Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 4th, 2008, 9:31 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2008, 9:38 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ yet you love roller coasters... interesting...
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post November 4th, 2008, 10:37 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

[lol] I know, I do suffer from pretty bad vertigo actually, but when on a coaster, it seems to affect me much less than if I was standing on something that was that high. I think it's something to do with the movement and how you're enclosed on a coaster. If I was standing on a bridge for example, that was 200ft above the floor, I would be absolutely messing myself, because I always get the feeling that I'm gonna just randomly jump off or something [lol] the thought of which makes me nauseous and so on. But when on a coaster 200ft in the air and already moving, I'm unable to see a situation in my head where I'm going to be falling out, and henceforth, I am not scared [:)]

I'm strange, I know.

Post January 19th, 2009, 6:19 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 19th, 2009, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

[lol] I know, I do suffer from pretty bad vertigo actually, but when on a coaster, it seems to affect me much less than if I was standing on something that was that high. I think it's something to do with the movement and how you're enclosed on a coaster. If I was standing on a bridge for example, that was 200ft above the floor, I would be absolutely messing myself, because I always get the feeling that I'm gonna just randomly jump off or something [lol] the thought of which makes me nauseous and so on. But when on a coaster 200ft in the air and already moving, I'm unable to see a situation in my head where I'm going to be falling out, and henceforth, I am not scared [:)]

I'm strange, I know.

I seem to have the same problem. I have no problem getting on roller coasters. This year I managed to get on Ripcord at Morey's Piers 8 times and once at SFGAdv and Drop Zone at KI 7 times, but I could not go up in the Eiffel Tower. It's just something I can't do

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Originally posted by DXMemberJackDX

Originally posted by gouldy

I'm strange, I know.

I seem to have the same problem. I have no problem getting on roller coasters. This year I managed to get on Ripcord at Morey's Piers 8 times and once at SFGAdv and Drop Zone at KI 7 times, but I could not go up in the Eiffel Tower. It's just something I can't do

Same here!
I also get the feeling, that I'm just randonly going to jump off, lol
Or, when i'm holding on to a fence, I can clearly see the fence breaking and me falling...
Also, I seem to be absolutely terrified, when I'm hanging by the restraints... For example, the Ranger, when it went up backwards, made me totally loose control of my actions, and I started screaming like a little girl...
But it's fine with other restraints, like the ones on top spin...
Weird, eh...?

Post January 19th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
i have it too, but i always think that when i look down i am going to lean to the front and fall [:D] because i get dizzy from large heights...
Click here!!

Post January 19th, 2009, 5:22 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

so yeah... anyway... what do you think of the cars? [;)][lol]

Post January 19th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

The cars are pretty sweet. The theming of this ride is going to be great, you can tell. And they are going to scare you, considering you have to be 15 to ride. I'd be mad if I wasn't 15! Are they tight on age limit rules?

Post January 19th, 2009, 6:03 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

we're yet to see, because as far as I'm aware, there's not an age limit on anything else... other than the alcohol at the pubs obviously [lol]

Post January 25th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/124

We have test footage! And the ride looks pretty fast and hopefully has alot of airtime over a couple of the airtime hills.

Annoyingly you cant really see too much of the cars. But apparently this video was taken over a month ago, so it wouldnt show too much anyway. Im getting really excited about this ride now [:D]

Post January 25th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post January 25th, 2009, 1:48 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

If i ever get a chance to ride that thing i'll be sooo happy.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 25th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post January 25th, 2009, 3:03 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

they actually sent the first car round more than a month ago, I believe it was the 13th of December they sent the first one round.

EDIT: [lol] I just noticed that it says that on the page jpe put the link up for. Probably sound like a proper gomo saying that now haha.

Post January 25th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

YAY ill be there first day of opening same as me and gouldy was for stealth.

anyone else want to meet up be glad to see you there
Making screams come true

Post January 25th, 2009, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
it would be awesome, but i'd be the only one i know who wants to go so no transportation [:(]
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post January 26th, 2009, 4:37 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well then why don't you invent teleportation? Simples!

Post January 26th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,944.00 Points

[url][/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3BiaEoP_w
The Coasterdude

Post January 26th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
WELL im going on the opening day but with friends i live only 5-10mins away. Bring on March!

Post January 31st, 2009, 10:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points
Wow! that is going to be a really cool ride. Wish my home park Six Flags over Georgia had this puppy![8D]

Post February 1st, 2009, 2:17 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I would trade every ride at Thorpe Park (with the possible exception of Stealth) for any one of many of the rides at SFOG [lol]

Post February 19th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Austin

The cars are pretty sweet. The theming of this ride is going to be great, you can tell. And they are going to scare you, considering you have to be 15 to ride. I'd be mad if I wasn't 15! Are they tight on age limit rules?

Actually it just says "not recommended if you're under 12" on Thorpe Park's web site. On the project Dylan web site it lists the 15+ age requirement under "Unconfirmed".

Post February 23rd, 2009, 7:36 am

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
have you seen this channel?? full of testing and construction photo's...
Click here!!

Post March 9th, 2009, 10:35 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

http://s655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... 0020-2.flv

Nice new video here, the lift hill looks REALLY fast. What i really like about this video is that it shows:

1. How fast you go over the peak of the first drop, it looks awesome
2. How well timed the ride it. It looks like (if the ride ops work properly), this thing is capable of having a very large capacity, which is always good for a park like thorpe. There never seems to be a moment in this footage when one car isnt traversing the main section of the ride. Its great to see, as so many coasters at Alton and Thorpe etc just dont seem to run that smoothly the majority of the time.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!