'm in...

questions:

1. What does "no WW & TT" mean?
2. "At least 1000 guests" - Are there bonuses for more guests, like more guests = more bonus??
3. Any bonus objectives?
4. Can we re-theme the staduim when we repair it?? Becuase it has the same ugly theming as the entrance....

Furthur questions as they come....

Post January 20th, 2004, 6:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post January 20th, 2004, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,740.00 Points

Uhm go on ahead and sign me up i will see what i can do

Post January 20th, 2004, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
yeah, i'm really rusty on rct2 (it's been about a year or something like that!), but this looks like fun so count me in 2.

Post January 20th, 2004, 10:35 pm

ROCKETBOY!!!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!

GFA, yeah, I read the part about the entrance, I was just commenting on the theming....other questions:

1. It said no terraforming of the lake and beach area...even so, would an ornamental canal that's part of the entrance/main walkway be allowed to "drain" into there??
2. The coaster with 11 inversions - that's exactly 11, or can it have more?
3. While repairing the stadium, can we change the ice to water in the main pit thing, and is there a specific way the stadium's supposed to look when completed??

Post January 21st, 2004, 6:54 am

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points
Answer for tarzanman11514, you can do what you want with the pool, demolish it and create a stage, show or something or keep the pool, it's up to you. You can theme the entrence to however you wish no restrictions. As for the coaster it has to be 11 inversions only.

Post January 21st, 2004, 8:26 am

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

well I never got into the other contest but sign me up and I'll actually give this one a go. but 11 inversions on that coaster just seems too much

Post January 21st, 2004, 11:59 am

Originally posted by DE@NO

well I never got into the other contest but sign me up and I'll actually give this one a go. but 11 inversions on that coaster just seems too much

Meh, 11 is just enough to brake the current record [:)] So if 10 can be done, 11 must also be an option [lol]

Post January 21st, 2004, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2004, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I'm in! This time I will submit an entry, I was too lazy to put a lot of time in the last 2 [:P] Plus, since my NL simulator doesn't work anymore, I can spend a lot more time making sure I get it in on time [:)]

BTW, 11 inversions on a floorless is like impossible to get E>I>N

Post January 21st, 2004, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 5,725.00 Points

yeah thats what I was thinking about IF397. if people have trouble getting E>I>N on an 8 inverter imagine how ridicoulous its going to be to get decent stats on an 11 inverter. damn its going to take alot of testing to get it right.

Post January 21st, 2004, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2004, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,512.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2004, 7:10 pm

Yeah - the 11 inverter's a pain...I think I'm going to redesign it from the one I have now - I got E<I>N where E about = N. So it needs some work....I'm thinkin lots of barrel rolls - lol.

Post January 21st, 2004, 8:09 pm

Can we re-theme the coaster station?

BTW, that 11 inverter was pretty easy.

Post January 21st, 2004, 10:17 pm

And re-paint that coaster, the colors don't fit mt theme. [lol]

Post January 21st, 2004, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2004, 10:51 pm

Originally posted by shaggszgn

Did you get E>I>N?

Post January 22nd, 2004, 12:35 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Did you get E>I>N?

You don't have to get E>I>N, but of course it would be cool [:)]

Post January 22nd, 2004, 2:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points
I would say yes you can re-theme/paint coaster, but the track already down has to stay, but I guess it's upto Gforce.

Post January 22nd, 2004, 2:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
Woohah! I managed to repair my RCT2 CD!!! GF My [r], Count me in [lol]

Post January 22nd, 2004, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
i probibally wont win but it sound's fun so count me in

Post January 22nd, 2004, 4:09 pm

Originally posted by G Force Addict

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Did you get E>I>N?

You don't have to get E>I>N, but of course it would be cool [:)]

Yeah, but I'm saying that it would of course be extremely easy to not get it.

I finally got some decent stats, and the intensity out of the red, so I hope that when I add all of the theming it will be E>I>N [pshades]

Next

Return to Contests