Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions CoasterCrazy Awards 2008 (CCA) Round 1

CoasterCrazy Awards 2008 (CCA) Round 1

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 18th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Lol, that's a good one. How many times have you said you won't go to small parks just because you could go to a Six Flags park that you've already been to instead? Or that bias against anything that was built before 1995? Doesn't sound equal-opportunity to me...

Post January 18th, 2009, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Uhh, I'm not a woodie fanboy. I only have about 5 woodies that I even like.

Yeah, by large transitions I thought you meant something different, although Dash does have a couple at during the first half that seem sort of the same. It does enhance the ride though; gives a sensation of just pure flying though the forest before it goes into the ridiculous air and lats. It clearly does need to be ridden before the strength of the air can be decided, though.

Post January 18th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
What bias is that? The one where I like what I consider is the better ride, and don't care when it was built? When did I ever say I don't like rides that came out before 1995? You're starting to make stuff up.

SROS is my #1, ET is my #2...nothing to do with building materials...all ride experience. A lot of people don't like Roar...I ride that an average of 3 times per trip to SFA, which puts me at probably 50-80 rides on it, if not more. I ride Wild One a lot too, and that ride is older than almost anything you've mentioned. Yes it's been refurbished, and it paces much faster now. Boulder Dash has also received some improvements, so why should Wild One being refurbished have anything to do with anything.

Believe what you want, and spread whatever misinformation you want to...I like whatever thrills me the most. I don't think small parks are worth my money because there are generally fewer rides that would thrill me. Same reason some coaster enthusiasts go to Sesame Place just to ride their little coaster...I'm not spending my $30 or whatever it is to go ride one kiddy coaster. I have a season pass to Six Flags, and that gets me into 2 parks for an entire season for $37 plus the parking pass for the family.

Post January 18th, 2009, 8:43 pm

I certain Kennywood Thunderbolt discussion on a certain other site (another one where you were trying to talk down on rides you've never ridden)...

And yeah, Wildone is BS. Look at pictures from when it was at Paragon, it's CLEARLY far different than it was. I'd definitely consider that an 80s-90s coaster, not a 20s coaster. THOUGH, I've not ridden it, so I wont even try to know what I'm talking about here. You only seem to go to Wildone as your old ride example though, what others have you tried?

And how is going to the same two Six Flags parks over and not going to smaller parks equal opportunity? How do you know what's going to thrill you if you keep going back to the same things? Maybe "sleeper" rides at those smaller parks would be better than anything at the Six Flags park. But no, you're an equal opportunity rider, as long as those rides happen to be at Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks.

It's probably a good idea to keep New England rides out of these polls in the future, lol.

Post January 18th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I go the parks with a lot of rides...I ride all that aren't kiddy rides. I rate them based on what I like best, not by what material they're made from. I don't want to use my money to go to a park with only one or two major rides. End of story.

I think you still gotta work on getting that life...

Post January 18th, 2009, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

How can you guys say you can't compare Dash and SROS. I like Dash more, so that makes it better, duh.

I would rather spend 30 bucks to go to LC all day and ride Dash all day then go to any SF park..

Also, I rode Dash during the day...still better than even night SROS rides, which I have mind you.

Post January 18th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Unfortunately Freddie isn't questioning what you'd rather do. That's perfectly fine...I wouldn't rather do that. I have no problem with your decision, not sure why a certain someone has a problem with my decision.

Post January 18th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
ugh, that took me a while to vote. Both of the coasters are fast. Both of them have crazy airtime. It's like, THERE THE SAME COASTER!!! but in the end, i had to choose S:ROS, because of height, and because its my fave coaster.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post January 18th, 2009, 11:29 pm

I'm pretty much done now. I will say I think your argument is one sided (having only tried the one side) and closed minded but whatever. The only problem I have with it is your going to great lengths to try to justify your position, but I don't think any amount of breaking down the ride and throwing force numbers out there is going to mean anything to me until you actually try both. If you ever decide to ride both, then I think one of these back and forth things will be a bit more worthwhile. But yeah, I'm done.

Thanks for giving my points back lol.

Post January 19th, 2009, 5:13 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by asaaa

THERE THE SAME COASTER!!!

Dude, do you even know these coasters? There are more coasters in the world that are fast and have airtime. But there are a lot of things BD has that SROS hasnt, and reversed.

Post January 19th, 2009, 7:19 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Wood > Steel

Easy decision for me [:)] BD get's my vote here [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 19th, 2009, 8:51 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Wood > Steel

So you like Efteling's Pegasus over Expedition GeForce?

Post January 19th, 2009, 9:31 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ LOL, PWND
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post January 19th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
I like how there hasn't been a single person who has argued on Superman's behalf...and has actually ridden both rides.

By the way, rides at 3pm on Superman pale in comparison to 5pm rides on Dash. The two hours must transform Ride of Steel into something completely different, since you pointed out there is NO WAY Dash could be as good as Superman under equal conditions. Not to mention how you would be an expert on the topic, considering the number of rides you have on Boulder Dash.

Dash gets my vote. :)

Post January 19th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Looks like ride of steel is gaining more and more votes guyes.

S:ROS=43 votes
Boulder Dash:40 votes

Post January 19th, 2009, 4:09 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Wood > Steel

So you like Efteling's Pegasus over Expedition GeForce?

When it comes to lateral forces, hell yeah [;)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 19th, 2009, 4:30 pm

I didn't spend a day on Trail Blazer and nearby rides. That shows how much taste you have.

:)

Post January 19th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by RCT-3-Crazy

Looks like ride of steel is gaining more and more votes guyes.

S:ROS=43 votes
Boulder Dash:40 votes
Actually,

S:ROS has 42 Votes
Boulder Dash has 41 Votes

VERY close.

43/41 now.

Post January 19th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points

Post January 19th, 2009, 5:39 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by dcs221

I didn't spend a day on Trail Blazer and nearby rides. That shows how much taste you have.

:)

Dont change the subject. The fact that we'd rather go to a kiddie park than hang around in a hotel lobby shows we have common sense.

Post January 21st, 2009, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,306.00 Points
I'm from Argentina but I know roller coaster from the u.s.a ..and all are f**king awesomeeee I LOVE USA ?????????????????????????????????????????????.. I want to win :

Millennium Force

mantis(cedar point)

sheikra (busch garden this park is fantastic ) ok good luck [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:p][:)][:D][:o)][:D][8D][8)]

Post January 21st, 2009, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,306.00 Points

Post January 21st, 2009, 5:36 pm

Yeah, waste even more money at a kiddy park. Good idea.

Post January 23rd, 2009, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions