Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags Great Adventure! 4/10/17

Six Flags Great Adventure! 4/10/17

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 11th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,389.00 Points
So i was at six flags great adventure 4/10/17 as my first park of my season!

I didnt get to go on much, stuff was breaking down and had tough luck with kingda ka, didnt get to ride it. Only got 3 new credits.

So first off, The ticket gate and the security section sucked, it took so long to get into the park. i got there at 10:20, and got in the park in 11:00. It was terrible. When i got there El Toro didnt seem to be open, But Kingda Ka was, And i felt like going right to nitro since el toro was closed... And i thought kingda ka was going to be open all day.. i was wrong :cry:

Well, To kick things out i rode nitro first... i think in the 5th row? I cant remember clearly.

Nitro's lift hill. All of these photos were taken on my Phone.

Nitro's track just out of the station.

So after my 3 rides on nitro, I went to the skyway to go check out and see if el toro was running. Im on the skyway.. Nor el toro or kingda ka was running. I got bummed out and worried if i was going to ride el toro or not. I get off of the skyway and go to bizarro.

Bizarro was running GREAT! It was running very fast over the elements, like unusually fast, there was a ton of G-Forces throughout the ride. slight headbanging on the cobra roll. loved the hangtime on the zero g roll.

As im being unloaded from my car and heading twards the exit, i hear from the operator el toro has opened. The People in the station went wild, an even some went out of the que to go to el toro LOL :lol:

I was so excited for this thing.

El toro Zooming by.

I expected the crowd to be huge in the que.. soon i saw it was a station wait :lol:
but hey, i dont mind a station wait!

El toro's lift hill

I sat in the magic row. 6th car, middle row. That row has no wheels, so its extra smooth.
Wow! The drop was amazing, i couldnt even catch my breath. The airtime hills were killer, so phenomenal and an experience ive never had before! I loved that curvy section after the Rolling thunder hill. Oh and the rolling thunder hill? Cant even explain how much that airtime was.

Well, i go get lunch after that in the boardwalk, had a nice burger and fries with a slushie.

While i was eating, i heard kingda ka was testing. So i immediatley eat the rest of my food and go to check kingda ka out. sat there for 5 minutes and saw nothing. I do go to the golden kingdom and walk over to kingda ka's que, but it was closed. So, i go back to the nitro area and the line was HUUUGE, i didnt even bother to go on it. I just tried to go to harley quinn's crazy train, im in the line and they had a dispatch time of 3 minutes. What did i do? Jumped over the rails and said goodbye, and headed back to el toro and got 2 nice rides on it, gosh that ride is killer and its now my new #1.

El toro and its jaw dropping airtime hills.

After my fun 2 rides in toro, i go back to the nitro area to get one last ride on it. it was starting to dim down (the day) it was around 5:30 it was about a 20 minute wait but i had to wait 45 minutes to get front row. MAN front row on nitro is amazing, better than mako's front row. The wind just pellets your face and you feel like your going so much faster, and it has some decent airtime! I must have gotten a very good day because people complain on how it lacks airtime.

Nitro's lift hill.

Peekabo! :D

Take a shower buddy.

So its about like 6:30 and im heading back to el toro, because i cant get enough of that ride at all and its close to closing at 8:00.

Im on el toro's que after walking instead of taking the skyway, and Zumanjaro is testing, and that was cool. All of a sudden i hear the famous "WRRRRROOOOUUUUUMMMMM" The sound of the cable launch on TTD and Kingda ka and i was just like.. YESSS!.
It was testing at the time, and then it eventually had people on it and i was so relieved...

Kingda ka from the skyway earlier in the day.

So, after another incredible ride on el toro, I get off. kingda ka released another train and im just like.. YESSS!!!!
Its 7:00, and im rushing to the golden kingdom... but i soon relised kingda ka was not releasing anymore trains.. i keep walking.. and walking.. nothing is running on kingda ka.

i get over to the que, and kingda ka is closed, for the rest of the day.
:cry:

lets just not talk about that..

But something made up for it,
Something amazing.

I go back to el toro, and its kinda of a long line. But its ok. Im in the station, and i remember its not too late. i remember that it was about 7:10 when i went to get on, had to give my phone to my mom since you cant have anything in your pocket on el toro.

Im just like, Just do it. I wanted to get a front row ride. So i went into the front row que and it was fairly large. Im waiting.. and waiting.. and its getting darker and darker.. and soon enough i relise. im getting a front row night ride, on el toro.

Im in the train waiting to get dispatched and its pretty much very dark, around 7:55 pm.

Im going up the cable lift and its a full moon. and it was incredible the view of it. And next thing you know im turning 180, and the drop was OUTSTANDING. Best drop on any rollercoaster ive ever been on. Just the airtime and the flow into the next airtime hill is killer. I loved the drop so much on that. Before i got the night ride i was like.. eh maybe wicked cyclone is better. When i got off of the night ride i thought to myself, What is even wicked cyclone anymore?

All i can say is i had a great day at great adventure, el toro, bizarro and nitro was all SO MUCH FUN. El toro was KILLLLERRRR!!

Thanks for reading!

SCREW YOU KING DA KA t(ovot)

Post April 11th, 2017, 8:04 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
You didn't miss anything with Kingda Ka tbh. It's a pretty boring ride that gets boring after the first time you ride it.

SFGADV is a pretty nice park I'm visiting on the 29th if you want to meet up.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 11th, 2017, 8:40 pm

@paradox

I cant go to many parks this year, only like 4-5. Low on money this year, My most major trip is to dollywood for 2 days and some alpine coasters

Im not insanely well traveled.

Post April 11th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 503.00 Points
@rmcSoni, I was there on Monday too! I got to the park around 9:40 to get a good spot at the gates before opening. I found that the lines were very manageable. My ride list for the day was (not in any specific order): Kingda Ka (front row), El Toro (3 times back row), Green Lantern (back row), Batman the Ride (front row and back row), Nitro (back row), The Dark Knight Coaster, Bizarro (twice back row), Dare Devil Dive, The Joker (it finally opened at the end of the day).

The reason Kingda Ka was closed the later part of the day was due to maintenance on Zumanjaro. There were mechanics riding the elevator up and down the tower working on the ride and doing safety checks. Kingda Ka is not allowed to dispatch trains when Zumanjaro is not on the ground.

El Toro was closed at the beginning of the day because the first train of the day had to be evacuated off of the lift hill, which I saw with my own eyes because I was standing in the station when it happened.

The longest line I waited for all day was to buy lunch. (about an hour)

I'll probably be back on Thursday and I'm hoping that the lines are about the same as they were on Monday.

Post April 11th, 2017, 8:54 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Zumanjaro is probably undergoing maintenance since it might be getting VR this year.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 12th, 2017, 5:43 am

@Coasterperson

I never new joker opened, but oh well i was enjoying a much better ride on el toro.

And i think i did see el toro evac'd, as i was walking into the park there was an empty train stuck on the lift hill. And i only saw joker test once that day, and it was when i was on the skyway

I had fun though. You seemed like u managed the lines well!

This is my ride count

Nitro x5
El toro x5
Bizarro x1
Skull mountain x1

Yeah, i didnt do that much which is kinda stupid of me. I had tons of time to get on green lantern and batman, but i kept deciding to do them later and go on el toro/nitro, soon relising..... its almost closing and i wont be getting on any of them :lol: silly me...

Post April 12th, 2017, 7:32 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I disagree about Kingda Ka. I always ride in one of the first two rows, and I find it to be probably the most consistently thrilling coaster I've ridden. I have rides on El Toro, Nitro, Intamin Megas, etc. that don't really kill it for me, and some that are awesome, but for me it's hard to beat the thrill of Kingda Ka. Even though I may like a ride like say Superman SFNE better because of the length and style, I'm glad Kingda Ka exists in my home park where I can get that thrill generally whenever I want.

But yes, it is very often a pain as far as being open and closed and testing and temporarily broken down and trains moving back into the station etc. etc., but usually it's up enough for you to get a ride in. Sorry about your luck, most who have been to GAdv and wanted to ride have had that happen at least once, if not more.

Post April 12th, 2017, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Kingda Ka is pure savage and awesomeness. It was closed for a bit when I was there last May but then they were cranking trains out like nobody's business for the rest of the day. The yanking of the launch is terrific.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 12th, 2017, 10:47 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Looks like you had a fun time regardless! I wish I could have gone.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 12th, 2017, 2:13 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So any bets on when Nitro turns white? It seems they're refusing to paint it still lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 19th, 2017, 7:54 am

Its dimming down pretty quick (The paint), i remember it 2 years ago being quite vibrant

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports