Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

NoLimits
82%
Scream Machines
18%

Total votes : 267

Post October 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Well, it's over a year later and there hasn't been a single bit of a status update. I can't help but wonder what would've happened if SM took the majority of community love and support instead of NL, and where SM would be today if that happened.

Hyper Rails is long dead, but Theme Park Studio is coming up soon as a follow-up. I think the project shows a lot of promise and potential, despite Pantera's sketchy history with this sort of thing, and it certainly fills in the void left from the RCT franchise being run to the ground. However, after SM, NL, and HR all came around, I think things got way too crowded which is why NL won out in the end.

Not sure if SM2 is being worked on slowly in secret, or if the whole thing is completely scrapped. I have to admit, a source release would be nice if the latter happened, although the community doesn't seem to be large enough with sufficient interest to handle an open-source coaster/park sim. (It's been tried once and never got anywhere after a long time.)

That said, I'm happy for both NL2 and TPS. Things have stagnated pretty badly in the world of coaster/park sims, and we're long due for a refresh. Having not one, but two new products upcoming is nice to mix things up.

Post October 23rd, 2013, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
We should put this thread in the hall of fame for threads that gets randomly bumped here and there. It's a decade old!

Post October 24th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
It's the Scream Machines forum, where 2 year old threads still appear on the first page. The sim is dead for the time being anyways.

So yes, I bumped a > 1 year old thread to say that, but also to direct anyone who may bump into this forum to all the new stuff going on because it's important to the topic and because it may be helpful to someone checking in to see if anything has changed over the last year. Which, technically it has, just not in SM by itself.

Post September 26th, 2015, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just want to know your clear thoughts. Which do you think is better? Scream Machines or Theme Park Studio? In fact, they kind of look similar to me.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 21st, 2015, 5:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Hi and sorry for the late reply since I figured someone would get to you. I played both games me personally I still like scream machines better. TPS is good but it's not as stable as scream machines. This is just me my personal thoughts.

Post October 22nd, 2015, 4:22 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Thanks for the reply! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Scream Machines