Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post July 1st, 2008, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Hmmmm
its way past june :(

its cheating..last month he did it on the 1st, and changed the date. OH well, i hope he at least writes something
Rarwh

Post July 1st, 2008, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i want apple juice! and perhaps a built in OC so that you don't have to spend hard earned money just to make your rides look a bit cooler by having the most awesome 3D program that costs about ?????????700, i just don't have that kind of money!
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post July 8th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
Originally posted by Brandyn

And if it hasn't already been said, actual rising floors or the inverts or floorless coasters. Also maybe a chain return.

i really like this idea.

Post July 13th, 2008, 11:52 am

Points on hand: 1,539.00 Points

Post July 14th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
It would be cool to have an option where the heartline could lock into place and you could rotate the track around it. Just for the sake of perfect heartline rolls and an escape to trying to battle with the ahg while making a tophat that curves as it goes up.

Also, my first time seeing those screenshots.......*drool* XD
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post July 14th, 2008, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by dj-dj

All I want. Again: Scenery, track and terrain should cast shadows on scenery, track AND terrain.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about when he mentioned dynamic lighting in the April Update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding, with the addition, of course, to trains having shadows on them when passing under track.

Post July 14th, 2008, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
This reminds me, they need a little update; it's been since the end of May. Since it's mid July, they should at least have a little one for what they got done all June and thus far in July.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 14th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Hummm. Last I heard they were planning on starting completely from scratch for NL2. Are they still adding on to 1? Did they change their mind?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 14th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Nope, they went as planned and started from scratch.

Post July 15th, 2008, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^Yeah, as far as I know.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 15th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by ianko66

It would be cool to have an option where the heartline could lock into place and you could rotate the track around it. Just for the sake of perfect heartline rolls and an escape to trying to battle with the ahg while making a tophat that curves as it goes up.

Finally, someone else thinks this would be a good idea! Thinking further, maybe it could incorporate the AHG so you could just shape the heartline roll and it would take care of building the track around that. It seems like it'd be a hard tool to get right, but awesome nonetheless.

Post August 5th, 2008, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
I really would like more rollercoasters. That's what it is all about.

(And all of the above things, and an option to change trains)

Post August 5th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Vertical lift, like those lifts on Winjas. Probably hard to do but it would be cool...

Edit: Don't know if it's mentions but: watersplash!!!

Post August 8th, 2008, 6:10 am

oh and if it also hasn't been mentioned: the option for magnetic brakes! mine are being a real biznatch.

Post August 8th, 2008, 11:42 pm

^I'm assuming you want mag brakes that are placed in the middle of the track? If so, it's really not hard to do. A simple 3d app (Anim8or, OC) would suffice.

Post August 9th, 2008, 11:23 am

Still, if its all automatic and seemlessly intergrated its better
Rarwh

Post September 3rd, 2008, 11:29 am

Points on hand: 1,193.00 Points

Post September 3rd, 2008, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
Copy and paste supports for making custom stations would be grand.

Post September 3rd, 2008, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Monthly NoLimits 2 News (August)

I spent the first half of August with finishing some advanced Scene-Object features. Everything turned out pretty much I wanted it to be which is a good motivation for the next weeks. Advanced users can expect a nice bunch of new features regarding Scene-Objects in NL2 to play with. Most features are designed to add life to the scene, but there are also features which will help increase framerates such as the ability to have multiple LODs (levels of detail) depending on the viewing distance. Multiple levels of detail are very important especially for better looking foliage. Next to 3DS mesh-files, NoLimits2 will also support LWO (LightWave) mesh-files, this file-format has a couple of advantages compared to the very old 3DS format. It is important that alll the new advanced Scene-Object features are independent from the mesh format and will be customized in a separate text file. That means that the whole thing will only become a bit more complicated for users creating Scene-Objects that are actually making use of the new features. For most simple and static objects, the 3DS or LWO files can be directly added to a NL2 park without any changes, pretty much the same as it works in NL1. Buster has already his hands on the new features and maybe he will talk a bit about them in his next guest report. The second half of August was used for experimental stuff. One feature I would like to have in NL2 is a dynamic day-night cycle, unfortunately this topic is more complicated than I originally thought. Moving the sun around is pretty easy but it takes more than that so it will actually look cool. At least the skybox needs to be dynamic as well and dynamic clouds could not hurt, too. All these things have quite an impact on the framerate when not optimized well and optimization takes a lot of time. I stopped working on the dynamic day-night cycle because of that but planned to continue on it as soon as more core roller-coaster functionality is done. [ol]

Post September 3rd, 2008, 7:36 pm

Just keeps gettin better! I don't know much about Lightwave files, but that sounds dandy. I love the dynamic day-night cycle and LOD options.

Post September 4th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,603.00 Points
I hope they make a much easier and more accesable object creator.

Post September 4th, 2008, 4:22 pm

yeah, it's all a bit awkward as it is, but it's still a good game nonetheless

Post September 4th, 2008, 5:02 pm

I do hope this means finally animated objects
*hopefull*

Rarwh

Post September 9th, 2008, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 1,368.00 Points
I hope there will be diving coasters and the vekoma mk 700 illusion train (like the one in bobbejaanland).

Post September 9th, 2008, 11:32 am

i wanna be able to have doors that open when yu go through them, that is a little annoying when you want your guests to see only a few things

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2