Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 9th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i would love to have the ability to customize trains to the way you want them to look, its a little far fetched, but it would be very nice. When i say customized I mean the way the car will look. EX: Make the cars looks like Dueling Dragons.

Post October 1st, 2008, 7:44 am

Points on hand: 1,193.00 Points
At september, there was not news of Nolimits 2 ... ?

Post October 1st, 2008, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

no, well they are rather busy
Making screams come true

Post October 1st, 2008, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
This month I fixed up again a couple of things here and there that used to be half way done. Most things were related to the user interface and to the file management. My goal for September was to increase the useability of the software so that my dev-team will have an easier life playing with the new features which are not documented yet and are probably not very intuitive unless you are an experienced programmer. Writing documentations takes a long time which I do not have at this point. It is also not for sure that people will actually read long documentations, so it is always better to keep the application simple and intuitive. Unfortunately a couple of new features are so advanced that I am afraid only a minorty of users will actually use them in the future. I will take charge in creating good demo parks and tracks that will make use of the new features to revive the interest in the new features because a lot of time was spent in making them possible.

Finally I am able to say that the whole project is now around 55% done which makes me feel much better now that I realized that over the half is done. Before, no end was in sight and the list of things left to be done was just too long. A lot of more interesting things are on the ToDo-List for the following months, so stay tuned for my monthly NL2 news.

I'm really excited to find out what they've done for the Scene-Objects, my next coaster will (probably) be a haunted mansion style thing, animated 3DS , dynamic lighting and triggered sound effects would be AWESOME. I wish he'd gone with Collada file format support rather than Lightwave, but still it's an improvement over 3DS (except that 3DS is more widely supported by other aplications).
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post October 1st, 2008, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,392.00 Points
It would be cool if they had a way you could copy and paste groups of nodes.

Post October 7th, 2008, 6:07 am

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
i would like it if they would add something to play music on the coaster, instead of using windows media player while NL is on....

and Kelly, i think you can do that by saving and element...

[sillyme]Rupsenshow[sillyme]

Post October 7th, 2008, 6:26 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by rupsenshow

and Kelly, i think you can do that by saving and element...

I think he/she is talking about copy and pasting support nodes [;)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 7th, 2008, 9:37 am

Post October 7th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 29th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I will take charge in creating good demo parks and tracks that will make use of the new features to revive the interest in the new features because a lot of time was spent in making them possible.

I smell multiple coasters per file...

Post November 7th, 2008, 1:39 pm

This news post comes with a couple of brand new screenshots focusing on the recently finished sky engine. I needed a couple of more days for cleaning everything up so that screenshots could be made. I am proud to present some great new engine features, which NoLimits2 will make use of. I have been working hard on them for the last 3 years and now I thought it is time to show some screenshots. The greatest feature in my eyes are high quality dynamic shadows (can be seen on the left most picture). The dynamic shadows are completely realtime and will be on every object, including the coaster track, the cars and so on. The quality of the shadows can easily compete with realtime shadows found in the latest games. They look better than most of the games I played so far without loosing too much extra speed. The dynamic shadows will truly come to live with the second greatest feature which is a dynamic day-night-cycle. The sun will rotate around the scene in a very real manner depending on time and earth location. The shadows will instantly adapt to the current sun's position. No more need for using skybox textures or switching between environments. Let me get into more detail about the following screenshots. The left most screenshot shows a good weather sky with some trees and auto-plant grass. The shadows of the trees are casted on the terrain and grass. In the middle screenshot, the clouds are becoming more denser. The clouds are computed in realtime and are not a fixed texture. The weather seems to change from good to rain. On the right screenshot, the weather completely turned into a rainy day. The sky is completely overcasted and rain particles are falling down. Even though the trees are not looking that great yet, the screenshots clearly show how much work was spent into a couple of great additions I have been working on. There is still a lot to do and I do not think NL2 will be ready to come out next year. I am now targetting for Spring 2010. Thanks for the patience, but things like that simply need a lot of time. It will be definetely worth waiting for. [ol]

Well, seems like this update is a little bland, but still nice. There a couple of pictures of te new shadows that are nice as well. Here it is:

http://peachfloss.com/dahr.php?q=aHR0cD ... %3D&hl=3ed

Cheers,

Cody

P.S. Don't worry about the URL's name, its just there because im at school and they block nolimitscoaster.de.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post November 24th, 2008, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
WOW, I can't wait for Nolimits 2! From what I've heard, it sounds like its going 2 B an amazing program. I really hope they newly make and do a good job the following coaster designs and features (just ideas)...[^]

-dive machine
-B&M flyer
-Mabe even A splash down feature?
-better proportions
-cool landscaping

there is much more but nothing comes 2 mind [:D]

Post November 24th, 2008, 4:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,783.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Holy Crap! The environments looks amazing!!! Looks like a first person shooter or something!

Getting actually slightly excited about this

Post November 24th, 2008, 4:40 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Ole should use NL2 as a resume to become an engine developer at a major developer studio. Its really nothing short of amazing how detailed his enviornment engines are. When textures get ramped up, everything will hopefully look extremely polished. Hopefully graphically it'll rival some of the best of this gen's offerings which is quite a feat considering the ammount of people behind No Limit's development.

Post November 24th, 2008, 6:53 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

will nl2 have a feature where the underground tunnel doesn't go through the ground? here's what i mean... http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i41529
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i41530

will that be fixed?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 25th, 2008, 2:03 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^why're you asking us? we aren't the dev-team

I would like it though.

Post November 25th, 2008, 6:07 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,783.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yeah, that would be a good feature, if the tunnels cut through the ground, and cut through the station building maybe? otherwise underground tunnels are a thing of dreams for those of us who don't use 3D's

Post December 6th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,513.00 Points
There's only one thing I want from NL2:

See-through track.

KTHXBYE.

Post December 6th, 2008, 2:42 pm

^ y in the world would you want that?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post December 6th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

^yer, that would be pointless...
Would be good for making fantasy coasters tho...

Wouldn't it be amazing if Ole surprised us with another update, like last year?

Post December 24th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post December 24th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

The Dev-Team wishes all customers of NoLimits a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Another year passed by and I was again not able to finish what I was planning to. Especially the last two months were quite unproductive, which is why there was no news in November. Since the graphics engine is almost complete now, I continued working on the coaster editing for the last weeks. The coaster editing is almost done but I decided to not hurry at this point and instead spend more time on verifying the design. The coaster editing design process is very different in NL2 compared to NL1. Some fundamental differences were required to make it easier to create smooth tracks. I have to admit that smoothing out tracks is a time consuming and boring task in NL1, unless you use additional tools like Elementary or AHG you need to be a highly skilled track builder to be able to create something decent. Elementary and AHG are quite powerfull, but I am more into hand-building. The NL2 way of track building will allow to hand-build a smoother coaster in less time. For heartlined coasters, there is also an option to build a coaster specifying the heart-line spline directly instead of the center of track, which will also make things more professional and straight forward. Except for the new spline-editing, there will be a couple of other new features like multiple coasters in a park and transfer tracks. The downside is that all the new features ask for a new track format which will not have much in common with the current NL1 track format. At this point, it is unsure how compatible NL1 tracks will be with the new format, all I can say at this point is that there will be a NL1 track import feature, but haven't coded that yet and I do not know how well NL1 tracks might be represented in the new engine. [ol]

Yaay heartline basedbuilding:P, transfers

Post December 24th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
OMG!!!! The the looks were just sexy and cool...BUT THIS!!!! OMG TRANSFER TRACKS!!!!! This is just sex on ice!!!
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post December 24th, 2008, 4:02 pm

yay! heartlining without using AHG!(hate that thing, everytime i try to use it, i fail and i get a headache...)
underground tunnels/tunnels through station would be great! (i also suck at CS)

more enviroments would be nice like 'rain' or 'winter/snowy' etc.

also maybe a more complex station with entrance, exit, photo's, que line, two parts of the station (boarding the train and leaving it) would be VERY nice (like said before, i suck at CS)

PS: i'm a noob i know but what are the 'transfers' everyone wants in NL2?
Click here!!

Post December 25th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
http://www.rcdb.com/ig616.htm?picture=14

It's usually at the end of the track. It's were trains are moved to either a)be inspected or b)allow a new train to be ran on the track. Put the above address above in the address bar and the picture might help explain.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2